Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope there are some godly men left. I've noticed a big difference in couples that are about church and couples that aren't. I'm looking for someone who would want to already go to church so I don't have to drag him there.

Seems like nowadays I'm just meeting men that mainly want to hook up, other than my college hottie who is the exception.

With women who condone sleeping around and enabling men sleeping around, it's hard to find a guy who can hang out and not hook up at all.

And not saying they are friendzoned.

I like to hang out and go out on dates without expecting to hook up right away.

I have to be attracted to and like the person.

All these threads talking about sex but none talking about God and faith.

Who still believes?

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And if you don't believe and aren't a godly man who can't hang out with someone you want to date without hooking up, this thread isn't for you.

Not looking to talk to people who can't keep it in their pants.

·
Banned
5,815 Posts
Yeah, there are a few on this site, but can't say how many are especially active on the S&R board.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Religious person is condescending towards non-religious people; religious person gets negative feedback; religious person feels unjustly targeted. And again, and again, and again...

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
And if you don't believe and aren't a godly man who can't hang out with someone you want to date without hooking up, this thread isn't for you.

Not looking to talk to people who can't keep it in their pants.
I truly believe that even Christians and other "genuinely" religious people themselves would be embarrassed for you. Try and understand your real motives behind your actions and work from there.

You are a joke

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah, @daydr3am, that is true, I just realized that. I just automatically posted here because this is also the relationships section. hope they'll make a section relationships without sex, that'll definitely weed out half the people.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Probably not the best board for finding lots of discussion on religion. Especially lately there's been a lot of more frivolous threads like "name your vagina." That doesn't mean there's no one faithful here, just other topics. And this website is used by anyone interested in personality type, so there's probably representatives of several religions here.

I'm Christian, regularly attend church. No virgin but I don't really sleep around either. Currently single, happy with casually dating and meeting new people, but my ultimate goal is definitely marriage.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's really sad though just by this board alone how many people can't last with someone without having sex. Sad at this rating as well.

If some of ya'll went to church, you'd see how much would change in your relationships with men and other people.
It wouldn't be so negative. Shame.

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's really sad though just by this board alone how many people can't last with someone without having sex. Sad at this rating as well.

If some of ya'll went to church, you'd see how much would change in your relationships with men and other people.
It wouldn't be so negative. Shame.
You can't expect people who believe other things to have the same relationship values, relationship goals, etc as you. And just by walking in a church will change nothing...that takes a change in the heart. That said there were a couple kinda harsh comments. You only posted what your values are were looking for a few like-minded people. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can't expect people who believe other things to have the same relationship values, relationship goals, etc as you. And just by walking in a church will change nothing...that takes a change in the heart. That said there were a couple kinda harsh comments. You only posted what your values are were looking for a few like-minded people. Nothing wrong with that.
Thanks for understanding, @desertlynx. I didn't think I said anything out of line either and yet some how some people were offended, anyway. I think some people have really thin skin. I call a spade a spade. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it is a duck -- so I'm not sure why people get offended when I actually call them what they are.

Most of the people I'm friends with are very active at church. They are leaders of youth groups and they organize church events.

And I was in one of the Corps programs as well for 3 years. I also serve every Sunday, too for one of the activities I signed up for. We don't just go to church. I like I don't have to tell my friends or someone I want to see to go to church. They should want to do it on their own. I see one of my godly friends happily married -- both her and her husband believe. Another friend of mine -- he believes in God, but I don't think his wife does and they have a rocky marriage (and that's something I don't want.)

Both people have to believe and take part.

Reactions: Another Lost Cause

·
Registered
364 Posts
And I was in one of the Corps programs as well for 3 years. I also serve every Sunday, too for one of the activities I signed up for. We don't just go to church. I like I don't have to tell my friends or someone I want to see to go to church. They should want to do it on their own. I see one of my godly friends happily married -- both her and her husband believe. Another friend of mine -- he believes in God, but I don't think his wife does and they have a rocky marriage (and that's something I don't want.)

Both people have to believe and take part.
It's best to find someone with similar beliefs and similar life goals. I think that's good advice for anyone. Otherwise you're going to have fights that are really tough to reconcile.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
I hope there are some godly men left. I've noticed a big difference in couples that are about church and couples that aren't. I'm looking for someone who would want to already go to church so I don't have to drag him there.

Seems like nowadays I'm just meeting men that mainly want to hook up, other than my college hottie who is the exception.

With women who condone sleeping around and enabling men sleeping around, it's hard to find a guy who can hang out and not hook up at all.

And not saying they are friendzoned.

I like to hang out and go out on dates without expecting to hook up right away.

I have to be attracted to and like the person.

All these threads talking about sex but none talking about God and faith.

Who still believes?
Pro tip:
1) Many of said devout men are taken. St. Paul wrote on this, you know. ("Let them marry, it is no sin; for it is better to marry than to burn { with passion }. But such would have troubles in the world, and I would spare you that. "
He goes on to talk about once one is married, one's devotion is split between one's spouse, and God.

2) You mentioned elsewhere in this thread "you really have to like the guy first." How do *you* distinguish between doing that and "leading him on" ; how do you screen for guys who will string _you_ along hoping to get down your pants (some of the PUA sites refer to Church as "Sunday morning nightclub" and speak of how easy it is to lay church girls, since the relatively few men they see in church, have had the masculinity socialized out of them...)

Reactions: theflame

·
Registered
364 Posts
Pro tip: (some of the PUA sites refer to Church as "Sunday morning nightclub" and speak of how easy it is to lay church girls, since the relatively few men they see in church, have had the masculinity socialized out of them...)
Seriously? Hahaha!

1 - 20 of 239 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.