Personality Cafe banner

INFPs Only: Are you a night owl or a daywalker?

• I am a morning person

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I am up late at night

Votes: 42 95.5%

• Total voters
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
4,823 Posts
night owl, and I feel certain it is better for my health if I can keep it at moderately late (sleep at 2-3 at night until 9-11 in the morning), I have a tendency to push it a bit forward though, and that is a big problem. But when I have to get up at six in the morning it ruins my day, I feel sick until 12 and might fall asleep at lectures or similar, feel weak in my body... It is not healthy at all for nightpeople to get up that early, is what I have read, that it makes us die more than morningpeople, having to adapt to their schedules. So if my natural cycle is four hours delayed, compare that to a morningperson who usually sleep from 22.00 to 06.00, for me to get up at six in the morning, is like if they would have to get up at 02.00 at night, be at work at 04.00.

I like who I am better at night, thoughts are more loose and connect differently, more open, more focus. But I want the sun too.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
By nature I'm a total nightowl, but I've had learn to deal with whatever hours due to work. I don't sleep all that much as a rule, usually crashing around 4-6 am, and rising between 9 am to 12 pm, then once every few weeks I'll sleep for 12-15 hours. I've been like that for decades, no idea why.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am a night owl. The only problem is, if I stay up after 10 p.m. I feel like a zombie during the mornings, even if I sleep ten hours and coffee doesn't help at all.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Holy smokes, look at that ratio.

There's something I really like about being up alone at night. There are no noises except maybe some cicadas, there's no light except the moonlight, and I feel as though my mind is totally freed and my imagination is always much stronger at night. I can take myself into a different world whereas during the daytime there's always too much going on to distract me. Plus my mind is fully awake and fired up by nighttime.

For further information, my INTJ dad is definitely a morning person, always rises up at the crack of dawn. He seems to prefer it that way. Any other INTJ's the same, I wonder?

·
Premium Member
15,081 Posts
Anyone try to match the seasons? Have longer days during summer and short days in winter?
I have already answered “Yes, morning person” but I have noticed winter and fall I begin a hibernation mode and DEFINITELY sleep later. Also, in the summer, the minute the days start to get shorter, I can feel it. I am very much ruled in my eyes and brain by how much *sunlight* is going into my brain. *waves at bright sunny mornings*. << ——— you make mama happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Night owl. I go to sleep around 3-4 am, sometimes even at 5 am. But ironically I love early mornings when sun is rising and all the birds are singing.

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,954 Posts
Hopeless night own. I'm always in cycles, sometimes I go to sleep super late, sometimes at somewhat reasonable times. Right now I'm stuck at going to sleep at 8AM and waking up at 12AM. Then I would crash early in evening and then I would wake up at 1 or 2 AM. Thus I'm just weird.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Ever since childhood, I have always been a night owl.
Currently, my 'cycle' is awake until approx 1am to 2am with a corresponding sleep period of eight to nine hours.
So i'm not really an 'all-nighter' type, but way off being a regular early-to-bed, early-to-rise person.

·
Registered
15,048 Posts
I hate waking up early (as in before 9AM), but I actually feel more like shit during the night. I'd say that my comparatively best time would be from around noon to 5PM. I'm definitely more of a morning person than most people here.

·
4,823 Posts
this poll is so fun :)) 2 morningbirds, 40 nightowls . What is the hen and the egg I start to wonder? is it the nightyness that make people infp-y? Perhaps we would be superproductive members of society if we could stop having to get up much too early and feel not tired? Who knows...

·
Registered
INFP
590 Posts
I'm a nightcrawler. I creep around under the cover of darkness, then slither back into my nice warm hole at dawn.

In the morning, or early evening if I'm working night shift, I'm a zombie. Several cups of coffee are required to return me to a fully human state. By the time I've been up 15 or 18 hours my mind is really humming. And then I have to shut it all down to go to sleep again. Ugh.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts