Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,889 Posts
I think INTPs tend not to flirt because they don't let people in unless they are interested in them, so if he is actively engaging with you, it's because he finds you interesting.

On the other hand, a lot of people who think they are INTPs are actually ENTPs because they don't properly understand introversion vs extroversion and ENTPs tend to be socially "ambiverted," so they can go either way. Their functions are the same, just in a different order (ENTP = Ne-Ti-Fe-Si whereas INTP = Ti-Ne-Si-Fe). Just saying it is a possibility.

I'd be wary of workplace romances, though. They can get dicey if things do not work out.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,547 Posts
I think INTPs tend not to flirt because they don't let people in unless they are interested in them, so if he is actively engaging with you, it's because he finds you interesting.

On the other hand, a lot of people who think they are INTPs are actually ENTPs because they don't properly understand introversion vs extroversion and ENTPs tend to be socially "ambiverted," so they can go either way. Their functions are the same, just in a different order (ENTP = Ne-Ti-Fe-Si whereas INTP = Ti-Ne-Si-Fe). Just saying it is a possibility.

I'd be wary of workplace romances, though. They can get dicey if things do not work out.
Sometimes I wonder how many of these INFJ-INTP relationship threads are actually about INFJ-ENTP relationships. The latter seems like a compatible pair, the first not very much IMO. At least for romance, I can't see INTP-INFJ as ideal.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,889 Posts
Sometimes I wonder how many of these INFJ-INTP relationship threads are actually about INFJ-ENTP relationships. The latter seems like a compatible pair, the first not very much IMO. At least for romance, I can't see INTP-INFJ as ideal.
Well, like I said, the INTP and ENTP types have the same functions, just in a different order, and there are a lot of ENTPs who turn out to be socially introverted to a certain degree, and they confuse this with where they tend to get their energy. ENTPs like bouncing their ideas off other people, but it does not mean they are necessarily social.

INTPs do NOT like bouncing their ideas off other people so much and they are also not very social either. They like working things out on their own, tend to believe they are the best person to decide things for themselves, and they are very territorial about their personal space. They usually let people in extremely cautiously and tentatively, but if they deem you worthy, you are "in like flynn" as long as you respect their boundaries.

Reactions: Aiwass

·
Registered
INTP
4,227 Posts
I think the "talk to me if you're lonely" was just directness and kindness (and also I think he does like you). The "waiting all day" is teasing, and also possibly true. Asking about your faves and birthday, okay, he likes you, as a friend or possibly more. I wouldn't call any of that flirting, but maybe you would.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Well I used to test INTP, and I could be naturally flirty. My problem I had when I was younger was taking the next step when they flirted back. That did not come natural to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts