Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya so im and extremely hopeless romantic sort of person.. i love romantic comedy books and movies the best, im still hooked on the disney princess movies XD my life pretty much revolves around love.

i think its really sweet and cute when others are like that too:)

are you??

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
from what i've seen there three kinds of INFP in this respect
1:eek:bsessed with love-often have few or no sucessful realtionships they idealize love and commit alot of energy to it-i am like this
2:these who "don't believe"in love", they've either had a few bad experiences with realtionships or given up on it, possibly as a deffensive reaction to the pain of rejection
3: INFP who are already in sucessful realtionships.lucky bastards

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm guilty. I suppress most of it. Well, some is genuine belief that most of what people work out of and believe to be love is pure hormones and other biochemicals. The other part is me being unable to think of no practical use of being in love. I mean, I've been able to deal with most of my life without that other. Oh, and there's also my belief that some people rely too much on feelings instead of their will. But despite all of that conscious latching on to practicality and rationality, yeah, I love romantic stories. Love songs can still make me swoon.

·
Registered
431 Posts
from what i've seen there three kinds of INFP in this respect
1:eek:bsessed with love-often have few or no sucessful realtionships they idealie love and commitaloto f energy to it-i am liek this

2:these who "don't believe"in love", they've either had a few bad experiences with realtionships or given up on it, possibly as a deffensive reaction to the pain of rejection
3: INFP who are already in sucessful realtionships.lucky bastards
I guess I'm a #2.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've found that my life revolves around love too. I've been very lucky enough to have (fairly) healthy relationships so my hopeless romantic side can take a nap while I focus on other things. When I'm single, however, I am a HUGE hopeless romantic. Constantly fantasizing being with this person or that. The Disney movies and romantic comedies thing I definitely still do.

Love is just too great a thing not to think about it constantly. :happy:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes and no.

I am at heart a true romantic.. I idealize love to a point that is almost unrealistic. I firmly believe that two people can fall madly for eachother for a lifetime, despite differences and this often ugly world we live in. I'm afraid I can't bring myself to settle for anything less.

On the other hand however, I am easy to disappoint. I've had some very safe (successful) relationships over the years that I have ended myself because I felt romance dwindling into simple comfort. For the last couple years I have kept physical relationships to satisfy the need for another in my life, while never expecting (or attempting) to make it anything more. If she's out there, she's worth waiting for.

I am an old school romantic, I still believe in true love, and when it comes to finding someone I want to spend my life with, I won't settle for less. If I never find that person then I don't mind being alone.

"If you're a bird, then I'm a bird" ...just thought I'd thrown that in there, felt on topic...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know how I ended up this way, but I would definitely classify myself as a romantic.
One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite books.

"I'm not sentimental--I'm as romantic as you are. The idea, you know,
is that the sentimental person thinks things will last--the romantic
person has a desperate confidence that they won't."
— F. Scott Fitzgerald (This Side of Paradise)

Reactions: SenhorFrio

·
Registered
16 Posts
well, ive been described as a hopeless romantic, ive only ever been in one relationship though :frustrating: . I wont extend my emotions and trust out to someone who i dont think could be the one, so usually im not doting over others, i guess im not romantic. when i let myself have feelings for others im hopelessly infatuated :proud:. for me, a relationship isnt about someone you can have sex with, its about someone you can love unconditionally.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've found that my life revolves around love too. I've been very lucky enough to have (fairly) healthy relationships so my hopeless romantic side can take a nap while I focus on other things. When I'm single, however, I am a HUGE hopeless romantic. Constantly fantasizing being with this person or that. The Disney movies and romantic comedies thing I definitely still do.

Love is just too great a thing not to think about it constantly. :happy:
Couldn't have said it better, really. :)

The fantasizing is great, I mean REALLY great, but then you wake up from your dream thinking, but I'm still single!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm a romantic in a modern, personalized, sort of ironic, humorous, creative, intelligent, liberated, quirky, unique, a little bit dark, sensual way. Not in a classical Jane Austen way - that feels too cliched, artificial, self-demeaning, and outright moronic to me.

Reactions: Soul Eater

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm a romantic in a modern, personalized, sort of ironic, humorous, creative, intelligent, liberated, quirky, unique, a little bit dark, sensual way. Not in a classical Jane Austen way - that feels too cliched, artificial, self-demeaning, and outright moronic to me.
Yeah, that seems to fit me. My romantic feelings don't usually follow stereotypes, just whatever allows me to feel that deep connection.

rowingineden: Are you by any chance a scorpio?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Yeah, that seems to fit me. My romantic feelings don't usually follow stereotypes, just whatever allows me to feel that deep connection.

rowingineden: Are you by any chance a scorpio?
No, Capricorn. Supposedly Capricorns are supposed to be the best signs to handle Scorpios.

Reactions: rovin

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I may be an INFJ, but from what I hear INFJ's and INFP's are very similar.

If I can add my two cents,

I would be #1&#3. I am in a successful relationship with the one I just "know" is my soulmate. the middle of next month we will have been going out for half a year. but I am also an extreme hopeless romantic.

Reactions: SenhorFrio
1 - 20 of 72 Posts