Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I'm a happy go lucky number 2 that loves FIXING! But I'm aware of that most of the time and now prefer to key in on what makes others tick and do things the way they need them.

That being said, a close friend of mine (not-romantic), is a 4 and withdrawing for various reasons. I'm aware that this sparks against my insecurities to know I am accepted and loved and don't want to jump to my inclination to try and fix it.

SO:

As a 4, what are the things you need from those around you when you're withdrawing?

As a friend of a 4, what are the ways you've responded that help them?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Usually when I'm withdrawing, is because of several reasons, I feel lost in life & am examining all my options, or I feel deeply misunderstand by someone certain or everyone. Usually when I withdraw I don't want to be bugged unless someone truly wants to talk and hang out genuinely, it can really make the experience better by someone hearing me out without judging me, since 4s commonly think their feelings are too strong for others' to injest.

Also I've found that sometimes I could talk about my feelings for hours when I'm hurt, I could keep describing it and describing it if the person is open to hearing it, coming to a conclusion may make a 4 withdraw more depending on the situation ... Sometimes we just like to be heard, and understand, thats it. :3

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,418 Posts
I am a withdrawing 4,

I become very responsive, lacking initiative. I need friends to approach me, but they rarely do, so eventually I will anyway.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am a withdrawn 4, and in fact am feeling withdrawn right now.

I get that way because I lack and solid motivation, a concrete reason for doing things, in the world.

The reasons to be successful Ie chase money, social acceptance etc don't work for me. I have to find spiritual reasons

·
Banned
41 Posts
As a 4, what are the things you need from those around you when you're withdrawing?

As a friend of a 4, what are the ways you've responded that help them?

Thanks all!
As an ENFJ 4, I don't tend to need withdrawing as much as other 4's who tend to be introverts. But when I do, I'd just like to be left alone and, usually it isn't for long. I need my space but I also need reassurance that I can come back and be included like I was before I felt I needed to withdraw.

Might not be the best coming from me, as a 4, but I have a 4w3 friend who doesn't withdraw as much as he gets sad seemingly from nowhere, I just like to sit with him in silence, and seems to help a lot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts