Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out recently with a group of friends, most of whom were ESTJs and ESFPs, and realized how few intuitives I hang out with.

I'm married to an ENFP, have a couple INTP friends I see during the day at museums and such. But for happy hours and hanging out during the weekend mostly ESFPs and ESTJs.

Get along much better with the ESTJs than ENTJs, less competitive, more complementary, and they share my interest in facts and figures. Play softball and basketball with a lot of ESFPs, and there's always a good happy hour afterwards.

Is this just me, or are your friends mostly sensors?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Most (75-85%) ARE sensors... But I enjoy N company more. When drinking is another matter... Then the discussions dont reach more depth than a normal tequila glass...

·
Registered
424 Posts
I do have SJ and SP friends (more like acquaintances), but nothing ever goes in depth. I don't feel connected to them in any way nor do I feel obligated to help them with their troubles if they ever face any. There are many reasons behind why I don't get along with them and it revolves around interests mainly talking about other people (girls) which I have no desire to engage conversation with. Regarding some SJs and SPs, I don't understand the need for making comments about girls who pass by. To me, it seems like some insecurity built in the person about what is beautiful and what is not. If they were to insult or compliment people on how they look, I'd do the same for them except steamroll them on their insecurities and intelligence, but I don't.

I find mature SPs and SJs much more sociable once they get married because they learn what is responsibility for themselves and others. Unfortunately, just yesterday I had to bear a conversation with a STP (likely ESTP), who mentioned he needs to get on with his life and saying he's 30 and is married. As our group conversation continued superficially, he just looked around and stared at girls (albiet just fat assed girls). The worst part for me was to endure his dumbass remark, "Damn, the girls on this campus are..."(something along the lines of hot, fuckable). I immediately brainstormed, "Didn't he just say he was married?", and I thought he was just all about responsibility, commitment, and their ever improving inner persona. I know that in times of crisis, this person would not be dependable. The funny thing is, he wants to be a teacher and I hope by the time he becomes a role model, he picks up his life. I think at the age of 30, he is either just putting up a fake front to my college peers, or bullshitting his masculinity front. I do hope its the former, otherwise I'd project him to be a horrible and irresponsible teacher that I wouldn't be afraid to rat out of the system before he traumatizes his students.

Most my friends are either NFs or NTs. Although NTs have a fair share of bad things such as their cold blooded tendencies and brain competition, I understand them. I learned to look past the inner insecurity of the NTs (their ego and false sense of unique intelligence). It is not that NTs are "smart" but that they can solve problems and come up with conclusions. When we converse, I feel that I am actually learning something and getting somewhere whereas with SJs and SPs, I just feel like I am there to validate their existence.

NFs are awesome because they make me (an NT) feel as if I am human again, not a robot. I don't feel as if there is competition like talking to an NT who automatically assumes I am there to become smarter than they are. We still understand each other because my Fe is very close to my Ne, almost equal. I don't mind using my Fe to lead my mental state for a short while. At work, I hate NTs because they are my competitors. Unfortunately, if we work together, we can synergize but their competitive minds just think if they don't eliminate me, I'd eliminate them.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I have some very good sensor friends, but most of the people I would consider my truest friends are Ns.

In my town, my best women friends are ESTJ, ESFJ, INFP. People I meet with frequently who live at other places in the UK, the ones I sit up with and talk til 4am, that group are ENFJ, INTP, ENFP, INTJ. The people I perform with are mostly NFs, I think. My work colleagues are mostly NTs.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
For the wild times, I'm surrounded by SPs.

The only SJs I really know of are my parents.

NTs, I'm dating one, my best friend's one.

NFs, my ex and a few chicks I just met.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I actually don't really type my friends or people who I meet too much. Just doesn't come across my mind as important, which I guess is a good thing. Anyway, if I had to venture a guess, I would say most of my friends are SPs. Very fun to hangout with, but not to have a discussion about constitutional law or fundamental human rights with (I get stares). Which I don't really mind most of the time--I find some way to dump my ideas through my friends who are Ns.

I am friends with a couple of Ns, though, but most seem like NFs, specifically ENFPs. I really don't know too many confirmed NTs except for my INTJ friend who I have GREAT discussions with.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have some very good sensor friends, but most of the people I would consider my truest friends are Ns.

In my town, my best women friends are ESTJ, ESFJ, INFP. People I meet with frequently who live at other places in the UK, the ones I sit up with and talk til 4am, that group are ENFJ, INTP, ENFP, INTJ. The people I perform with are mostly NFs, I think. My work colleagues are mostly NTs.
I envy your abundance of NFs/NTs close by.... Most of my friends are SPs/SJs.... Problem is that most of them really dont know me that well in depth....

·
Banned
998 Posts
All of my close friends are Ns. Even my family members who I am closer to are N. Brother is ENFJ, mom is INFJ, one of my cousins is ENFP, another cousin is INFJ, and another cousin is EN**. My dad on the other hand is ISTJ, and while we get along, we're not particularly close.

I think the reason is that we require that abstract thinking in conversational situations. And we like figuring stuff/people out.

My conversations with S's are usually pretty one dimensional and descriptive. With them I usually clown around and pretend to care about their stories about what makes this restaurant better than that one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts