Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
INTP 874 sx/sp VLEF melancholic
17,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video shows the importance of redefining mental illness. It is incredibly easy to find crazy in people when you look for it. And when people are looking for it you will not be seen as sane. This video strikes me on a personal level. I am indeed a semi-psychopath. I am grateful that the medical professionals I worked with were never out to get me. They weren't eager to label me or put me in a lunatic asylum. They were there to listen and to help. I just wish helping was more universal and people were observed as people. Innocent of mental insanity until proven guilty of mental insanity should be the norm. Proof should not be determined by a checklist because, believe me, I fit the criteria but I am not crazy (that's what a psychopath would say).

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far no responses. How disappointing.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Is looking for signs of craziness in other people not the ultimate form of craziness itself?

Because I know a few victims of psychopathy I have had to look into the phenomenon from the position of a relative outsider. And Nietzsche has it right when he says that if you gaze into the abyss long enough, it gazes back at you. If you study mental illness long enough you can almost feel your own mind being built on quicksand and nothing is certain any more.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I am Sane.

I am not crazy.

I am not on any medication.

They wont believe me though.

I am Sane.

I am Sane.

I am Sane.

I am not crazy.

Why will they not believe me ?

I keep telling them, but they wont believe me !

·
Registered
782 Posts
That DSM manual is good to self diagnose yourself, only if you look at yourself from an outside perspective. According to that book, I have 10 disorders. I cannot find the list anywhere but I should go through it again and see if anything has changed. To answer the topic question, yes I would say I am a semi psychopath.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Everyone on this site should get an e-trophy case where they can show off all their disorders because you know the more disorders you have the more hardcore and unique you are.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everyone on this site should get an e-trophy case where they can show off all their disorders because you know the more disorders you have the more hardcore and unique you are.
The point of this thread is the opposite of what you described. People who are labeled semi psychopaths live like every body else. They are hardly abnormal.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Normal isn't defined in psychology. Only the abnormal. Which is everybody.

Reactions: dragthewaters

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This guy was held against his will. That's not fair.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Nope, I'm the opposite of a psychopath. I have too many feelings which I can't control. I also have pretty much every form of anxiety that exists, depression, absolutely no self-esteem, probably ADD, and some people think I have borderline personality disorder.

Seriously, as long as you're happy and people like you and benefit from your presence, why worry about these things? Everyone has their flaws. We don't have to make them all into clinical conditions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.