Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm still on the fence between INFP or ISFP so maybe you can help me by reading some of these favorite quotes of mine? They don't necessarily represent my own thoughts (although the last two mostly do), but I just find them beautiful and resonating.

“I remember awakening one morning and finding everything smeared with the color of forgotten love.”
― Charles Bukowski, What Matters Most is How Well You Walk Through the Fire

“When they asked me what I wanted to be I said I didn’t know.
"Oh, sure you know," the photographer said.
"She wants," said Jay Cee wittily, "to be everything.”
― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

“There is something demoralizing about watching two people get more and more crazy about each other, especially when you are the only extra person in the room. It's like watching Paris from an express caboose heading in the opposite direction--every second the city gets smaller and smaller, only you feel it's really you getting smaller and smaller and lonelier and lonelier, rushing away from all those lights and excitement at about a million miles an hour.”

“That’s one of the reasons I never wanted to get married. The last thing I wanted was infinite security and to be the place an arrow shoots off from. I wanted change and excitement and to shoot off in all directions myself, like the colored arrows from a Fourth of July rocket.”

“Everything people did seemed so silly, because they only died in the end.”

“When all by myself, I can think of all kinds of clever remarks, quick comebacks to what no one said, and flashes of witty sociability with nobody. But all of this vanishes when I face someone in the flesh: I lose my intelligence, I can no longer speak, and after half an hour I just feel tired. Talking to people makes me feel like sleeping. Only my ghostly and imaginary friends, only the conversations I have in my dreams, are genuinely real and substantial.”
― Fernando Pessoa

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hello,

I'm still on the fence between INFP or ISFP so maybe you can help me by reading some of these favorite quotes of mine? They don't necessarily represent my own thoughts (although the last two mostly do), but I just find them beautiful and resonating.

“I remember awakening one morning and finding everything smeared with the color of forgotten love.”
― Charles Bukowski, What Matters Most is How Well You Walk Through the Fire

“When they asked me what I wanted to be I said I didn’t know.
"Oh, sure you know," the photographer said.
"She wants," said Jay Cee wittily, "to be everything.”

“There is something demoralizing about watching two people get more and more crazy about each other, especially when you are the only extra person in the room. It's like watching Paris from an express caboose heading in the opposite direction--every second the city gets smaller and smaller, only you feel it's really you getting smaller and smaller and lonelier and lonelier, rushing away from all those lights and excitement at about a million miles an hour.”

“That’s one of the reasons I never wanted to get married. The last thing I wanted was infinite security and to be the place an arrow shoots off from. I wanted change and excitement and to shoot off in all directions myself, like the colored arrows from a Fourth of July rocket.”

“Everything people did seemed so silly, because they only died in the end.”

“When all by myself, I can think of all kinds of clever remarks, quick comebacks to what no one said, and flashes of witty sociability with nobody. But all of this vanishes when I face someone in the flesh: I lose my intelligence, I can no longer speak, and after half an hour I just feel tired. Talking to people makes me feel like sleeping. Only my ghostly and imaginary friends, only the conversations I have in my dreams, are genuinely real and substantial.”
― Fernando Pessoa
1. God yes
2. Not really
3. YES
4. No
5. Kind of
6. Yes

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
You can turn any quote into an INFP quote by adding: "That's how I feel" :laughing:

·
Registered
7 Posts
1. God yes
2. Not really
3. YES
4. No
5. Kind of
6. Yes
I agree with most of what this member said, but I'd say "maybe" to 2 and 4. I don't think they're particularly representative statements for the type, but they could certainly fit with an individual INFP's understanding or experience.

*Especially* with 1, 3, and 6, I've felt some form of the quotes myself. The creative nostalgia, introverted self-pity, and having more intelligence outside of immediate situations where feelings overpower all fit the profile, to name a few things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts