Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm generally more of a fan of INTJs, but my current...erm...boy toy...is an ISFP.

You guys are super sweet, but I'm still not sure if there's potential for a real long term relationship. Conversation is mediocre at best, which is a big strike -- I feel like I need an N, at least, in the long run. Still, I don't think a good ENTP/ISFP relationship is a complete impossibility. I doubt it's the best, but I'll let you know when I find out for sure. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I've mentioned more than once on this forum that ISFP's are one of my very favourite types! But aside from myself I haven't heard of many ENTP's feeling especially strongly about them. I've had a couple of really close ISFP friends. The only problem I can see if you're looking at a relationship is that both types tend to always be on the move, finding new opportunities and changing. So both types (in my experience as well as from a bit of reading) can end up just growing apart from friends after a while.

Maybe you need to find an artsy ENTP for it to work. I've always connected with ISFP's over music and movies and that sort of thing. I also like that they're just fun, light-spirited people. Good sense of humour. Many things I like.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
As far as S-type relationships go, you guys are the best, at least in my experience. N-types might be better in the long term because of differing communication styles, but y'all are pretty cool (in general).

Reactions: Kel28 and agokcen

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I like ESFP's, never been around an ISFP but I think almost FP would be an interesting date.
I like volatile, spunky girls that really care.

Reactions: Kel28

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I like plenty of S types, and often dislike certain N types. Sure, I have the most fluid conversations with NT's, but that's not what I look for in every single encounter. I like different personalities for the different things they offer. Also so that I can exercise the different facets of my own personality.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have S friends that I absolutely adore...But my closer friends are N's. We are just able to communicate better. I don't think I'd have much interest in an S type romantically. My best matches would be INTJ, INFP, INFJ and INTP.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Not an ENTP but I tend to admire the Fi-dominant types for the scope and the depth of emotion that I see within them. It is fascinating and very charming. Even though I orient by Fe and MBTI theory states that Fe users may find Fi users to be selfish, usually it is the poorly developed tertiary and inferior Fi that gives off those sort of vibes.

There is an ENTP dude visiting this forum that said he has been married to ISFP girl for a long time and I remember him saying that it has been a good relationship for him.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'd assume that its the ability to kind of "balance each other out". ENTP's can be disorganized and chaotic, we have trouble finishing what we start sometimes. INTJ's and INFJ's will likely bring a bit of much needed structure to the life of an ENTP. In my experience, an INTJ/ENTP pair can get a lot done together...They both bring different skills to the table. My best friend and most of my very good friends are INTJ. The relationship can seem a bit antagonistic (both being blunt types and not having to worry about hurting each other most of the time), but there's never a dull moment and there's always something to discuss. They're also shadows of each other. ENTP is Ne-Ti-Fe-Si and INTJ is Ni-Te-Fi-Se.

A relationship with an INFJ would be more challenging though.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
The more I go on with things, the more I realize how generally sweet and adorable ISFPs can be. And it's so genuine, which is just...unusual. The complete lack of ego is also a strange thing. And just by sitting around in silence and appreciating each other's company and touch, there's still an undeniable connection that I usually only feel with deep conversation partners. Everything is so shockingly simple.

You're a totally different breed, and I have no idea what to do about it! But it's kind of...nice...:blushed:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think I married an ISFP

What I like:
Smart in ways that I am not (highly verbal, a writer, a poet)
Enjoy long conversations about lots of things
He does not judge me
He really respects my talents and abilities
He is a wonderful father - probably the most involved and nurturing
Giving and pleasing, loyal and faithful, pure
Good character
Has his interests that can occupy him, so we each have space
We share similar values so haven't had conflict on religion, raising kids, etc.
I don't get bored figuring out how his mind works - scattered, abstract, absent-mindedness
Good with interpersonal areas, people like him, but he is committed to his values

Cons:
Hard to rely on for routine things
Forgetfulness, losing things
Likes to stay in his comfort zone
Can't figure out how to get out of a job he doesn't like - unsure of himself
Hides a few secrets - for instance sneaks junk food
Not able to stop weight gain issues
Gets very upset with any hint of criticism
Sometimes I think he has invented for himself a false reality about his weakness areas so he won't have to make changes

1 - 20 of 28 Posts