Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Generally speaking, yes, they probably are. Obviously no studies have been done, but I assume the average sensor spends more money on clothes, more time getting ready, and more time at the gym than the average intuitive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yes, in my case (wouldn't it be strange if performers always looking lousy?) and my ISFP friend. Not sure about Si. I have a close ISTJ friend, she actually enjoys herself looking beautiful, but she does not enjoy shopping. She said she does not know what to pick. She subscribed to a website and has picked clothing sent to her monthly. She enjoys trying them on at home and thinks through what to go with them and so on.

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
It's something that comes naturally to them as they are attuned to the aesthetics of things. I don't necessarily dress well (I prefer comfort), but I do know how to mix and match clothing according to colors and patterns. Sometimes the old with the new. I make up my own way of dressing.

Reactions: Hexcoder

·
Banned
1,296 Posts
Probably - maybe it explains why I'm fine with outlet shopping without the luxury of changerooms, nitpicky about what clothes (more specifically tops) I buy and will suit me, can tell in a flash when it's that time again that I've put on a pound or two of water weight, very aware at how badly I generally photograph, somewhat finicky about my (changeable) body proportions and appearance, etc :p

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm a painfully image conscious INFP. I just think I'm less likely to do something about it than a S type might, mostly because I lack motivation, but not because I don't care.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Well "generally speaking", I struggle with image--I really don't care. I've been getting a lot of flack at work recently about how "it doesn't look good to..."blah blah, and I just think these people have no sense of proportion. I'm speaking in the sense of actions and attitudes here.

However, I do get it that presentation counts. I'm an artist, my aesthetic sense is strong. I would have said physical image was the one aspect I actually do understand and can use effectively. I resent having to go all-out every single day, but I recognize its power.

If for some reason you can't see from the signature, I'm an ENTP.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I don't get why people think that,both N's and S's can wanna look good to others,it has nothing to do with N and S
Because they are the only two letters in the personality type code.

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
It doesn't really matter actually. Attractiveness is very subjective. I had once felt a strange attraction for a pianist who acts like a drunken sot with a bathing rob. It's the attitude of the wearer that makes the fashion.

Reactions: Hexcoder

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
I'm most likely an S type and I obsess over my physical appearance constantly :/

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
An an Intuition type, I'm considerably more well aware of the astral image that I project when casting a spell, than I am of the normal mundie shite that you SENSATION types are capable.

#Awakened4lyfe #Chummerzplz #Intheshadows #StreetSamsgo

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
If I did obsess, I would be in much better shape. Heidi Klum comes to mind. 39 and the body of 20 years old, but that is what is expected from her, and part of her job. I do not think is good to generalize like this. Some people are more image conscious than others, sensors or not. I mean, I am surrounded with sensors who do not care about their appearance. One is totally I do not care if appear as a slob. INFP by the way. INFPs are lovers of beauty, but they see beauty in things that provide meaning that is beautiful. No meaning - no beauty. Extremely personal experience of it.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
My ISFJ mother doesn't allow me outside without make up, she finds 'look good and feel good' one of the most important things and is surprised she doesn't care as much as I do.
I think Si+Fe are a good combination since Fe wants to appear 'good' to please others and make them comfortable and Si wants the body to feel right so looks and appearances can help that.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
An an Intuition type, I'm considerably more well aware of the astral image that I project when casting a spell, than I am of the normal mundie shite that you SENSATION types are capable.

#Awakened4lyfe #Chummerzplz #Intheshadows #StreetSamsgo
Good to know there are some modest people reading.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
I try not to pay too much attention to how I look as it leads to being narcissistic and just too obsessed with my looks; however, I also consider it a priority to try to look as good as possible? Lately I've been letting things go a bit; when I'm closer to my ideal physical form I will probably concentrate it more, but at this point I'll just become depressed if I think about it too much.

I don't consider it exactly a bad thing. It's like...I love beauty and I want to contribute as much beauty as possible into the world, and I believe that if my mind and spirit are beautiful, the physical beauty will follow. I kind-of relate to this excerpt from a poem by Yeats (I'm sure it's supposed to be at least partially satirical but the fact remains)

IF I make the lashes dark
And the eyes more bright
And the lips more scarlet,
Or ask if all be right
From mirror after mirror,
No vanity's displayed:
I'm looking for the face I had
Before the world was made.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts