Personality Cafe banner
181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
🌱
7,739 Posts
The difference between cars is that mx5 is rwd and 3 is fwd. You have to change your driving to almost opposite. FWD naturally understeers, while RWD naturally oversteers. It's opposite. To me it looks like a good example.
Ok but developing the skill to drive one doesn't force a person to focus less on the skill required to drive the other.

·
Registered
🌱
7,739 Posts
The point is that skills are independent of what is prefered. Mazda 3 driver as much as he loves drifting would need to learn a lot before doing it properly.
Yes, but there is more to the functions than preference. The preference starts early in life, then we develop the preferred functions to the exclusion of the non-preferred functions for years. The years of experience operating with the preferred functions, not the preference itself, is where the greater skill presumably comes from.

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,327 Posts
Yes, but there is more to the functions than preference. The preference starts early in life, then we develop the preferred functions to the exclusion of the non-preferred functions for years. The years of experience operating with the preferred functions, not the preference itself, is where the greater skill presumably comes from.
Skill maybe come and don't matter much in typology. It's all about energy or in other words preferences ir what gets our emotional stuff in good shape.

·
Registered
🌱
7,739 Posts
Skill maybe come and don't matter much in typology. It's all about energy or in other words preferences ir what gets our emotional stuff in good shape.
I don't understand half of what you've posted here. I wasn't saying that skill matters in typology, I was suggesting that skills related to preferred/developed functions might give people an edge in IQ testing.

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,327 Posts
I don't understand half of what you've posted here. I wasn't saying that skill matters in typology, I was suggesting that skills related to preferred/developed functions might give people an edge in IQ testing.
And my point is that dominant function is not always skillful and inferior not always left out without skills. Does it make sense?

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
No, their skewed in favour of intelligent people ;) That's the whole point.

On a more serious note, IQ tests normally comprise several components, such as verbal, numeric and non-verbal. The non-verbal part doesn't actually mean "an easy task to include those who can't read", it's an entirely separate skill in itself... it's related to spacial perception, holistic perception, etc. It is said that dyslexics are very good good at this. Is anyone complaining that the non-verbal test favours dyslexics?

Some people do well in one dimension but not the others. Also, if you are a sensor and you are truly good at practical, hands-on tasks, as sensors are stereotypically reported to be, that will be reflected somehow in your IQ scores, e.g. by exceptional spatial rotation skills. It's not like your hands could be good at doing things without your brain being involved.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
^ shit, I misspelled "they're" as "their" in a thread about IQ. I blame this on native speakers. I never had this problem when I still lived in my home country.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I do agree that the N/S dichotomy probably introduces error in the results, but the way you talk about it makes it sound like it is some sort of plot to keep sensors down.
A glitch in The Matrix. I like plots. Anyway as far as I understand, an IQ test measures your ability to recognize patterns. Well in the real world or The Matrix as you will you have to be able to do something with the patterns your recognize.

·
Registered
🌱
7,739 Posts
All these people talking about IQ tests without any idea about what is on them is ridiculous.

Anyway as far as I understand, an IQ test measures your ability to recognize patterns.
IQ tests measure all kinds of things beyond this; at least, they are intended to measure other things, and different tests measure different things.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.