Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the last couple of years I've noticed that some of the kids born in the late 90s to early 00s seem to look up to me and see me as a role model and since i'm the oldest member of Gen Z it's kinda of fitting. But anyway what do you guys think?

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
I don't care what the fuck people think of my age or if I'm an "elder" in my generation.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
For the last couple of years I've noticed that some of the kids born in the late 90s to early 00s seem to look up to me and see me as a role model and since i'm the oldest member of Gen Z it's kinda of fitting. But anyway what do you guys think?
That makes a lot of sense.

Personally I'm pretty cool with older Gen Zers (mid-late 90's babies and a few early 00's babies). But idk I think I would have more in common with someone born in 92/93 rather than 99/00.

I seem to relate better with the first group when it comes to how we grew up as kids and teens (for instance kids still playing outside, technology not controlling our childhoods, getting flip phones or brick phones as our first cell phones in middle school or even well into high school, stuff like that).

It seems like when I share these experiences with friends born in 98 and after they seem to look at me weird like if I'm old or something. A lot of them got cell phones when they were only in elementary school and the ones that got them in middle school were getting iPhones as their first phones. Also a lot of them can only vaguely remember the early 00's so talking to them about things I grew up with like The Backstreet Boys, MTV actually being good(remember TLC), CDs, those late 90's/early 00's iMacs, Hit Clips, pagers, dial up, Pokemon cards, Saturday Morning Cartoon blocks like Abc One Saturday Morning, Powerhouse Era Cartoon Network, Furbys, and Bop Its; just to name a few, they either only vaguely remember or do not remember at all(which is ironic because a lot of these kids claim to be 90's kids but they do not really remember the early 00's that well either). Meanwhile I could talk to someone born in 97' and before about these things all day and they could relate as they remember very well.

Plus currently someone born in 1992/1993 is most likely working, going to school, driving, going to clubs etc. and I am in that age range to be able to most of those things as well.

1999/2000 kids are still in high school, going through puberty and atleast in most states are still too young to drive or get a license.

Maybe in like 3-4 years I would be able to relate better with very late 90's and 00's babies better, heck by then I actually might relate to the Gen Z label a little better since the bulk of the generation wouldn't be very young anymore.

However culturally I personally have more in common with early 90's babies than early 00's babies and I think it's probably going to stay that way for a while.

But hey that's just me

Those are the perks of being the eldest (or in some definitions the youngest)

·
Registered
4w5
1,535 Posts
This is the first time I clicked the generation thread I think. I honestly don't understand why anyone would admire, like or dislike someone based on what year they were born. I am a 1996 and people in my school claim they are all lazy. Also, everybody born in 2000 and later are hated on by those who are older. I am indifferent to all of this, and I think the impression and opinions of the generations are different in every social environment.

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
I mean I'm older than the young Gen Z-ers. *Shrugs*

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
You guys are not elders, shut up.

Seriously though OMG.

Lorde is your elder.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
That's awfully harsh, coming from an ISFP. :p
Prolly bc I am so firmly tongue in cheek. I love people who say things like "you are so effortlessly funny"... you might want to imagine the cat in the pictures saying whatever I say. Or Divine with the toss of a hand "oh shut up, mother fucker."

I am so relieved my nephew understood this at age 12. But internet and text are mysterious.

I found by high school it was beneficial to assume people were fucking with me, which is why I had an early love of Chekov. My grandfather was like that, so this is the humor I was surrounded with from birth.

I practice my novel writing skills here. You're all just victims!

·
Registered
720 Posts
eh to me I am indiffrent to lorde and she seems to be a great person . I mean listen to these lyrics :

"yayaya....I AM LORDE....YAYAYA ...... FEELING GOOD ON A THURSDAY...oh..oooh"

·
Registered
664 Posts
People look up to us? That's news to me! I always feel really weird around Gen Zers usually. Most of my friends nowadays are 25-40, but I go to community college cause it's cheaper.

My 20th birthday is in six days... ugh.

·
Warden-Commander
24,113 Posts
People look up to us? That's news to me! I always feel really weird around Gen Zers usually. Most of my friends nowadays are 25-40, but I go to community college cause it's cheaper.

My 20th birthday is in six days... ugh.

Happy birthday, then, though it seems like you don't really appreciate it. Mine's in 51 days, June 29th, turning 20 too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Those young people and their mysterious ways. I turn 20 in 3 months so I'm practically a geriatric.

If I am at all influencing younger kids of Gen Z then a lot of parents everywhere should be very very concerned.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Same I honestly cannot stand here. If shes supposed to be the "Kurt Cobain" of Gen Z or whatever then I am already terrified for the future of music...
Ffs dont bring that same old bs about "the future of music" or "our generation" into this. Everyones heard it, youre not original, and the message was irrelevant since the first time someone put it out there. This isnt the youtube comments section of a nicki minaj song :th_wink:.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts