Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have your attention, by we, I mean ISTP's.

Do you find ISTP's to be condescending? What bugs you about ISTP's?

The reason I ask this, is because I"m trying to figure out our interaction based on the functions. Your weak Ti is our strongest function, so I'd like to know if we make you feel inadequate somehow?

Just an example: the ENFJ's are such warm and nice people that I kinda feel like a terrible person when I'm near them.

So how do we bug you?

·
Registered
79 Posts
What bugs me is that y'all don't want to talk about emotions (the ISTP's I know, I don't know if everyone does that) you have when something happens.

And like... this just terrifies me, that y'all can like... be okay with being just with yourself lol but thats just my like... lack of ability to ever be alone lol

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, terrifies you? Do we look like rapists or something?

Actually an ENFJ I once dated actually scared me because she was so ridiculously outgoing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hahaha

I guess 'fear of the unknown' idea. I don't know how to be alone and that scares me that someone likes that more than being with people lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Uuum... The ones I've met haven't, not in the sense of like actual educational intelligence, but I've gotten the 'you're less than me' feel from one or two, because I'm outgoing&crazy, and outgoing&crazy translates to ditsy and ignorant to some people.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
My bestfriend is ISTP and love you guys! Why because you are all talented and really smart. Y'all just don't openly seek attention like we do. However, you get us ENFJ's in trouble because you come up with ideas that get us in trouble. You all have fun and I think you guys can keep secrets. ENFJ's talk about everything.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Some are. I think ENFJs can also be very condescending (ex. correcting people's "rude" behavior) sometimes. It just depends on your perspective.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
No problems at all in real life. Though on your ISTP forum, some of you get hell bent on purging the "outsiders". :crazy:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
No, you aren't. You are more of a.. "I like you, but don't annoy me with your sense of humor, ultra changing emotions, etc... I won't annoy you with anything of that :)" There are certain things you don't tolerate and before anything gets serious or violent (fights, heated arguments), you make clear what is what you dislike about us, so there are less conflicts between us, from my experience.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Actually, yes, you are. Due to a workshop at my job where we all learned about our own and each other's MBTI type, I can say with authority that the common theme among my condescending co-workers is that they are all STs of some form. Some of them have other redeeming qualities, but for the most part I avoid them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts