Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now you can find out with this quick quiz from BBC:
BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Mind - Sensation Seeking

My results:
Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 9 out of 10

This consists of items expressing desires to engage in sports or activities involving some physical danger or risk such as mountain climbing, parachute jumping, scuba diving, speeding in a car, etc.

Experience seeking - you score 8 out of 10

This descibes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.

Disinhibition - you score 9 out of 10

This describes the need to disinhibit behaviour in the social sphere by drinking, partying and seeking variety in sexual partners.

Boredom susceptibility - you score 9 out of 10

This indicates an aversion for repetitive experience of any kind, routine work, or even dull or predictable people. Other items indicate a restless reaction when things are unchanging.

Your total sensation seeking score is 35 out of 40
The good: I'll have a life of adventure and excitement :cool:
The bad: I'll probably be dead by age 30. :p

Reactions: Nessie

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
36/40 here. I made it past 30 though. Seems us lifers live longer than the people around us for some reason. If you stay that high on the scale I wouldn't expect to keel over anytime to soon

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
36/40 here. I made it past 30 though. Seems us lifers live longer than the people around us for some reason. If you stay that high on the scale I wouldn't expect to keel over anytime to soon
I would expect the lifers that make it past 30 to have a pretty good chance of survival. After all, staying active is good for your body.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 10 out of 10

This consists of items expressing desires to engage in sports or activities involving some physical danger or risk such as mountain climbing, parachute jumping, scuba diving, speeding in a car, etc.
Experience seeking - you score 10 out of 10

This descibes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.
Disinhibition - you score 8 out of 10

This describes the need to disinhibit behaviour in the social sphere by drinking, partying and seeking variety in sexual partners.
Boredom susceptibility - you score 6 out of 10

This indicates an aversion for repetitive experience of any kind, routine work, or even dull or predictable people. Other items indicate a restless reaction when things are unchanging.
Your total sensation seeking score is 34 out of 40

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I do not need a test to know I am a thrill seeker. In the reality though I find it interesting that with Ne and Se in tow one can really be a thrill seeker but understand the rules of reality. I am in my mid thirties and I plan on living a whole lot longer. Like Sir Richard Branson I plan on living a long, long life of thrill and forward moving conquests.

Reactions: donkeybals

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 6 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 33 out of 40

Odd, it seems to favor aggression and "fire", not actual exploratory and experimental behavior.
Also, water related?! Do not want.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 3 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 10 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 32 out of 40

All I have to say is... fuck water, and fuck heights.

·
Registered
280 Posts
First off, I'm an INTP so maybe I'm barging in...buuut I'm very adventurous, which seems to be highly unusual among my type. Thoughts?

Results

Experience seeking - you score 8 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 5 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 10 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 33 out of 40

·
Banned
3,139 Posts

Disinhibition - you score 10 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 9 out of 10 (hahaha all of us ENTPs hate boredom, don't we?)

Your total sensation seeking score is 38 out of 40

·
Registered
97 Posts

Disinhibition - you score 9 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 8 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 36 out of 40

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,857 Posts
22. A. I would like to meet some people who are homosexual (men or women)
22. B. I stay away from anyone I suspect of being gay or lesbian

Lololollol! KEEP ME AWAY FROM THOSE FREAKS! :laughing:

How is that being a thrill-seeker?!? There have always gay accountants dammit, even in 1971. Not exciting.

Boredom susceptibility - you score 8 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 36 out of 40

First off, I'm an INTP so maybe I'm barging in...buuut I'm very adventurous, which seems to be highly unusual among my type. Thoughts?
Give up that I, come join us, you know you want to!

ETA: Being socially withdrawn, or anxious doesn't equate to introversion. Check out Jung cognitive functions, see how you access Ne v Ti.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,857 Posts
So, the sudden realization I have the lowest score here.
Just because I hate swimming!
Dark Romantic scored lower as he hates jumping as well as swimming.

You are the black-spots on the ENTP image :sad:

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,857 Posts
Get hit by coral and well see how happy you'll be about water.
Actually I'm not so happy with water, it's just that scuba diving sounds OMGOSH AWESOMESAUCE!!!

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,857 Posts
Reactions: Dark Romantic

·
Registered
366 Posts
Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 3 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 7 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 3 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 6 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 19 out of 40

I've scored rather low, comparatively speaking.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts