Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, a few months ago I discovered some articles on research about HSPs (highly sensitive people, not hereditary spastic paraplegia!) Turns out we're actually more than a little bit different than normal people and I found it very helpful to know what exactly was going on.

I want to know if ISFJs are more likely to be HSPs than others (although I think NFs might also have a good chance of being HSPs)

OkCupid | Take The Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) Test Here it is, I got 93% on this test.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
51%-75%

68%

Reactions: mrgreendots

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I was 70% HSP, which is considered not a HSP. But then I did answer a lot of questions with "very" and a lot of others with "moderately" or "Not often", which could indicate that I actually am a HSP.

I don't really care, I just need to develop thicker skin.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I thought as well but it turns out it's a bit more complicated than just enduring things like that. You can develop thicker skin but you have to be careful because HSP's Have a different kind of nervous system and sometimes it's inevitable that you get stressed out or over aroused.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Oh geeze, I got 80% HSP. I know I'm very sensitive but I think I can still react to certain situations quite well actually, even better than some people. Oh well. I too need to develop thicker skin.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I got 79% and to be honest I'd say I'm more borderline. Some of the things they list really bother me, but others I can even thrive on.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Even without taking the test I think a lot of us can admit that we are indeed HSP! I swear I can walk into a store and pretty much feel a "sensory overload" taking place for about half a minute before I adjust to my surroundings. I don't really understand why I have that reaction, it's just automatic and not in my control at all. Because of it I remember the most insignificant momentary feelings and details super clearly.

Does anyone relate? I might just be a weirdo.

·
Registered
695 Posts
76-100%
You are 81% HSP

At first I thought, nahhh, I'm not a highly sensitive person.

But once I read the questions, I knew that I was.

I just thought that I was very detail-oriented. :p

·
Registered
237 Posts
76-100%
You are 80% HSP.

Some of my answers caused me to go "ehh, depends on the day" because sometimes I can take a lot; I just require a good rest period afterwards. maybe that's why I woke up with a rash Sunday and spent half the day sleeping in a benadryl coma

But seriously, I'm not always super sensitive. The jumpiness one bugged me because I go in streaks. I used to not be jumpy at all unless I was in a giddy mood, and now lately I've been caught off guard more.

Also, a lot of the things don't drive me nuts unless I'm alone. If I have someone with me, I'm grounded and I can handle anything! weee

·
Registered
879 Posts
51-75%
You are 75% HSP.

Like what others have said, my answers kind of made me think twice like "well that only happens during certain situations but not very often" and other questions just completely annoyed me. I do think I'm pretty sensitive in the mind, though. I'm kind of resistant to pain physically.

Reactions: cheapsunglasses

·
Registered
611 Posts
I got 76-100%

I guess I would be HSP because I can get obsessed with a scent and want to crawl up and live in it, but other things like certain textures can put me off eating for days.

I expected this test to be about emotional sensitivity, actually, and was pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Your result for The Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) Test ...
76-100%
You are 88% HSP.
You scored in the 76-100% HSP range. Given this score, I would say you are a true Highly Sensitive Person. If you have always wondered if your responses and behaviors were normal, well, they ARE--it's just that many of the traits you exhibit are given negative connotations in our society, or are mistaken for traits with negative connotations. If anyone ever thought you were a snob or "stuck up" when in reality joining a group of people would have constituted "sensory overload" for you, you probably know what I'm talking about.Of course it's possible you might be SURPRISED to see your score in this range, as you have always been described as an extrovert. You might have forced yourself to act extroverted as a way of conforming to the demands of society; or this might in fact be your natural personality. Being an extrovert AND being an HSP are NOT mutually exclusive, according to Dr. Aron.
Either way, I hope reading the test questions has given you a better understanding of the way HSPs approach the world. For more information about the traits of a Highly Sensitive Person, please check out the website by Dr. Elaine Aron, www.hsperson.com.
Thanks for testing!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
51 - 75%

You are 67% HSP

1 - 20 of 30 Posts