Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does our type lead us toward being in better shape than the others?

Seems like we would prefer to be in shape to better utilize Se and would be excellent at doing so through the use of Ti and lack of outside sabotage through introversion.

I'm quite impressed with myself personally, looking in the mirror every morning brings a smile to my face. :cool:

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
The only ISTP i know in real life is about average.

Reactions: Benja

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm a bit on the sedentary side... but I've never looked in the mirror and not liked what I saw:tongue:

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
By far the coolest ISTP I ever knew was a big fat guy. Ugly too. He was seriously overweight, but the beauty of it was that he didn't care. He didn't let it stop him from doing what he wanted to do. Like playing rugby for instance, which he did for fun, not exercise. He played a position where he didn't have to run much. I think his job was to block the other players like a brick wall, or maybe he threw them to the ground and sat on them, I don't know. But obviously he used his size to his advantage.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I'm not fat, but I could be in better shape. But I can't seem to keep a consistent routine to achieve that. I exercise sporadically at best. I had a pretty good routine going last fall, but then I sprained my ankle pretty bad, which blasted all the progress I made.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I work out all the freakin time. It's my addiction. Which, I figure, is a good addiction to have. It keeps me sane.

IDK if it's a type thing, though. I've seen SJs and NFs who are into it, too.

Reactions: Miss Scarlet

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I'm in better shape now than I've ever been, thanks to growing up and realizing that there actually is some truth to "no pain, no gain".
I grew up as the typical computer nerd, though. I never got really fat - I decided to do something about it a few years ago, when the scales stopped at 202 lbs - but I definitely wasn't in shape for a while. Now I'm at 180 with a pretty good physique, which is a lot more comfortable.

I really don't think it's type related, though.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys do realize that working out makes you hungry right?

My body is just a biological machine and I solve it's problems in the same manner as any other logical system. I guess I was wondering if anyone else held this view and actually made progress with it. I used to be 190 lbf my sophomore year of college, but I got concerned and started figuring out how my machinery worked. I was able to drop down to 175 lbf in a few months and have been in the 170's consistently for the past three years.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
You guys do realize that working out makes you hungry right?

My body is just a biological machine and I solve it's problems in the same manner as any other logical system. I guess I was wondering if anyone else held this view and actually made progress with it. I used to be 190 lbf my sophomore year of college, but I got concerned and started figuring out how my machinery worked. I was able to drop down to 175 lbf in a few months and have been in the 170's consistently for the past three years.
I just stopped eating shitty food. More meat, less sugar and starch. Easiest thing in the world.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I'm not going to argue with you about this. It's that the Italians I know are the big, food loving kind rather than the sexy kind.
not arguing!!!!!

we have the same Italians lol. with the pasta and the four course meals that last three hours.
altheticism or lack thereof is a lifestyle issue. don't blame the spaghetti. :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Some of the posts in this thread are actually stating whether they look good or not.. But that was not the question, now was it folks?

Anyway, I think ISTP's do a have a very large persistence when it comes to physical activities. We're patient and not easily satisfied sometimes. I enjoy running and cycling throughout the year, which is a very common thing under ISTP's.. I don't think we're the best however, we're above the standard but under the professional level..

1 - 20 of 70 Posts