Personality Cafe banner

Ate there other ENFPs in your family?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other ENFPs in your family? Does the NF personality ‘core’ seem to run in your DNA?

Or rather, have you always been a unique, misunderstood, Lone (ENFP) Ranger in your household, enjoying the benefits of the zany Ne-Fi combo all by yourself?

Let it all out of your chest here, among your fellow misunderstood, zany type mates!

(In other words, please please please explain your poll choice below) :wink: I’ll post my own results later.

This was inspired by @MusicBird's thread. Don't forget to drop by!

EDIT: Whoops! There's a typo on my poll title!! It should be "Are", not "Ate". Sorry!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I feel like one of my younger cousins might be an NF, and I think another cousin of mine said he tested ENFJ, but I see a lot of SJs, SPs, and a couple of NTs in my family. They've never understood why I can't be more like them, and I've never understood why I am so different from them. I would love to sit down and test my family members/work out their MBTI, though. It'd be nice to be able to understand where they're coming from. :)

Reactions: TheWildOne

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
Yep! I have an ENFP cousin. We're near identical except she's black (due to her African-Jamaican dad) so it completely trips people out. I am European white and can't even tan and she has this gorgeous chocolate skin that makes us all jealous, but part from that we look and sound a lot alike.
I also have an ENFP aunt related through marriage to one of my INFJ uncles.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
Nope. I live in SJ land. I'm also the only NF in all of the family that I know about.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I'm the only NF in my family and there are very few Ns in general. My dad is INTP with suppressed Ne thanks to being raised by an ESTJ and ISTJ and marrying a dominating ISFJ. While I am the only one who really understands my dad's creative side, he always defers to my mother who is stuck in a Si-Ti loop. So it often feels like I'm all alone. It's also kind of awkward to have a favorite parent. I'm not supposed to but my mom clearly favors my ESFJ brother so it's not as bad as it could be.

One of my cousins is INFJ but I'd be willing to bet she's the only N in my extended family. In fact, she's the weird one; I'm pretty sure both her parents and most of her siblings are ESTP.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm in a family of four. ESTJ mum and INFP dad. Not sure what my younger brother is but we've never gotten along wonderfully. Possibly ESTP, but I haven't settled on it yet.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I'm one out of 4 children in my family. I am the only ENFP in my family. I am also the only NF. There is only one other F in my family- my sister and she is an ISFJ.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish there were ENFPs in my family.. Then I might have someone to talk to.
That's so sad! I feel for you, buddy. Good thing you have us here in PerC.:

Yep! I have an ENFP cousin. We're near identical except she's black (due to her African-Jamaican dad) so it completely trips people out. I am European white and can't even tan and she has this gorgeous chocolate skin that makes us all jealous, but part from that we look and sound a lot alike.
Funny! I'd love to see the two of you together.

Can I be the Latino, mocaccino-skin long lost cousin? ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts