Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just watched a video in which men were made to wear some gear which stimulates child birth and muscle contraction that women have during labor. After watching this video i had some thoughts about pain and blah blah...
and i wanted to compare getting hit in testicles vs child birth ...
which made me have this question after realizing that child birth is painful as it lasts longer. the question is that do woman have pain during periods for them to prepare for child birth. During normal occasions when we get serious injury we get numb and our body shuts senses for that area. Periods are regular why doesn't the body do so for periods ...just make the blood ooze out without pain..

here is the video

(for those curious people who wonder what my gender is ...i am a male)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thats the best i could explain....

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I have no input for the subject, but...

Women really need to have a man flu simulator.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Period pains don't come in waves like labor pains. Also the "purpose" of those contractions are not to ooze the blood out, as it is with labor - to squeeze the baby :p
I had kidney stones that hurt more than my free pain medication natural birth

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Well the "why" of periods is the get rid of unneeded uterine lining (e.g. fetus food)...

Also I just read an article (although I can't find it now!) that says that women overall are more sensitive to pain, except that during childbirth, their pain sensitivity is reduced. So who knows if those childbirth simulators are accurate. I mean, obviously childbirth is very painful, but your body *is* trying to help you a little.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Well the "why" of periods is the get rid of unneeded uterine lining (e.g. fetus food)...

Also I just read an article (although I can't find it now!) that says that women overall are more sensitive to pain, except that during childbirth, their pain sensitivity is reduced. So who knows if those childbirth simulators are accurate. I mean, obviously childbirth is very painful, but your body *is* trying to help you a little.
The uterus lining is not fetus food
And the bleeding is due to fluctuation of hormones to keep it there.
I meant the pain is consequence. After birth, I had painless periods

Reactions: AppleJackzO

·
SAY MY NAME
8,470 Posts
I don't know what this has to do with INFJs

And I really don't get the point of building childbirth simulators for men. Is there some sort of pointless debate going on about "it's more painful to be a man!" "it's more painful to be a woman!"

How silly. Life itself is pain and suffering. It's not a race to see who has more!

Reactions: Llyralen

·
May Child
1,123 Posts
Okay so this is a thing, apparently.

Personally, I think periods are the devil. Maybe they are satan's way of training us for the skeleton war.

But seriously, childbirth really differs person to person. I'm not so sure they're a form of 'training'... though if they are, I'm not gaining anything from it but immobility and nausea, and as someone who isn't having kids, I feel a bit cheated.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
You know.... my mom used to say this same thing. As if the pain of a period was somehow a useful blessing.
Or she used to say, "Periods are necessary to have babies, honey..."
I'm not going to ever be grateful for a period. Period.

There's something about this idea... and this used to come from my MOM for sure, not my dad. But it somehow tries to back up the idea that life should be harder for women, that it's okay for women to deal with pain. I don't like that.

The whole contractions in testicals thing... also really weird. Not the same muscles, not the same function. If guys need to feel pain to have empathy, well... it seems like that doesn't work ever, does it? It's more like they would say, "Quit your bawling, I had X watt s of electricity going through my balls and you don't see me crying." Hurting a kid to make them know "How it feels," just doesn't work. I didn't watch the video, obviously, but I think there's a lot of faulty thought processes going on there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The uterus lining is not fetus food
And the bleeding is due to fluctuation of hormones to keep it there.
I meant the pain is consequence. After birth, I had painless periods
So you're saying I need to have a child?
K I'm off to find my future baby daddy.

5,146 Posts
Apparently most of women's suffering from stuff like periods and childbirth comes from human birth/pregnancy process being horribly badly evolved when compared to other mammals.

I guess any culture that believes in creator deity and is pastoral quickly observes it and comes to conclusion that said deity has to hate women's guts.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I dunno & i didnt watch the video, but ive had gas pains that were worse then any period ive ever had. So im sure guys can relate! :p I cant comment on regular childbirth. ..i had a c section with lots of pain medication.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
I've seen that video in the past.

It would be nice if it was training for something lol. But pain as a whole, is apart of the human experience of course so in that way, I do think it has the potential to teach us something (maybe on how to transcend pain through various means). I also very much agree with this statement:

"Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional."

There are different ways of coping with pain that eases suffering of course. And look at this. These people claim that birthing a child can even be orgasmic lol: https://www.orgasmicbirth.com/

I've never birthed a child before so I can't comment on that. But as far as period pain goes, the severity of my period cramps is directly related to my diet (what I eat and how healthfully). The pain at its worst, with no pain killers and eating crap is a 10 for me personally (though I'd say I probably have a low pain tolerance...at least to that type of pain). It's overwhelming for me. When healthy and normal, the cramps are more annoying than painful (sort of like constipation cramps or even a headache) and more like a 2 or a 3 (on a scale of 1-10 with 10 be the most painful - if that wasn't obvious).

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I don't even get period pain (waaah, stop throwing things at me ladies! :( )

The point of pain is to enforce physical caution to prevent an injury from getting worse, or in the case of birth, to make the woman want that damn thing out of her I guess, LOLOL.

So by that measure I definitely think women should get time off work/school/chores during their periods, teee heee heeeeeeee.

Sometimes on like the second day of it, I'll occasionally get this shooting cramp pain in my V, and I hate that. But since it's so temporary I don't really count that as suffering. My period is really only 3 days of annoyance, and I'm not particularly regular so I get extra weeks in between them... yey me.

I'm so glad you asked this question. Guys in general should talk about women's periods all the time, just for the opportunity to listen to us. Now go get the chocolate. Also I like the expensive tampons with the purple scrollwork, and it sounds stupid but they really make me feel better. I also want pizza... go fetch :D

Reactions: FePa
1 - 16 of 16 Posts