Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now and then, I meet people who don't seem to "click" at all. They tend to be really outspoken, assertive, judgmental characters whom I'm not sure the type of.

Have any of you had experiences like this?

Have you had experiences with certain types who disliked you?

Are there any personality types that don't work well with ENFP?

Thanks!

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
Not with ENFPs in general, but some of them annoy me. Only the minority though, in general i find them really awesome :)
the ones i dont like are some of the unhealthy ones. Manipulators and drama queens type of ENFPs.
I hate those types of ENFPs too... unfortunately they're all too common and give us a bad name. -_-

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think it's the newly blossoming ENFPmates. The level of immaturity has yet to be dampened by the true Ne, which is unavoidable until you reach the decline in mental development, ya know?

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Hi Swordsman! Long time no see! :D
Are those types from experience or research? Very good to know, though. Thank you!
experience with a bit of informal research and an understanding of how various functions clash with each other (Fi clashes noticeably with both Ti and Fe)

Reactions: Ahiko

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it's the newly blossoming ENFPmates. The level of immaturity has yet to be dampened by the true Ne, which is unavoidable until you reach the decline in mental development, ya know?
What if you're in your mid-20s? :p I'm sure the immaturity should be mostly grown out of by now!

I tend to have this problem with girls. It's a weird vibe. You feel as if they just don't like you or aren't "impressed" by you per se, even though you're just being your normal friendly self.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
What if you're in your mid-20s? :p I'm sure the immaturity should be mostly grown out of by now!
I tend to have this problem with girls. It's a weird vibe. You feel as if they just don't like you or aren't "impressed" by you per se, even though you're just being your normal friendly self.
that's your core 2w3 coming out. I find genuine displays of dislike refreshing (given they are polite in nature)

·
Registered
9,800 Posts

It could be a woman thing. Ever heard of the quote " Women understand women, that is why they hate each other ". Personally i don't click with the majority of women. Leading Ti or Fe users don't necessarily click with me with, we butt heads constantly.

·
Registered
317 Posts
ESTJs rarely like me and I also rarely like them. Actually replace "like" with "tolerate". We clash. I avoid them at work, the only place we are forced to interact. None are in my family...

ESTPs seem to avoid me and I avoid them though I have one really good ESTP girl friend. My brother in law and I can tolerate each other as well as my fiances sister. Though we would not choose to hang out together by our own will. I like Se stuff so we can usually find some kind of common, temporary, interest. With my friend, we have many interests and attitudes the same so it works, though we disliked each other for quite a stretch in the past.

SFJs are a grey area. I get along fantastic with my family that are but I have never been close to any by choice.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It could be a woman thing. Ever heard of the quote " Women understand women, that is why they hate each other ". Personally i don't click with the majority of women. Leading Ti or Fe users don't necessarily click with me with, we butt heads constantly.
I click better with guys cuz I grew up as one of the boys. Sometimes I feel like women see me as a threat or just think I'm an idiot cuz I act childish sometimes. x_x~ But the clashing of ideals is what really kills it. It's like every word we say rubs each other the wrong way. I think it might just be better to avoid it all together, but I feel like it would make me look "weak" around such a strong personality. :[

ESTJs rarely like me and I also rarely like them. Actually replace "like" with "tolerate". We clash. I avoid them at work, the only place we are forced to interact. None are in my family...

ESTPs seem to avoid me and I avoid them though I have one really good ESTP girl friend. My brother in law and I can tolerate each other as well as my fiances sister. Though we would not choose to hang out together by our own will. I like Se stuff so we can usually find some kind of common, temporary, interest. With my friend, we have many interests and attitudes the same so it works, though we disliked each other for quite a stretch in the past.

SFJs are a grey area. I get along fantastic with my family that are but I have never been close to any by choice.
How interesting! It seems the context of their relationship to you plays a role too! :O I have a feeling it may be an ESTP character I'm having the most conflict with. I think an INTJ friend coined the term "primadonna" when I mentioned the type.

It's not often that I have to distance myself from people. I just feel very unwanted and judged and being around those people just makes me shut down and get very unhealthy. Like it's a toxic and suppressive environment for me. It's really scary and I've never experienced something like this before.

Loving all the insights so far! :)

·
Registered
884 Posts
ESTJ's and ISTJ's I find very hard to get along with. Mainly because I've had to work with many of them.

The ESTJs felt the urge to micromanage everything I did and the ISTJs usually were paranoid that I was going to take something away from them. They seemed to openly hate me, even though I was doing my best to be friendly and relaxed. (Although I think it was the 'friendly and relaxed' part they didn't like. )

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
usually: xSTPs
sometimes: INTP, xxFJs, ESTJs (ISTJs seem to like us)
That. I noticed when I was younger that ESFPs didn't like me much either. I think their patience for weirdness (and my ability to act "normal") increases with age. I think it was sort of a "it's embarrassing if I'm seen around someone who people think is weird" thing more than dislike on a personal level.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
That. I noticed when I was younger that ESFPs didn't like me much either. I think their patience for weirdness (and my ability to act "normal") increases with age. I think it was sort of a "it's embarrassing if I'm seen around someone who people think is weird" thing more than dislike on a personal level.
depends on the ESFP. an ESFP 7 is likely to not give a shit; an ESFP 6w7 or 3w2/2w3 might be a little more self conscious

·
Registered
930 Posts
ESTJ's and ISTJ's I find very hard to get along with. Mainly because I've had to work with many of them.

The ESTJs felt the urge to micromanage everything I did and the ISTJs usually were paranoid that I was going to take something away from them. They seemed to openly hate me, even though I was doing my best to be friendly and relaxed. (Although I think it was the 'friendly and relaxed' part they didn't like. )
The only guys who have actively disliked liked me tend to be STJ's for that reason. I think they misunderstand my laid back friendliness and occasional goofiness for unreliability or laziness :L

·
Registered
50 Posts
anyone who places a VERY strong importance on details (we are talking like administrative details) might have a problem with ENFPs. Some "S" people. In a work environment, I have experienced this. My boss does not dislike me, but you can tell these details that are SO MIND NUMBING to me are SO SO important to her and I'm always forgetting them. So that probably gets on her nerves. What can i say, not my strong point...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think I wear ESTPs out quite a bit without even trying. It's like we speak entirely different languages! It's not even that we necessarily agitate each other, we just have zero common ground. They have little patience for my ideas and theories, because they'd much rather just take spontaneous action than theorize new possibilities. (Ahh, the joys of Ne vs Se). I really can't even say I particularly dislike them, because I just don't understand them. At all. I'm pretty sure every one on one interaction I've had with an ESTP left us both feeling... Dumbfounded. Stupefied. It's amazing how I've never had a shred of inherent understanding with them.

I think the phrase "agree to disagree" would sum up my relations with ESTPs. The only agreement the two of us have is that we both prefer to keep a safe distance from one another. ;P

1 - 20 of 40 Posts