Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I have no idea what my bf's type is as he is completely uninterested in these things. He is not emotionally intelligent and is very preoccupied with numbers, video games, computers and so on. Also not very outspoken, avoids deep conversations and loves physical intimacy. He's emotional and creates drama over nothing. But at the same time has very masculine energy and loves movies about wars and stuff. He loves challenges and spontaneous things. When he hangs out with his friends it has to be about a certain activity, like sport, heavy metal concerts and so on. He hates religion. He loves reading science fiction books and comics. His exes were all into technical stuff. I don't know. Any idea what his type could be?

I'm on the other hand opposite of him. I don't know my type because all functions are pretty even with me. I'd say I'm very emotional and sensitive, but don't show it. I love cute things, puppies, pink clothes, girly things, romance movies, reality tv, pop music. I'm horrible with numbers and have low intelligence compared to my bf. I can't even read a book as I can't concentrate. I love talking about deep stuff and love spirituality. I don't like sports and love calmness and to plan on things.

I guess opposites attract as we're 7 years together. I'm evaluating our relationship because we seem to have issues we can't solve. I'm confused and stupid with a lot of things and it annoys my bf a lot. He has temper issues and gets mad often at me for little things. He apologizes but nothing changes. I feel horrible when it happens. I understand his frustration as when I'm with people who are less intelligent than me, I also lose my patience and get annoyed, but I keep my cool.

We didn't make progress in our relationship as we can't seem to live together because of this issues. I mean, we love each other, but how can we make this work? I can't make myself smarter and he can't change too. We focus on things we have in common but having fights which I avoid by the way, makes the attraction between us fade.
Any advice?

·
Registered
INTP
3,909 Posts
I'm guessing he's ISTP, but maybe just because he reminds me of someone I knew.

However, maybe your differences are not the issue here. He gets mad and you feel terrible, and nothing seems to change. That seems to be the actual problem. Of course you love each other after being together for so long, but it doesn't sound very hopeful to me.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,954 Posts
Relationships are about at least compromising with one another if nothing else. If the two of you can't even share space with each other, then that's a pretty stark red flag. You may need to just sit down with him and try to work some kind of arrangement out. Otherwise... yeah doesn't look too good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts