Personality Cafe banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I started out as a good public speaker in my teenage years.

Now, as a young adult, I would say my confidence has decreased (due to gaining of weight). But still, if I am prepared and know what I will be talking about, I still do a decent job. Just not as good as I was before.

I suppose I am still finding ways to improve it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Before that, forgive my poor grammar, heheh.

I didn't think that I was a good public speaker until my friends said otherwise. They perceive me as charismatic and engaging, while i actually felt like pissing in my pants while doing it (prepared or not prepared, whichever it is they said that my speeches are good, that left me baffled)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I went up to give my presentation for my bachelor's degree (senior seminar) and I blew everyone away effortlessly. I really don't have a lot of public speaking experience, I just think it's some thing we as ENTPs are naturally good at.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,992 Posts
Yeah I went up to give my presentation for my bachelor's degree (senior seminar) and I blew everyone away effortlessly. I really don't have a lot of public speaking experience, I just think it's some thing we as ENTPs are naturally good at.
We're pretty much good at just about anything we set our minds to. We're not great, we're sort of the proverbial: "Jack of all trades, master of none."

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yup. I can speak on any subject without notice and listeners enjoy it. Frankly, I have no idea why.
I am actually sorry that when I was young, I passed on a career offer to go on radio in Seattle, and just spew my babble.

·
Registered
ENTP-T (Ti-ILE) 5w4 so/sx
40 Posts
As long as I have a talking point that I'm familiar with, I can drop into an extemporaneous lecture instantly and go on for hours with complete strangers. In fact, my friends hate this, because I'm very pedantic when I think my audience "doesn't get it" and I'll go on and on, repeating myself in various ways, until they go "Oh!" Once I get that feedback of "message received and understood and I am excited by this information" then, and only then, do I feel like I can stop. That last part is really important, the "I am excited by this information" part. You see, to give a good presentation of the subject material, I need to invigorate my audience with it, and if I don't think they will be invigorated by it, I might not even give the lecture or talk about the subject with them in the first place. But once I do, once I get the sense that maybe they'd be really shook by this thing I have to say, then it's worth saying, and then I'll say it over and over until I get that response.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts