Personality Cafe banner

What the topic title says.

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I worded the question badly. What I mean is Jamie Lynn Spears of Zoey 101 for example. Did she have the "right" to get pregnant at 16, and tell everybody how amazing and fun it is? Or, was she morally obliged to be an example of the popular opinion's good girl, (even if it meant lying about the difficulty of raising a child)?

I believe stars should do whatever they want, if it doesn't directly hurt someone. "Right" or "wrong" decisions made by someone in the media are influences, which is the job of guardians, and anyone who can think rationally, to control. I don't care if she makes teenagers start pregnancy pacts; it's their own fault 9 times out of 10. My opinion is that it's perfectly fine for her to have a baby since she's, frankly, fucking rich. Most teenage moms today need a job, home, help, education, time, all of that. Jamie Lynn can just buy a nanny whenever she's tired of the crying and poop. All that matters to me is that the baby can be "properly" taken care of.

I really have no concrete reason for supporting my stance, as this stems purely from my belief in an individual freedom. I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks, and if the answers will correlate to personalities. Feel free to post your guesses about them.

I put this in polls instead of debates, since I figured polls would have a wider audience, and I'm more interested in the results.

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
Personally, I don't relate to the idea of having role models...If I liked a celebrity and they screwed up, it was a reminder that they were human--just like me. My parents didn't try to shield me from those things because "that's how life is" (like it or not).

Which leads to my answer of no; people will be people and shouldn't be expected to live a perfect life.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The fact that everyone expects celebrities to be perfect is absolute ...
NO ONE is perfect, not even celebrities.
It makes me so angry that people expect celebrities to be perfect. Like if a particular celebrity gets cellulite, it's 'Oh my word! It's such a big deal!'
But one thing I don't understand with celebrities is their need to be promiscuous when it comes to the clothes they wear...
That I don't understand. And then people wonder why there are idiots going around dressing just like these celebrities!
Ok, I'm back from my rant...I'm ok now! :happy:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think there's definitely a certain degree to which celebrities should be expected to uphold some kind of standard... just as anyone who interacts with kids on a regular basis should be.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I think it's wrong to put all the weight on the teen celebrities (though they certainly play their part). A while ago I remember everyone got mad at Miley Cyrus for photos, but Vanity Fair had no problem publishing them. Also, most of the slutty outfits and dance moves they use during performances are directed to them by grown adults. The worst part is that these adults are using underage teens to basically sell sex to children; just so they can make some profit (a substantial profit mind you). If people should be mad at anybody, it should be the greedy owners of the companies that exploit these kids; and they shouldn't be mad, they should be furious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts