Personality Cafe banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts
The difference between Perception and Judgement is the same between low Conscientiousness and high Conscientiousness in the Big Five. Big Five "type" are strongly correlated to MBTI type according to personality database and with statistics law of large number make things obective and rights.

Since users of MBTI do not recognize spectrums, MBTI types are archetypal. So in general, an INFJ, as an archetype, would be seen very conscientious and an INFP very low. Conscientiousness is associated with bluntedness, industriousness and organization. You have to be very persistent to be Conscientious.
INFJ does not function the same way as an INFP. The way I see it, INFJ tend to see objectivity in words use by other and apply them as an universal rule and apply finalism to materiality. That's Ni-Fe.
On the contrary, I think, INFP tests experimentally what the others says to them, that's Ne-Si and if it appears its not true to them, they fill it or not in their Fi.

But, there is a but! The nature of INFP shadow the ESTJ is also pretty stubborn. Since Te is the four of the stack, we can be deadly stubborn, if you dig. At least I can be aha

As an infp, idk enough about other types to compare. More interested in how my own mind works.

As for myself, I can say that im usually much more tactful than blunt. Well, with respectful ppl, I am. I want solutions. But sometimes yelling and being blunt is the only way some ppl get it, being nice doesnā€™t work in most cases and ppl. Actually thatā€™s not true, itā€™s not the case with ppl who have human values.

If someone that I donā€™t like which is a lot of ppl, ( and Iā€™m not under the the delusion that most ppl are good), I have no problem being blunt ( but they have do something I wonā€™t be mean for any other reason like I having a bad day and accidentally blew up that would never happen) I have no issue with telling others I donā€™t like them, etc.

And I donā€™t HIDE behind sarcasm, either. Straight truth is good enough. Hate ppl who play mind games.

Once I got fired for a flower shop bc this one customer would come in and buy a woman flowers for but he was cheating on his wife ( I know bc he told me, itā€™s amazing what ppl tell you, I guess he thought he was being cool.) I hate cheaters and the first time he came in I sold him some flowers to give to his mistress, and this actually bother me for days....I hate being push into things Iā€™m against...so, the 2nd time he came in, I refused, and the manager got involved and of course Iā€™m the worker, I mean slave, so I have to help this person be a liar or a cheater and overall scum of earth the way his treats his love ones...Now, bc Iā€™m work in this shop I must become part of this chain but I broke my part in that chain, lots yelling and unkind things were being said right there on the store floor room, in the end I got fire ( I would have quit anyways), bc I wonā€™t be part of the chain. I have no desire to be part of such disgrace of human character and to force ppl in schemes and Iā€™m not suppose to care....im Not a robot, I will not go with the flow of Society if society is going to protect and force ppl into this disgusting behaviors. And Iā€™m very blunt about it when it crosses my path.

i have no regrets.

so, who is more blunt....
does it really matter

what matters more is the intent of why you are being blunt

unless this is some contest....than if that is the case....sure your type can be more blunt. You can have that title. I donā€™t really want it esp. if there is no real meaning behind it :) And in all fairness like I say in the beginning I do and usually i am tactful than blunt....Iā€™m all about integrity. Thatā€™s the title I want.

With regards to NFJs being ā€œharderā€, in a way they can be ā€œhardā€ from my perspective because sometimes we can have disagreements over me holding a particular line of thought that stems from my personal beliefs versus their inclination towards broader principles and what they see as ā€œuniversalā€. Typical Fi vs Fe. They also find me a little hard to pin down at times because of Ni vs Ne and the J vs P means I donā€™t tend to plan as well as they do and often lose stuff, donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing.

However a healthy NFJ generally tends to appreciate my perspective a lot and theyā€™re impressed by my ability to remember things (Si) and my relatively quick wit / drop of a hat sense of humor. They also see in me an ability to be independent and act based on whatā€™s right without feeling guilt over whether Iā€™m catering to the ā€œgreaterā€ view, something that I feel is a bit more of a struggle for them.

Their ability to empathize and have a much easier time seeing different perspectives than I do, with a broader and more expressive range of feelings yet retaining a strong sense of doing whatā€™s right and having the ability to talk about deep stuff is what makes them so complementary and so awesome to me.

Now SFJs on the other hand I feel as though they share an F with me but thatā€™s about it. They generally donā€™t have the depth of NFJs despite sharing the F and J, and being SJs I feel as though while both us NFs and SFJs can be genuinely kind and helpful people, the description on Truity sums it up very well: That our core motives for doing so can be quite different.

For them theyā€™ll go through many gestures and seem as though theyā€™re there for you, but theyā€™re not there WITH you and what they do is more out of principle / nature. From my experiences with SFJs they seem a lot more helpful on the surface but they lack that deeper level of understanding and ability to sympathize. Not saying NFs always do it well, I know for a fact that my tolerance threshold gets lower and lower with repeated offenses / if the other person I feel has violated one or several of my values, but it seems to me as though theyā€™re less willing to get to the bottom of an issue if itā€™s not something their Si-Fe can understand.

They have a much more disengaged / disinterested quality to them despite being the caretakers in many peopleā€™s view. You try to express your concern for the greater state of affairs and theyā€™ll shoot you down or be unable to see where youā€™re coming from. Not NFJs, who make me feel cared for in the small stuff while having their mind on the bigger questions as well.

For NFs on the other hand itā€™s usually out of a deeper sense of conviction and attachment and wanting to do our part, no matter how small it may be, to address the grievances we see.

I've had an infj friend (confirmed, I had already suspected her type but I made her take the test anyway and she strongly agreed with the results) for years and she was less blunt than me tbh. She was more a of a "fuck people" type in private, but she was always polite in social situations and she didn't really care about different opinions. She tried being nice when criticizing people and could be a bit of a pushover but she was pretty firm and cold in her decisions when she felt someone had crossed the line (like when she decided to cut me out of her life, lol). But she's the only infj I know, so she doesn't represent everyone (I'm sure Hitler was quite different).

On the other hand, I can't stay quiet even when I should. I've found myself in shouting matches with complete strangers before I even realize what I'm doing and even when I'm not angry I'm completely tactless (not deliberately though). I've seen people in this thread saying that infp's do not want to impose their moral values. If that's true then I'm definitely mistyped. If you know that something's right and you don't want to "impose" it then you're not a very good person.

And it's not only me. I know a lot of people that appear to be fi doms. Half of them are very sweet, nice and accepting with a general type 9 aura. The other half are literal hell to deal with and I want nothing to do with them.

INFJ's have more chances to succeed in life and actually do something useful tbh.

To be blunt, I find xNFJs kind of strange for feelers because, hmm, while they're passionate and easy to rattle, it's like they don't think about other people's feelings much. They don't seem entuned or concerned with how other people feel, meanwhile, they act free to accuse you of being that way. At least in the case of INFJ >_>

Reactions: intranst
I gotta say I notice this with less self-aware Fe users in general, NFJs and other types that use Fe. Itā€™s like theyā€™re more outwardly emotional and expressive in caring about people but once you get past a certain point with them you realize they donā€™t feel as strongly as they make it out to be. Less well-balanced ones I feel also tend to stick to a ā€œscriptā€ of sorts for interacting with people and that frustrates me, an Fi-dom, to no end.

As soon as I go off-script theyā€™re dumbfounded and donā€™t know how to respond. I notice this more with Fe-tertiary and Fe-inferior but sometimes Fe-dom / Fe-aux can be a bit like that too.

The difference between Perception and Judgement is the same between low Conscientiousness and high Conscientiousness in the Big Five. Big Five "type" are strongly correlated to MBTI type according to personality database and with statistics law of large number make things obective and rights.

Since users of MBTI do not recognize spectrums, MBTI types are archetypal. So in general, an INFJ, as an archetype, would be seen very conscientious and an INFP very low. Conscientiousness is associated with bluntedness, industriousness and organization. You have to be very persistent to be Conscientious.
INFJ does not function the same way as an INFP. The way I see it, INFJ tend to see objectivity in words use by other and apply them as an universal rule and apply finalism to materiality. That's Ni-Fe.
On the contrary, I think, INFP tests experimentally what the others says to them, that's Ne-Si and if it appears its not true to them, they fill it or not in their Fi.

But, there is a but! The nature of INFP shadow the ESTJ is also pretty stubborn. Since Te is the four of the stack, we can be deadly stubborn, if you dig. At least I can be aha
Such an excellent explanation, I never looked at the big five next to MBTI. The big five is very scientific. MBTI I look at more... esoteric. I know MBTI is not sci-fi, it's just that is somewhat loose, that people can easily lie and get weird results. But with the big five you get precise results. And unlike MBTI, it is used scientifically and is recognized as legit by most psychologists and sociologists.
I'm INFJ, but let's not focus on that, I'm interested in the J part. Definitely I need structure, plans, organization, follow through. I feel miserable if things are not solved or closed. I can't sleep, can't focus on anything except the task at hand.

I need to look a bit more into the big five. I did dabble with it in the past, got some results, was a mild conservative (as in, I scored somewhat high on all the values), I'm curious how much that is still there, it's been a few years. Big thanks for bringing the big five to my attention.

INFJs being "hard" (giggity) is probably and impression something gets by looking at a J following through. To follow through you need determination and direction. I can see how some answer a J would give would look rigid because it is very focused and doesn't allow for bending, because any bend is a distraction, which can get you lost in nonsense semantics, thus wasting your time with ideas that are not relevant to the task at hand.

infj doesn't feel soft and squishy to me. they feel like they want to make sure you are acting appropriately to others, being kind when you "should be" etc.
(i should say, i don't know a lot of infjs anymore tho and might be unnecessarily biassed)

infp feels soft and sweet to me and nice even when others don't expect it...sweet on their own without prodding and generally just super compassionate and loving.

also infps can be super blunt. for fun or for shock value because being inappropriate makes them happy. etc

being blunt isn't the antithesis to being soft tho imo

Considering function theory, Ne's a softer function than Ni since its focused on possibilities and Ni is focused on probabililties. Also, the tert plays a relief to the dominant function, role. If you consider logical assessment to be hard, then an INFJ's Ti tert analytics can come across as harder than an INFP's Si tert.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.