Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
No..... I have plenty of energy. Just not for people.

Reactions: Bluity

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think the very key thing is their energy is directed within, so what is traditionally​ seen as energetic, if extraverted in bias, is not likely to fit the introvert.
This is pretty much what I was going to say. I've heard introversion describe as a flow of energy that flows inward instead of outward, so the energy is always there. However, what about when someone who is naturally introverted is forced to make that energy flow outward, somehow? Would they then be losing energy, expending it like a withdrawing from a bank? And what about for extraverts who turn inward? I wonder how(/if) this relates to the Jungian cognitive functions

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
My energy is up and down, around others or alone. I have periods of ambiversion. But, then there are long periods where I just have no energy for anyone.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Deliberate, calm, content.
By that, then high energy would be erratic, excited, and discontent. Somehow I prefer being your definition of low energy.

I like to think that I conserve my energy for moments where I will really need it, which makes sense since I am a type 5. Most of my energy though is directed towards my mind and its thought process.

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,514 Posts
???
I don't understand how those are linked to energy.

Most of the time I have plenty of energy; I am restless inside, looking for a project to pour all that into, a direction to get me going. Have no idea what that looks like from the outside, though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sounds like the original question about energy is about how it is perceived by other people and where that energy is directed. Generally, my energy is not directed toward you and your feelings, so if that is how you define energy, then I would be considered as having low energy by your standards.

·
Registered
32 Posts
well, based on your definition...being low energy sounds quite wonderful,
i suppose usually i'm low energy, however at times when i can't arrive at a conclusion on something after i've over-analyzed for a couple of days, i tend to be kind of moody i guess?
if your definition of 'high energy' is impulsive, enthusiastic and disgruntled...i guess i can be 'high energy' when i am in the heat of debating about something that actually matters to me with someone i consider to be close to...does that count?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Plenty of people would describe me as peppy, outgoing, energetic and intense.

That does come out around the right people, in the right situations, etc. and usually it will drain me in the end.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Physically I've always had a lot of energy & if I'm doing things with friends it's the same. Especially outdoors but, some social situations make me want to lay down & sleep until it's over. Crowds standing & yakking small talk, drink in hand....just bores me to sleep. Been there, done that. Usually to make someone else happy or avoid an argument. My environment has a lot to do with my energy level.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think high energy is viewed in relation to excitability. So if someone is easily excited and pumped up about different things then they are viewed as high energy, then the opposite for low energy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nope. I would say that defines a lot of introverts, but there are plenty that are anxious and irritable. It's just harder to pick up on, because they are inwardly focused. So an introvert could be freaking out, but look quite calm on the outside.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts