Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my life and on I've been told I was slow. And especially in the morning! When I receive directions to go get something from wherever, I almost never find it, and then the person who asked me to get it usually gets really pissed off and calls me a retard. I think i'm just honestly not concentrating on the task at hand which I hate because there are obviously better ways of putting my mind to work for instance, thinking about OTHER THINGS!

Is this just part of Ni or is there something more to it? Am I the only person like this out there? or do I have some fellow NTs that know where i'm coming from? I would figure this effected INTJs mostly though just as Ni is the strongest function.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
We look at relationships between things, much more than most other people. When we try to find something, we will search in our mind and think of what would be the most likely place to find it. If it's straight in front of us but that place is not the most likely place we thought it would be, we can't find it.

At the same time, when nobody seems to be able to find something, we tend to be the ones that can find it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We look at relationships between things, much more than most other people. When we try to find something, we will search in our mind and think of what would be the most likely place to find it. If it's straight in front of us but that place is not the most likely place we thought it would be, we can't find it.

At the same time, when nobody seems to be able to find something, we tend to be the ones that can find it.
Couldn't have said it more perfect myself.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
All my life and on I've been told I was slow. And especially in the morning! When I receive directions to go get something from wherever, I almost never find it, and then the person who asked me to get it usually gets really pissed off and calls me a retard. I think i'm just honestly not concentrating on the task at hand which I hate because there are obviously better ways of putting my mind to work for instance, thinking about OTHER THINGS!

Is this just part of Ni or is there something more to it? Am I the only person like this out there? or do I have some fellow NTs that know where i'm coming from? I would figure this effected INTJs mostly though just as Ni is the strongest function.
You're fishing for compliments, aren't you? You INTJs are damn smart.

I think INTJs tend to be more of the deliberate, slow-and-steady type. In fact, that's exactly what MAKES them so smart I think. They actually can stop and THINK about what they're doing instead of zipping around the office like a speedfreak suckling on their Blackberry for the sake of looking busy. What type is the person you're dealing with?

ESTPs for example are ultra sharp and energized, and tend to be quick to bitch at people who aren't as buzzed. Many ESTJs have the bossiness...but without much speed of their own. :laughing:

Whoever it is, remind him/her that mistakes are quickly made, never quickly fixed.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Your personality type does not explain everything about you, there are other factors as well. In my case dyslexia and dysgraphia have played a large role in my life and actually work counter to some of my INTJ traits.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Everyone can be slow sometimes. Personally it's usually just laziness for me. But i think you answered your own question somewhat: 'I think i'm just honestly not concentrating on the task at hand'. You seem to just have your head in the clouds. Also do you mean finding lost things, or going on errands for these people?

I usually find things a lot quicker than other people because i find it quite natural to remember the locations of things in many different places and i can also think up a variety of logical locations based on the type of object and also the personality of the person who is asking/has lost an item (for instance; my brother once lost a fiver and i knew that he was forgetful and clumsy with important items so i checked in the bin after recalling he'd been carrying some rubbish at the time. Guess what i found on top of the banana skins?).

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
More to it I think...

More to it I think. Se and Te can also play a role in this to some extent as there may be external stuff to process and work through so things are done over and over in my mind before I'll share with others or do something just to confirm that I do have something down out, solid and perfectly understood. Generally, before I say anything, I'll think something through 6-9 times and sometimes before I do something I'll figure out a great way and then check it a handful of times over so I tend to obsess on even little things to a large extent.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've always been considered behind I would think. Or at least always thought myself that I was not far enough ahead. This would usually occur when I would become fascinated with a single thing and get obsessed with it and think about nothing else, which would cause me to fall behind on other things. For example: I'm almost 22 and I am just now (today actually) going to go take my drivers test to try and get my license.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I spend way too long getting ready for bed, the gym, school, town,the bath...though never with sex. I often sit, mid putting my pants on, and start staring at the ceiling, wall, my feet - just wondering about nothing important. This almost repeats itself with every new piece of clothing I have to put on.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Haha I'm so slow getting ready in the morning. I'd rather wake up earlier than have to rush. Guess that's not just a P thing.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I tend to walk fast, speak quickly, think quickly, and act rather quickly as well. So, maybe not all INTJs are slow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have low pressure so I am sometimes slow, especially in the morning, but it gets a bit better after drinking a coffee. I like speed, I walk fast and I like dynamic sports (for example I do taekwondo and I am not the worst at it). I often respond slowly and my ENFP and ESFP friends get impatient with me. I sometimes think slowly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts