Personality Cafe banner

Morning or night person?

• Morning ( early bid gets the worm!)

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Night (ughh.. i doubt the worms are even awake yet!)

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 13.7%

Are you a morning person or a night person?

[ISFP] 
4K views 28 replies 28 participants last post by  Alex2012 
#1 ·
Just wondering if there is a trend with ISFPs.

Myself am a night person. I really get into my `flow` at night. its the time where I'm most motivated to make music, draw, be creative, talk to people... many things. During the day I'm usually procrastinating more.

I would prefer to be a morning person though. trying to change it.

#3 ·
I think I have to side with @Kitzara on this one. I feel so much more inspirational at night, but I'm much more effective at day as I have less distractions and less imagination during the day.

I have a weird schedule I guess, if I don't go up at 6-8 AM I'll easily become sleepy and tired on the day and can even sleep to 2 pm or more if I'm free for the day. When waking up 6-8 AM I feel rather "normal" (as how I imagine "normal" people feel), but when I sleep longer and stay up later I'm like bombarded with inspiration and imagination. I feel much more alive at night, so I'll guess I'll pick that one, as my soul feels much more liberated at night!

#6 ·
I'm mostly an early morning person. I don't usually wake up early either because it's cold or I want to be alone in the morning. I'd say my favorite thing to do early morning is get up, plug in my speakers and play Bob Marley, dance for awhile, then start my day XD. I'm more creative in the early morning, more inclined to read, more inclined to be productive.
However, my other time for productivity is the really late night, starts around 9 or 10, goes on till about 3. I get incredibly inspired around then.

#9 ·
I I'm more creative in the early morning, more inclined to read, more inclined to be productive.
However, my other time for productivity is the really late night, starts around 9 or 10, goes on till about 3. I get incredibly inspired around then.
Same! I'll stay up just to get in to that zone, and write my heart out.

Early monring is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful in the spring, though. (at least in the midwest US) It's hard to stay up and miss out on that perfect, green, dewey part of the day...

#8 ·
Night person. I'm not sure if this is a good thing though, because it could get me into trouble with school/work. I think whatever the ISFP prefers(night or daytime) we usually don't like things scheduled, so we like to fall asleep when we truly feel tired.

#11 ·
I adore everything about mornings. Sunrise, the early glow, empty streets and that hazy feeling you get when the day hasn't fully begun yet and you're kind of floating in this in-between state. Mornings are always gorgeous.

However, I'm almost never fully functional in the morning. My brain doesn't start properly working until 11am, and I hate waking up early. Also I love staying up really late, which proposes a slight problem.

So far I've solved it by messing up my sleeping rhythm during every vacation I get. I just stay up through the whole night and the morning, and when the day eventually begins and the morning glow fades, I finally go to sleep. Not the smartest thing to do, but hey, it's fun!

#12 ·
So right now, at nearly 1:00 AM, outside there's a full moon which is reflecting off the sea, tons of stars in the sky and a few wispy clouds scattered around. You can also see Mars and Saturn, and earlier on at around dusk I could see Venus and Jupiter.

Night is a beautiful thing. <3

@Tove, I've always wanted to do that! I love dusk and dawn and everything in between, but I've never been fond of broad daylight. If school didn't prevent me from staying up all night and my parents approved, I'd do it for sure. Sadly the latest I've been able to go is about 5 in the morning, and sometimes it's not light by then.

Reactions: Tove
#13 ·
I like staying up until just after sunrise and then go to bed. I love seeing a beautiful sunrise, nothing makes me happier in the world. It makes me both a morning person and an evening person, just as long as the rest of the morning involves nothing but sleeping in :)

#14 ·
I think I function better at night, but I have come to appreciate mornings...like for outdoor type things. I love morning drives, sitting outside relaxing and stuff like that. But all my creativity happens at night. About part way through high school I learned to work my procrastination and love for late nights to my advantage. I had some stressful 3 AMs doing school work but I always usually came up with the best stuff then.

#18 ·
I'm a night person, but I don't necessarily like staying up too late. If I stay up too late, then I wake up late and I feel like half the day is over. So now, I'm trying to find a healthy balance but after finals are over. >_>

#20 ·
I don't prefer one more than another. I'm most active at night though.

Due to my irregular sleep schedule, I haven't woken up before 12pm in about a month and a half. Longest I have gone without seeing a morning was around 5-months. I'm a hardcore nocturnalist.

#21 ·
It depends on outside factors for me, mostly on what time of the day I am most free from other people.

Right now, I get up at 5:20am, shower real quick, and have a delicious cup of quality coffee while everyone is still asleep. Definitely my favorite time of the day, until I have to leave for work...ughh.

When I'm dealing with people a lot at my house, sometimes I end up staying up till they go to bed so I can get into the zone as well.

I just need that time to feel inwardly and be free of other people's controlling influence to be at my best.

#24 ·
All my creative energy and ideas happen at night so....I'm a night person. I never get ideas for music or poetry in the morning......ever!
Plus who works on/plays music in the morning anyways? Lol

I love sleeping in in the morning. That's the best. Waking up at like 7 a.m. and seeing your clock and than rolling over and going back to sleep. Perfection.

#25 ·
Night time is quiet and full of inspirations, the stars are out and you can breathe in the cool night air. Full of mystery and fantasy, night time is the creation of new ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.