Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As for me, I'm extremely gullible. My friends will sometimes play a joke on me to make me believe really stupid things and I NEVER expect them to be lying until they tell me!

For example, one friend convinced me she smoked and I was deeply disappointed in her. Then she told me and I was kind of angry at her for the rest of the day.

Then yesterday at a bonfire, one friend who has always told me he was a sophomore convinced me that he had one year of school left because he was becoming a senoir. During the same bonfire, my friend who is a goodie-goodie with strict parents convinced me she was either getting her nose or her belly button pierced. :\

Well those are just a few of the things I believe. So are you INFPs out there gullible? If so then some stories are always good! ;)

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, I tend to agree with things that feel good and then think about them later.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Friend: Gullible's written on the ceiling.
Me: Haha, no it's not that's hilarious.
Me: Wait.....is it really??????

Substitute whatever you want for what the friend says.

·
Registered
477 Posts
no because when they make up a situation you notice it
They are paying a lot of attention to you, more than usual as it they're waiting for a certain response.
or someone given it away and is smiling
If not then i say "actual?" or "really?"
If nothing changes i can be sure its not a joke

Though its not too fun to do that to me seeing as i never get really express too much emotion over stuff like that. Like the time me and 2 of my mates were walking around the mall and one of them said "we should sit down on those seats of there"
"I'm going to tell you something really important" or something along the lines of that. Long pause.."i'm, gay"
Apparently i showed no emotion at all and just said "oh...ok" as i normally do with my single word responses.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think I am more gullible than not. I think I want to see the best in everyone, and that includes wanting to trust everyone. I want to believe everything everyone tells me, just out of trust. But I don't think I have gotten mad at someone for coming up with something ridiculous and getting me to believe it, if it was all in good fun. People know they can mess around with me like that, because I usually respond well to it, and after it is all said and done, I had fun too. Unfortunately, I can't think of any good stories involving my gullible nature at the moment.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm a pretty skeptical person.

I easily find myself lost in things, however. Films, books, those History Channel documentaries on some pretty out-there conspiracy theories--anything hypothetical, I just go with it. I don't accept those things as true, though, just oft-times highly entertaining.

·
Registered
318 Posts
At one time, yes, but when I got a bit older and learned a bit more about life, I became a LOT harder to fool... wait till life jades you a bit, then you won't be so gullible anymore...eventually you'll develop a "6th sense" about when people are trying to fool you, it gets obvious... =p

Reactions: weebit and Lad

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm the most gullible person on earth. People love to play jokes on me, especially my uncle. Today we were in the yard and he pointed to three HUGE trees and said that they were all Christmas trees at one point. I guess it's somewhat believable but I was the last person to catch on. Sometimes I'm still confused long after everyone else has gotten it. It's hard to tell when people use a serious tone of voice! I'm also gullible sometimes because I don't want to hurt people's feelings. My cousin joked that he had dropped out of school and I just said, "Oh...?" because I didn't want to offend him if he actually had dropped out. Stuff like that.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yes, I'm very naive and my friends like to tease me about it. But it's all in good fun :happy:

However, the fun stopped when I moved in with my friend back in February; we had all noticed that he (the friend) was getting worse, mentally. He did drugs from time to time, he was stoned 24-7 (not recommendable for someone like him) and his thoughts and behaviors were clearly changing towards the psychotic. Yet, I believed him when he said things are getting better for him, I believed him when he said he was sorry for being such a bad roommate. Yet, it took a deeply disturbing episode of violence and rage from his part, before I realized that he had to go. So I had him removed. But I still sometimes come home to find that he's been sneaking around in my house; he's so delusional that he thinks every woman (and man, for that matter) is madly in love with him (they just don't tell him, because they're shy), so therefore he can do whatever he wants. He also has sexual fantasies about his mom, which he enjoys. I should've known better when I decided to move in with him...

·
Registered
54 Posts
After my friends tried to tease me and said I was gullible, I began to be so skeptical towards what people say until it gets on their nerves at times. Now I don't consider myself gullible and can see through people's tricks more easily. Their tone, behaviour and words just gives it all away.

·
Banned
137 Posts
I was very naive and gullible as a kid, but now I've become the opposite. I can now lie, manipulate and fool people very easily (just for fun, of course).

·
Premium Member
15,280 Posts
Well, I try not to get fooled but there are some great "foolers" out there. I think I do have a very conspiratorial mind. If something is presented to me, I'm usually evaluating for right or wrong.
:laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts