Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you met yourself. Would you be attracted to you? Honestly. Think about it. Don't say what people want you to hear. Don't say what you think you should say. Don't say what would make you feel confident. Say it as truly as possible. If you recorded a video of yourself and saw all of who you are.... would you be attracted to yourself?

Why do I ask?

I have noticed from numerous people that they don't "understand" why anyone would like them. Sure they know about their good points. They know they are confident and good looking and caring and _____ fill in the blank. But they still don't understand the attraction... the feeling of attraction. I hear from many people "why would anyone be attracted to ME"? I'm "annoying". What have you. And you don't have to say these really negative things to yourself to be not attracted to yourself.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I think so. In spite of my insecurities, there would always be a part of me that really loves myself. Like a paradox.

Might explain why I'm so attracted to INFP's :tongue:

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
I like my type somewhat but I really can't stand being with myself too much. Makes me get very angry.

I think it is because all I see are my faults in other ESTPs

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm attracted to what I am, but not in an appearance/I'm so sexy type way, it's more the attraction of seeing little parts of my personality in other people. I'll go check it out, somewhat unconsciously. It makes for great arguments when I forget the dividing line. And it's kinda sad, but also cool because the other person isn't me and I get to see how our shared traits can be adjusted or improved - the full scope of possibility. It allows me to reach for better balance through observation in a third party; learning about myself, but also seeing past the limitations of my reality and perspective; which I could never do if I restricted myself to self examination.

·
Registered
258 Posts
No. I would probably hate a person that was exactly like me. Might be because I am a douchebag and arrgoant about just everything, while I hate other people with those qualities.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I think it's harder for extroverts to like other extroverts romantically, because they often get on one another's nerves or clash. Introverts don't have that difficulty, because they understand each other and crave for the same things. I don't even understand why introverts would like extroverts! I think the reason I could like me in a relationship is the fact that I care a lot about my partner's feelings, and that's also what I like to get in return. I think I would feel loved, but would eventually tire of the attention.

4,757 Posts
I would find myself grating - I would enjoy my sense of humour though. I would also find it difficult to really get a grasp on my insecurities and quirks - I can barely understand them/predict them and I'm not watching it happen from the outside. The friendship/relationship/whatever would feel unstable, I think.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
We would battle to the death! Or just ignore each other completely. We wouldn't get along though.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
I think it's harder for extroverts to like other extroverts romantically, because they often get on one another's nerves or clash. Introverts don't have that difficulty, because they understand each other and crave for the same things. I don't even understand why introverts would like extroverts! I think the reason I could like me in a relationship is the fact that I care a lot about my partner's feelings, and that's also what I like to get in return. I think I would feel loved, but would eventually tire of the attention.
ermm that makes no sense. Why would an extrovert get on my nerves anymore than an introvert get on an introverts nerves? Extroverts like extroverts cause they understand each other (yes that is sarcasm). I imagine it is awesome with introverts dating introverts. I mean you could sit in different rooms all day and be happy not talking to each other.

I think in general most same type relationships work because of what you said (similar interests), but I believe they would usually fail. It wouldn't take long before it got stale.

Reactions: Oleas

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
ermm that makes no sense. Why would an extrovert get on my nerves anymore than an introvert get on an introverts nerves? Extroverts like extroverts cause they understand each other (yes that is sarcasm). I imagine it is awesome with introverts dating introverts. I mean you could sit in different rooms all day and be happy not talking to each other.

I think in general most same type relationships work because of what you said (similar interests), but I believe they would usually fail. It wouldn't take long before it got stale.
It made no sense to YOU, thank you.

You feel differently, and that's fine! I think the introvert/extrovert duo is better than E/E or I/I.
I never said the introvert/introvert relationship would be amazing, I said I thought it might be better than e/e.
I believe very introverted people wouldn't work well together, and neither would very extroverted ones. It's all about balance. Sorry I didn't express myself clearly.

I agree, I don't think same type relationships are good either.

·
Banned
605 Posts
After I get to know me, yes. Otherwise, nope. It seems almost hypocritical but I'm more attracted to (non-overly) expressive types. People that get visibly excited when the topic turns to something they're interested in. Bubbly but not air-headed. Yet, I'm not very expressive at all, unless it's intentional... (I'd prefer to be more naturally expressive myself, actually)

Reactions: Aßbiscuits

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Anything more boring then spending time with a clone of yourself?
Whats the point of being with someone else who is exactly like you ?

You will feel and think the same at all times.
Where is the fun in that ?
No discussions, no fights, no need for communication as you think the same things.

Other people's company can be enjoyable BECAUSE of their differences.
It allows for conversation and discussions. It leads to interesting situations where both experience/learn something new.
If you are copies of each other, then this will never happen.

This of course is the extreme of the same type, but this is why I think same types wouldn't make a great combination.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
It made no sense to YOU, thank you.

You feel differently, and that's fine! I think the introvert/extrovert duo is better than E/E or I/I.
I never said the introvert/introvert relationship would be amazing, I said I thought it might be better than e/e.
I believe very introverted people wouldn't work well together, and neither would very extroverted ones. It's all about balance. Sorry I didn't express myself clearly.

I agree, I don't think same type relationships are good either.
Forgiven! This description is perfect and I agree 100%. :wink:

Reactions: Oleas

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I would kick my own ass a lot but the makeup sex and the conversations would be great. My intensity would be too much for me though, seeing as its on both parts.. and things would become too too much.

I am attracted mainly to people who have Ti though.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I look at it this way, if I was to meet the me of, let's say three years from now and I didn't know it was me, just thought it was someone who looked like me - I know I wouldn't like her and she'd hate me.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
We'd have some damn good conversations, if only one of us would talk first. Then it would never stop.
I think we'd do fine.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I'd be intrigued by this person, but I doubt it would progress past that as we'd both be far too reclusive to ever spend time with one another.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Setting personality typing aside, I would enjoy meeting myself. I'm not really sure what is about me, but I've made big impacts on people's lives. People with anxiety problems tell me I calm them. People who needed motivation have told me I've inspired them to better themselves. I don't know, I'm a balanced person.

Oh, and I love my sense of humor.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
The interplay would be an awesome thing, but a novelty at best.

The traits are nice, but I doubt I would be attracted to myself. Even while chatting, and games; I have a distance I would not enjoy. More solid people keep me from falling off.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts