Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an example of my strange, weird thoughts. Hehe.

I wonder a lot. I wonder far too much about the world and about human nature.

I've just been thinking today.. Are people more imaginative and idealist than what they show on surface reality?

People have different layers, right, it's not like all of them are confident enough to show who they really are.

I tend to not buy it when they act like they're everything rational, together, orderly and just that.

I mean, they must find some happiness, clarity, truth in the world of imagination as well. They just have to. It doesn't feel human not to!

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
I notice the logical orderly types are just that. They don't so much understand idealist talk or rationale & reject it.
I have gotten to know a few of those types of people. I lived with one for a few years.
They really do not think there is anything past the five senses nor do they want to contemplate about any ideal they may have randomly thought up. Whereas we Idealists like to delve into our dreamy surreal thoughts.

I think you're seeing the oneness of everyone, you're trying to sense you in others.
I think it's best to treat everybody how they are asking to be treated. Strict scientific thinkers want to be realized for their rational thinking and organization, not their intuitive side. If you go on to treat them as if they have an obvious intuitive side, they may not appreciate that.

Besides, people change over time. Sometimes change occurs in whiffs, not just all at once. (in response to the "layers")

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't try to over explore any intuitive/idealist side in them if they don't want intrusion..That's a whole different matter. I was just wondering about a somewhat perhaps unspoken side of human nature.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I've just been thinking today.. Are people more imaginative and idealist than what they show on surface reality?

People have different layers, right, it's not like all of them are confident enough to show who they really are.
This is exactly what I think. I actually go through life assuming that what people show is not exactly aligned to something inside of them.

I tend to not buy it when they act like they're everything rational, together, orderly and just that.

I mean, they must find some happiness, clarity, truth in the world of imagination as well. They just have to. It doesn't feel human not to!
Some people are different and some people appreciate different things and think in different ways. That's one of the more interesting things about Jungian theory, to me. It opened me up to many different perspectives and ways in which other people may view things. Throughout life, I constantly try to apply those to the actions I see in people. It's not that I think people should think the way I do, it's just that it's very interesting to know that some people think in a different way than I do and it's interesting to think about how they may view things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts