Personality Cafe banner

INFPs Only: Are you a night owl or a daywalker?

• I am a morning person

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I am up late at night

Votes: 42 95.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and a friend who is also an INFP are night owls. I can stay up really late... going to bed as late as 4 - 5 AM. I also wake up later, like 11 or noon... sometimes even 2 or 3 pm.

This has kind of always been the case for me. Even when I was a kid I was really alert at night time and going to sleep at bed time (10 pm) was really hard. Waking up early was the worst for me, it still is. I even get nauseous when I have to wake up early for some reason even if I've had a full, normal person's night of sleep.

Also, I am somewhat moody when I wake up but as the day goes on I become my normal sweet self.

What about you guys?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm a DayOwl

I go to sleep at 20:00 every night, and wake up at 06:00.

On weekends, I try and get atleast 16 hours sleep so that I can stomach the day ^_^

I can't stay awake past 22:00.

But I wake up every morning at 06:00

:mellow:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I am also a nightowl. Mornings are very hard for me also. Luckily I now work a 2nd shift job and it works out really well.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am also a nightowl. Mornings are very hard for me also. Luckily I now work a 2nd shift job and it works out really well.
My ex husband (ENFP) worked second shift and HATED it! I worked it and let me tell you... best hours ever for two reasons:

A: No-one else wants to work second shift so you get the higher pay.
B: I get to wake up, go to work, get off work and stay up late like I always do! It's like normal people do work except I just do it at night!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
My ex husband (ENFP) worked second shift and HATED it! I worked it and let me tell you... best hours ever for two reasons:

A: No-one else wants to work second shift so you get the higher pay.
B: I get to wake up, go to work, get off work and stay up late like I always do! It's like normal people do work except I just do it at night!
Exactly! Lately I'll get up around 10am so I'll have time to do stuff (Doctor's appointments, shopping, etc.) When I worked 1st shift I would get off at 5pm and was just so darn tired I'd never get anything done. I seem to get a lot done seeing as how I have all morning and early afternoons. There isn't pressure to sleep either because if I'm too tired I can always sleep in and do my laundry the next day. :happy:

·
Banned
641 Posts
Myself and a friend who is also an INFP are night owls. I can stay up really late... going to bed as late as 4 - 5 AM. I also wake up later, like 11 or noon... sometimes even 2 or 3 pm.

This has kind of always been the case for me. Even when I was a kid I was really alert at night time and going to sleep at bed time (10 pm) was really hard. Waking up early was the worst for me, it still is. I even get nauseous when I have to wake up early for some reason even if I've had a full, normal person's night of sleep.

Also, I am somewhat moody when I wake up but as the day goes on I become my normal sweet self.

What about you guys?
I don't think it's exclusive to INFPs.. I am a total night bird and always have been.. even in childhood.. some people just have different BIO Rhythms

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If left to my own devices I am a night owl kind of. I end up staying up progressively later until I cycle back to being a morning person. There are times where I stay up for days too, usually when I have an addicting new video game to play. I also however have no problem getting up at 6am as long as I know I will be a few days in advance. There has been a few semesters in college where I had to wake up at 5:30am and get ready so I can make it to class on time. But night owl definitely if you let me have my ways.

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
I usually sleep between 2am and as late as 12pm, although I do try to go to bed as early as 10.30. Sometimes I wake up around 8am, but I usually need someone else to wake me up as I'm a very deep sleeper. I'm usually quite tired in the morning and feel most awake between late afternoon and the middle of the night.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi guys I think I must be the INFP exception. I prefer early mornings to late nights. When I've been very happy I do both and don't want to sleep. When I'm down I sleep a lot. With a recent cold/flu bug and be on anti-depressants I was sleeping 16plus hours a day.
Anyone try to match the seasons? Have longer days during summer and short days in winter?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
So this is definitely an INFP thing right? Being nightowls because no one voted as daywalkers :tongue: I wonder why INFPs are more productive at night than during the day. hmm...
I'd argue that you can't pin it to one type or another. This is something that goes deeper than type, which is Bio-rythms. These determine when we get tired and when we get our energy. Some people do better in the morning, while others do well in the afternoon or sometimes, late at night.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I stay up late and wake up early.

Reactions: Strelnikov

·
Premium Member
15,081 Posts
Morning person. However, the older I get, I have noticed, the more I stumble into the kitchen and take forever to wake up. Takes me forever up wake up. Also, my face is looking more and more like shit the older I get. Puffy, saggy and wrinkly. OH AGE YOU harsh mistress!

Bump more 2009 posts! I missed these the first time around. ;-)

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I'm working on becoming a morning person.

The data is in, and even if your body is naturally prone to staying up later and sleeping in later, it's just not healthy for us humans in the long run.

The transition is... difficult to say the least. :laughing:

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,230 Posts
total night owl, always have been. I was able to be nocturnal for a while and I loved it.

Partly a feel like I need a longer day-night cycle. It feels like I take a long time to gear up over the course of the day, but usually after dinner or right before what people think ought to be 'bed time' I finally feel fully ready and that's when motivation and inspiration and energy hit and I can keep going for quite a while (Provided I'm not completely drained from struggling to do all this stuff before I was ready and thus never get to the optimal point). There's just something about the darker quieter atmosphere of the night that perks me up and helps me feel more able to concentrate.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts