• Total voters
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ARE INTJs RIGHT-WING or LEFT-WING?

I ask because of a chart I saw a while ago indicating INTJs mostly leaned Republican. I can't seem to locate the chart anymore.

I found this somewhat hard to believe.

Sure we embody conservative values (isolation, order, structure, etc), but I believe our ideologies, especially socially, tend to lean left making us left-leaning Democrats as opposed to Republican.

This is all provided there is a black or white spectrum and not the more realistic spectrum of varying degrees where most, if not all, INTJs would likely be centrists with a left lean.

The poll indicates black or white for general data.

ARE INTJs the MOST RACIST TYPE?

I came across this poll a little while back and thought it must be mistaken due to improper (subjective) coding behind responses. It stated INTJs as the most racist type then ISTJs and INTPs. So I thought I would seek some clarity on this. There may be some racist INTJs out there, but I believe our acknowledgement of certain truths will cause others to view us as racists, fallaciously.

Anyhow, let me know what you all think.

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
Above all else, I’m a pragmatist / realist. Therefore, from a dispassionate perspective, I can tell militant ideologies can lead to erratic and irrational decisions. Contrary to what SJWs preach, political action must not be crafted based on feelings, daydreaming, wishful thinking or political correctness. Instead, it must meet the key strategic criteria of statecraft: convenience (for the national interest), feasibility and legitimacy.

I reject all expressions of racism or discrimination (including what’s euphemistically referred to as "affirmative actions"). I favour meritocracy, i.e. judging people based on the content of their character… and the effectiveness of their results.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Political leaning has nothing to do with type. If anything I’d say the intj would be a rather unpolitical type.
I would argue MBTI can be used to assess political lean generally.

I used to be very unpolitical. Very. Until I realized that if one has opinions, one is political whether one realizes this or not. And INTJs have opinions aplenty. So I studied up on topics and became more wise to the world I am a part of. It’s all about strategy.

Of course, being a 1w9 might also be part of the equation.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Loud, angry men that identify themselves as INTJ online tend to be very right wing and "traditional," especially those MGTOW-ish guys. As for racism: don't put that past anyone, no matter their type.
Hmmm, argument data inputted. Though I suspect those loud angry men right-wing traditional men are likely mistyped ISTJs.

And I completely understand every type can be racist. The article just stated INTJs as being the most racist type, which struck me as odd.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
Sounds like a bullshitty article without merit

·
Registered
INTP 5w4
934 Posts
I used to be much more interested in politics than I am now. I kept seeing the merit of both sides and slowly drifted from left wing to the centre, but still to the left.

Now I barely follow politics at all, I understand that it is important in human terms and will affect me, either positively or negatively, but I just feel completely apathetic toward the whole concept of human advancement, of which politics plays a large part.

If I voiced my political opinions I would likely be viewed as right wing and racist by the far left. But I think most people can relate to that.
So I just don't bother with any of it any more, it's boring to me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Neither, I hate politics because it's politics. Nothing but a popularity contests that is full of lies & corruption. :rolleyes:
A few years back I talked about being active politically with a friend of mine. He said something like: "Of course politics is interesting. The problem is I frequently have the impression that only those of my acquitances who were the biggest bastands got really into politics and are active in political parties".

I remember I argued that it wasn't correct and that "of course, normal, good people" go into politics.

Now several years later, I've met plenty of politically active people and most of them have had some character traits I consider "issues" (manipulative, amoral, liars). Basically, if someone told me today what the friend told me back then, I wouldn't quarrel with them :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hmmm, argument data inputted. Though I suspect those loud angry men right-wing traditional men are likely mistyped ISTJs. The article just stated INTJs as being the most racist type, which struck me as odd.
Yes.

An ISTJ, depending on social environment and upbringing, will be far more racist than an INTJ ever could or would.

I used to be much more interested in politics than I am now.
I kept seeing the merit of both sides and slowly drifted from left wing to the centre, but still to the left.
If I voiced my political opinions I would likely be viewed as right wing and racist by the far left.
Yes to all this.

I lean left of center as well, because I value my independence above all. The right just doesn't work for my mindset.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am left-leaning, but I think pretty much all politicians are full of shit. I also do have some conservative viewpoints. I am interested in politics, but it's nothing I want to talk about with most people. There are five topics where I think you're generally asking for trouble if you get into discussions about them with most people--two of them more so than others, and you brought up those exact two. I really try to stay away, especially if I have no clue if I'm dealing with like-minded people.

And on that same note of staying away/asking for trouble...not too many people will be honest with you about being an INTJ racist. My viewpoint about racists is different from most people's and fairly unpopular. Most people like to assume that 99% of people aren't racist--or that mainly certain groups of people are racist--and that racism is taught, and I completely disagree. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but I think everyone in the US is racist to some degree/varying degrees and most just don't want to face it and/or don't really know what "racist" is...or define it in whatever way will exclude them.

The degree is not related to MBTI type or cognitive functions or anything like that, IMO, nor most of the other stuff people attribute racist beliefs/attitudes to, i.e. being from the South, being old, lack of exposure to/interaction with different races, etc. The more I interact with different types of people, the more I dislike those types--including my own (not specifying). I've interacted with Hispanics the least (I know that's not a race, but they still experience racist-like prejudice and bigotry), and I just...don't really think much of anything about them because I don't know anything about them. Ultimately, though, because I end up feeling like I hate this or that group and it's pretty much every group, that tells me that I just actually "hate" people and not so much races (or sex/genders or so on and so forth). And I do think that's true. There are people from every group that I do like, but they're very much exceptions. I just don't like people. And, who knows, that might be why INTJs are seen as "most racist," i.e. because maybe many of us just don't like people, period, and some of the reasoning given is racialized...but, as someone else also mentioned, can also be gendered, i.e. the MGTOW and other more "women-hating" types. But for my part, I do know that there's something wrong with every group of people out there, which means I know no group is better than any other. They just all suck in different ways.

Back to the topic of what accounts for degrees of racism, IMO...I think having a problem with differences is fairly innate and not just restricted to race, and this is coming from someone who was fascinated by people from different cultures even as a kid and who will probably end up married to someone outside of my race if I ever do get married (which is unlikely). Which differences you have the most problems with will just vary from person to person, i.e. some are more homophobic than racist, some are more woman-hating than xenophobic, etc. It takes becoming more self-aware and more socioculturally aware to change what's innate, and it's work that most people just don't seem to want to do...so, instead, they deny being racist or they justify it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The problem with the term "racism" is that many people use it to devaluate those who criticize others based on their culture.

I think racism is always bad and should never be accepted. Nobody should evaluate people based on the color of their skin - something they can't change.

I also think criticizing people based on how they behave (their culture) is completely ok, even a good thing to do. I don't like relativism. I think some values (non-violent communication, equality, rationalism) are good and should be strived for.

In my country, there's currently a problem that there was plenty of migration from countries where people follow a completely different set of rules frequently based on religion. They also consider women to be inferior to men. This is very visible in the public space. As a woman I've been followed by men from these cultures to the extent that made me fear about my safety. I've also been shouted at for "not behaving the way a woman should behave" - being complemented by a man for example. I also saw battles in the public space between representatives of different clans. And I'm not even mentionining what I haven't experienced myself and what happened to other people where I live. Basically, the public safety and especially women's safety and standard of life has suffered a lot as a result of this migration. But you can't say that. If you do, you are considered a racist.

That's something I don't accept.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
This forum is quite left-leaning. And yeah, reclusive "big brain" guys who are feeling racist would probably buy into the INTJ mastermind bullshit as it confirms their delusions of grandeur.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Beyond left-right spectrum nationalist reporting for duty! o>

Economics: 1- I believe in an economical balance of market freedom without the devaluation of social programing. 2- People should care less about what is left and right, and care more about what is better for the country and folk at the momentum, without the need to strictly follow political pre-made charts.

Social: 1- Parasitic behavior should be dealt with lethal measures, morals should be enforced by the law. 2- Our folk comes in first place. 3- I don't give a shit if you think you are an intergalactical transformer, as long as you don't ask me to also believe that, we are good. 4- Fuck "safe spaces".

About racism: 1- As a nationalist, I respect my roots. 2- I would never mistreat someone just because of their race, but I also believe my coutry belongs to my people, not to foreign invaders. 3- Decades of globalist indoctrination made us soft, lenient towards "multiculturalism", which is just another term for european genocide. 4- Whoever endorses anti-european policies inside european countries should be labeled a terrorist and be dealt as such.

I lean left of center as well, because I value my independence above all. The right just doesn't work for my mindset.
If you value your independence, then the left isn't for you. Left wing is all about collectivism, right wing is about individualism. The most freedom oriented position you can get is anarcho-capitalism, which is the true "far-right".

·
Registered
639 Posts
Social:2- Our folk comes in first place.

2- I would never mistreat someone just because of their race, but I also believe my coutry belongs to my people, not to foreign invaders.

4- Whoever endorses anti-european policies inside european countries should be labeled a terrorist and be dealt as such.
These elements you described are us-vs-them mentality, which is an aspect of collectivism.

·
Registered
INTP 5w4
934 Posts
Beyond left-right spectrum nationalist reporting for duty! o>

Economics: 1- I believe in an economical balance of market freedom without the devaluation of social programing. 2- People should care less about what is left and right, and care more about what is better for the country and folk at the momentum, without the need to strictly follow political pre-made charts.

Social: 1- Parasitic behavior should be dealt with lethal measures, morals should be enforced by the law. 2- Our folk comes in first place. 3- I don't give a shit if you think you are an intergalactical transformer, as long as you don't ask me to also believe that, we are good. 4- Fuck "safe spaces".

About racism: 1- As a nationalist, I respect my roots. 2- I would never mistreat someone just because of their race, but I also believe my coutry belongs to my people, not to foreign invaders. 3- Decades of globalist indoctrination made us soft, lenient towards "multiculturalism", which is just another term for european genocide. 4- Whoever endorses anti-european policies inside european countries should be labeled a terrorist and be dealt as such.

If you value your independence, then the left isn't for you. Left wing is all about collectivism, right wing is about individualism. The most freedom oriented position you can get is anarcho-capitalism, which is the true "far-right".
I agree with basically everything you said, but I don't understand fully what you mean when you say, "Whoever endorses anti-european policies inside european countries should be labeled a terrorist and be dealt as such."

You strike me as someone who would hold freedom of speech in high regard and simply endorsing any idea should fall under freedom of speech, right? And they should be dealt with socially?

Unless you are saying that they should be thought of in the same ways as we think of terrorists, rather than legally considered to have committed the crime of terrorism?

1 - 20 of 135 Posts