Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past 9 or so months, I've become more and more dark. I guess it's because I'm angry with humanity. I'm sick and tired of stupidity, which sums up humans perfectly. There are people out there that I want to die a horrible and painful death, and others to just die pain free.

I'll add more soon, I have to go now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My recent struggles with depression have made me a bit 'darker'; although, I couldn't say if this is 'who I've become', or if it's 'where I am now'.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Over the past 9 or so months, I've become more and more dark. I guess it's because I'm angry with humanity. I'm sick and tired of stupidity, which sums up humans perfectly. There are people out there that I want to die a horrible and painful death, and others to just die pain free.

It's only normal. Humans aren't all angels and you don't have to like them all. For some reason many people just don't get it.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Well, I think I'm a little bit complicated when it comes to this.

In other people, I usually only see the good. I rarely ever see someone who I think deserves anything bad, and I can usually forgive anyone for just about anything.

However, in my attitude to myself, I am dark. I don't like myself (in fact I pretty much hate myself). I consider myself a stupid, useless, and terrible person.

I doubt my life would be any better if those attitudes were switched.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I consider myself to have a darker edge, but I don't define someone as dark because they are jaded or simply because they are into kinky things like BDSM and alike.

To me, darker people are empowered by the plains they are willing to traverse that others refuse to accept or feel guilty doing so. It's all about drawing energy from unlikely sources (to most) and having certain (dis)advantages because of it. To me, this doesn't necessarily make them inherently bad and is similar to the difference between introverts and extroverts in terms of energy sources.

All in all, I wish there were more darker INFJ's here as it would really spruce things up.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Depression can often bring out the darker and cynical side to me too.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Let's just say I need a little destruction to balance out the positive things I do. I am all about balance. I have a very create and destroy way about me. Most people never see or notice it. It amazes me how oblivious people seem. I could commit murder without anyone noticing. All you have to do is create a positive perception of yourself on to others and they won't ever allow themselves to believe you were capable of such an act. If you never say or do anything negative in front of people what is to make them think you would in private. Of course a clever mind would at least be curious but probably not interested enough to find out unless provoked. So when it comes to being dark maybe I am, but I promise I could justify my behavior to a court of law.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

Before judging people, ask yourself whether or not you live up to the standard you hold others to. Also ask whether or not you'd act differently, if you were placed in their shoes.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Holding onto anger like that is like drinking poison and expecting everyone else to die. It's a complete waste of energy unless you're actually planning on killing the people (which I obviously don't suggest). It's good to find a healthy outlet where you can release that and overcome the darkness with the light inside of you. You will never overcome darkness with more darkness. If humans are stupid then you are stupid too. Would you forgive yourself for doing something stupid or would you want to kill yourself? If given the right circumstance, all of us are capable of great acts of stupidity.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aww hugs. Have you considered you might be depressed?
I don't get depressed like other people, mainly because, if I want to feel depressed, I will have to force myself to become depressed. And I haven't made myself depressed in a long while.

My recent struggles with depression have made me a bit 'darker'; although, I couldn't say if this is 'who I've become', or if it's 'where I am now'.
I don't get depressed, so that's not the issue.

It's just a consequence of the world we live in, I feel like that at times, but not all the time
Well, yeah. It really rustles up some jimmies when individuals make humanity look bad.

It's only normal. Humans aren't all angels and you don't have to like them all. For some reason many people just don't get it.
Well I'm glad you do.

Well, I think I'm a little bit complicated when it comes to this.

In other people, I usually only see the good. I rarely ever see someone who I think deserves anything bad, and I can usually forgive anyone for just about anything.

However, in my attitude to myself, I am dark. I don't like myself (in fact I pretty much hate myself). I consider myself a stupid, useless, and terrible person.

I doubt my life would be any better if those attitudes were switched.
I used to be the same way, I would see people's dim lights within their darkness and point it out. But then you begin to realize that people don't deserve anything more than a harsh treatment, be it a swift kick in the nuts or death, depending on the person, their history, and what they've done.

Depression can often bring out the darker and cynical side to me too.
Not depressed, but it often does so in others as well.

Let's just say I need a little destruction to balance out the positive things I do. I am all about balance. I have a very create and destroy way about me. Most people never see or notice it. It amazes me how oblivious people seem. I could commit murder without anyone noticing. All you have to do is create a positive perception of yourself on to others and they won't ever allow themselves to believe you were capable of such an act. If you never say or do anything negative in front of people what is to make them think you would in private. Of course a clever mind would at least be curious but probably not interested enough to find out unless provoked. So when it comes to being dark maybe I am, but I promise I could justify my behavior to a court of law.
A few people see me being a murderer and a pedophile, all because of the jokes I make. If I were to kill someone, I would try my hardest to make it so that nobody knew, and if I were caught, they probably wouldn't see my reason as good enough, unless I was in Florida.

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
I used to be the same way, I would see people's dim lights within their darkness and point it out. But then you begin to realize that people don't deserve anything more than a harsh treatment, be it a swift kick in the nuts or death, depending on the person, their history, and what they've done.
You seem like an incredibly bitter misanthrope to be honest.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just because you feel like you can't see the good in the world doesn't mean its not there. Let me guess, all the news reports of bombings and murders and teen drinking and driving is part of what makes you have such distaste for your fellow humans. You realize you are part of humanity right? The media drops all these negative stories because unfortunately they believe that controversy and terror sell better than hopeful and uplifting stories, not that they don't show them from time to time, but being bombarded with so much negativity will turn people, especially INFJ's into angry skeptical defensive snarkers who just give up on the world. It is up to you, but I guarantee that if you try looking for positive things in the world you will find it. Ranging from two people laughing together, friends? lovers? Or Someone venting to someone else and feeling better about it, donations to charity, the good cops and firefighters and relief workers that go to haiti and other places where help is needed. Reality isn't this dark and gritty hopeless shithole that many popular movies would have you believe, while sure, a part of reality is dark and gritty, the other parts are hopeful and optimistic. Action and reaction. You can't have one without the other.

Ultimately it is your choice, either keep on sulking and putting a wall up between you and the world, or make the choice to actually see the good and happiness in the world, and see the people trying to do good, and maybe give yourself a little more hope to keep going on.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I tend to be pretty cynical at certain times. I get tired of life, like "whats the point" attitude. So i can definitely relate to this, i also get pretty critical of others and/or snappy. I dont like myself when im like this, but i feel like i just have a bitterness and an anger inside me sometimes that really sucks, because i am generally a nice caring sensitive person.

·
Registered
979 Posts
only my whole life. but it doesnt change the fact that im a blind optimist. until someone reminds me with a nice gesture of selfishness. then i forget it, love everyone again and.. oh well, thats my life!

and you know what? i dont even blame them for it. i can see they do all that crap just cause my country sucks so bad. and becaue they are, surprice surprice, so stupid.

Reactions: Kizuna

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I was very very very dark, like really deep darkness in my teenages years and it was almot because I was tired of everything and basically wanted to be dead. Seriously. Now everything changed, like a lot. I'm very optimist, I don't feel like this since I'm 19 or something. But I really believe INFJ's can be very dark.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I certainly feel like I have a darker side to myself. As @seqway92 said, everyone needs to have some balance. Given our sensitivity and depth of thinking, it's intuitive that whilst we are capable of great kindness, we are also capable of cruelty and manipulation. Personally I feel so intensely aware of everything around me, it's a pull between inspiration and isolation. Sometimes that feeling of isolation overwhelms everything else, and I fall into 'dark thoughts' like sadness and despair. We think and feel so much, it makes sense we're capable of deep darkness.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Oh yeah, I can definitely be pretty dark; I often half-jokingly refer to myself as a jaded, cynical bastard. I'm more than willing to manipulate others to achieve a goal that I believe affects the world in a positive way (after all, I'm not an evil person, just jaded). It seems like humanity, when taken as a whole, is comprised of people determined to exhibit the greatest degree of douchebaggery possible, and, to be blunt, it really pisses me off. It seems like far too few even make an attempt to hold themselves to any kind of standard or to do something simply because it would be a nice thing to do.

But... I realize that if I spend too much time dwelling on it, I become a fairly unpleasant person, and risk joining the ranks of those whom I despise. As @Vivid Melody pointed out, internalizing all that negativity rarely results in anything positive. My rule, then, is to give everyone a fair chance. If they attempt to behave like a pleasant human being, I try to treat them with nothing but kindness and respect. Similarly, if a person who has been a douchebag in the past acknowledges and apologizes for their poor behavior, I think they deserve to be forgiven. I suppose, then, that I just try to return the sort of behavior people display. I'm sure that it makes me appear cold or cruel sometimes, but I don't really care.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts