Personality Cafe banner

Are you a hopeless romantic?

• Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic. I feel satisfied in every way.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic. I feel somewhat satisfied, but it could be better.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic. I don't feel satisfied at all.

Votes: 55 45.5%
  • No, I'm not a romantic person. I feel satisfied with my life.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • No, I'm not a romantic person. I feel somewhat satisfied, there should be less romantic stuff.

• No, I'm not a romantic person. I don't feel satisfied, my significant other demands too much.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hey! I'm somewhat romantic and satisfied; I feel neglected by this poll.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • All me candles broke, innit. Don't wanna answer.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this idea from ENFP forum and decided to tweak it a bit.

So, my lovely INFPziones, are you a hopeless romantic? With hopeless, I don't mean without hope, but that you are a helplessly romantic person and crave for romantic situations immensely. Do you feel that your needs in this regard are met? Are you romantic, but your significant other is not; or the other way around?

Even if INFPs tend to be reserved, I think we also are romantic. Personally, I'm very romantic and couldn't ever be in a relatioship, where my needs wouldn't be met. Of course it also goes vice versa: I want to satisfy my SO's romantic and emotional needs.

Everyone's free to answer. Peeps with or without an SO and types other than IFNP. I ain't picky. ;-)

In short: Doya like bein' all mushy or not?

·
Premium Member
15,280 Posts
Absolutely not. There are way way way more important things to pursue, for this INFP, than romance. Knowledge, Beauty and pleasure rank higher for me. Oh, I do love husband but we both have a whole day to fill.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely not. There are way way way more important things to pursue, for this INFP, than romance. Knowledge, Beauty and pleasure rank higher for me. Oh, I do love husband but we both have a whole day to fill.
I understand. My desire for knowledge and beauty in things and pleasure rank high as well, but doesn't romance give you that kind of pleasure? I mean, even if you two have a whole day to fill, it doesn't have to take the whole day.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am most diffidently a hopeless romantic, it's one of my favorite things about myself. I've been a hopeless romantic since my personality changed from INTP to INFP about a year ago. I see the world in such a beautiful light. Although, I'm currently in a position in which I don't have anyone to love since I became a hopeless romantic. :( It hurts a lot, but dreams of the future where I have someone to love keep me going. :) I've written so much poetry since I became a hopeless romantic, unfortunately, most of it is faceless, because I'm single. :( I don't care much for my faceless poetry... I love love so much and I believe in fairy tales, others probably think I need to get my head out of the clouds, but I love seeing the world in this way. Even if it hurts while I'm single.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel like that, yes.
I could use some romantic love right now and I actually have a small chance of achieving it sooner or later.
But nothing is certain, so I could end up even more hopeless.

Oh well, I'm kinda satisfied with things, could be better.
There's no need to become hopeless in that way. I think that even hopeless cases do have hope and light at the end of the tunnel. There's always a need for romantic types.

I hope that you will achieve what you want.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am most diffidently a hopeless romantic, it's one of my favorite things about myself. I've been a hopeless romantic since my personality changed from INTP to INFP about a year ago. I see the world in such a beautiful light. Although, I'm currently in a position in which I don't have anyone to love since I became a hopeless romantic. :( It hurts a lot, but dreams of the future where I have someone to love keep me going. :) I've written so much poetry since I became a hopeless romantic, unfortunately, most of it is faceless, because I'm single. :( I don't care much for my faceless poetry...
Ah, interesting. How do you feel that the change of your result from INTP to INFP changed you? Did you become more romantic after reading the descriptions or did you always feel that you had inclination for being romantic?

Bonus points for poetry. :happy:

·
Registered
344 Posts
By your definition, yes, I'm absolutely a hopeless romantic. In my previous relationship, I was much more romantic than my gf (I believe an INTJ or ISTJ). That was interesting, especially when she didn't want flowers on Valentine's day, or like the idea of anniversaries, etc.

But beyond that, I believe "hopeless romantic" defines my life in MANY more ways than just human "romance."

I see everything in saturated colors. It's not just that I see the bright colors, or just see the dark colors.

I see ALL the colors vividly. The goods are great. The bads are terrible.

I sometimes see everything like it's in a Byron or Shelley poem.

They could write beautiful words about the most painful of subjects (Byron's "To Time"), but when their words revel in beauty, the words are enough to wrap a rainbow around you, and spirit you away to a realm above the stars (Shelley's "On an Icicle That Clung to the Grass of a Grave - hence, my username) ...

Yeah, I'm definitely a "hopeless romantic."

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ah, interesting. How do you feel that the change of your result from INTP to INFP changed you? Did you become more romantic after reading the descriptions or did you always feel that you had inclination for being romantic?

Bonus points for poetry. :happy:
Its a long story as to why my personality changed. But there was a reason, and it was a damn good one. I changed for the better. It was not related to the test or the personality descriptions. If given the choice to go back to the old me I would never choose to change back. I got the feeling of hopeless romanticism almost parallel to my personality changing.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a long story as to why my personality changed. But there was a reason, and I changed for the better. It was not related to the test or the personality descriptions. If given the choice to go back to the old me I would never choose to change back. I got the feeling of hopeless romanticism almost parallel to my personality changing.
Damn straight! I'd never choose another personality type, even if I could. Being an INFP has its pros and cons, but mostly I love being an INFP. I'm glad that you like being this type.

If your personality has really changed from some reason that you have, it would most definitely be linked to the shift to hopeless romanticism. That's my theory, anyway.

Perhaps you someday will post a thread about this change of personality. I bet it's an interesting story.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Damn straight! I'd never choose another personality type, even if I could. Being an INFP has its pros and cons, but mostly I love being an INFP. I'm glad that you like being this type.

If your personality has really changed from some reason that you have, it would most definitely be linked to the shift to hopeless romanticism. That's my theory, anyway.

Perhaps you someday will post a thread about this change of personality. I bet it's an interesting story.
I already made a brief description of why, but it doesn't go into much detail. http://personalitycafe.com/intro/97514-hello-im-infp.html#post2448869

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@TheIndigoKnight Well, it was an interesting story. I hope you get another chance soon enough. I occasionally program too. Lately, mainly with python. Typically small programs to help my life on some recursive problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
@TheIndigoKnight Well, it was an interesting story. I hope you get another chance soon enough. I occasionally program too. Lately, mainly with python. Typically small programs to help my life on some recursive problem.
At this point, I'd much rather her relationship work out, they got engaged a month ago. I would loose so much more than I would gain at this point in time.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
By your definition, yes, I'm absolutely a hopeless romantic. In my previous relationship, I was much more romantic than my gf (I believe an INTJ or ISTJ). That was interesting, especially when she didn't want flowers on Valentine's day, or like the idea of anniversaries, etc.

But beyond that, I believe "hopeless romantic" defines my life in MANY more ways than just human "romance."

I see everything in saturated colors. It's not just that I see the bright colors, or just see the dark colors.

I see ALL the colors vividly. The goods are great. The bads are terrible.

I sometimes see everything like it's in a Byron or Shelley poem.

They could write beautiful words about the most painful of subjects (Byron's "To Time"), but when their words revel in beauty, the words are enough to wrap a rainbow around you, and spirit you away to a realm above the stars (Shelley's "On an Icicle That Clung to the Grass of a Grave - hence, my username) ...

Yeah, I'm definitely a "hopeless romantic."
Ah, Mr Icicle. We meet again. Almost didn't notice your post. PerC's playing tricks on me.

I can definitely relate what you said; my romanticism isn't limited to human-human interaction either. Highs are high and lows are low - sometimes it feels like having a bipolar disorder. You live the feelings very vividly.

Yes, you do fit into my definition of a hopeless romantic. I think INFPs do have propensity towards romanticism, no matter if they are male or female. As in your case you were the more romantic one in your relationship.

I think I'm a hopeless romantic in human to human way, even in if I didn't have any target for my romanticism; I'd just make her up in my mind - and it does happen. It's weird how you can have romantic feelings for an idea. I guess it's a feeler thing, or just that I'm a bit loco.

Ah, now I see where your username comes from. Very good.

·
Registered
240 Posts
No, not really. I mean, I like some romance.. but.. if it gets too sappy I get rather sick of it. I am not much for romance movies. I do like a bit of good flirt though, even if it's a bit corny. I prefer subtle mysterious coy stuff vs sappy.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts