Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you say NT's are more likely to want to find out their type? Like any kind, MBTI, socionics and enneagram.
I ask because to me it seems like we would be more interested in it since we're all analytical and such.
Of course anyone on this forum is obviously interested, else they wouldn't be on this forum. Also I asked on the NT-part but I just didn't know where else to place this thread, so, sorry if it's wrong :proud:

Anyway, perhaps some of you have already given more thought to this or maybe you didn't but you still have an opinion. I'm just gonna leave it at this because I'm not exactly great at asking and describing and I suppose that's kind of not-weird for an INTP or it could be just me.. aagh nevermind :bored:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
For me, i'm first interested in typing myself, probably because INTP are often lost before finding that they're INTP.
Tests are first taken because of self-doubt and identity crisis.
Then we "wow" at the result because it's like government are spying on us.
Then we become obsessed to take other test to type us and find our own identity and keep "wow"

·
Registered
805 Posts
Lol I did. I also know my ENTP dad and a INFx friend who was/is obsessed with this. My experience, its more introverts, possibly also thinkers. Im xNTP and Im like obsessed. My dad calls me the psychologist of the family

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree, the analytical and introspective of NTs means we're very likely to be interested. I also find I tend to doubt my type if I find the slightest piece of information that doesn't add up, but I've been told that's an xNTP thing.

Reactions: Suzan

·
Registered
45 Posts
because it's more likely for us to want to know what's up with us? i mean growing up i feel very different and there has to be some ~logical~ explanation for it. most people i ask why they think i'm weird has terrible answers so i turn for MBTI and turns out this has the most plausible answer. so there. personal curiosity, identity crisis, and desire to fit is the why.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I agree, the analytical and introspective of NTs means we're very likely to be interested. I also find I tend to doubt my type if I find the slightest piece of information that doesn't add up, but I've been told that's an xNTP thing.
Yes that's total Ti.

·
Registered
559 Posts
N types in general of course, NFs maybe for slightly different reasons than NTs, but in general, both will nerd over it when they get such an accurate result.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts