Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking about wizards and how Gandalf is an INTJ and how knowing that makes me biased towards thinking that wizards in general seem like INTJs, and then after a short period of feeling rather jealous I started wondering what sort of fantasy category we INTPs might fall under.

What do you think, my fellows?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have always viewed INTPs as the hero's sidekick. The ones that never get any credit but does a lot of work behind the scenes

·
Banned
644 Posts
So I was thinking about wizards and how Gandalf is an INTJ and how knowing that makes me biased towards thinking that wizards in general seem like INTJs, and then after a short period of feeling rather jealous I started wondering what sort of fantasy category we INTPs might fall under.

What do you think, my fellows?
I would categorize INTP's as Sorcerers. They both enjoy experimenting on secret projects on their own and have a very thoughtful look in their eyes and a wise atmosphere that surrounds them. Organization is cluttered: Sorcerers pile their books in stacks everywhere. Don't they give you that impression that they're like INTP's?

And ESTPs are trolls. Ha, j/k.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
I think it's just a coincidence that Gandalf happens to be INTJ.
In fact, I don't think Gandalf is completely INTJ.
At first, he's rather curious, amiable, and less confident in himself, but no doubt intellectually capable and perceptive.
Then, he becomes Gandalf the White and becomes a marshal with a strategic plan, ordering people about.
This would suggest that Gandlaf the Grey may be INTP and Gandalf the White may be INTJ.
Thus, Gandalf may be an INTX in general.

Besides, Gandalf is only one wizard of many, and a few others have been thought to be INTP.
So I would say that both INTJ's and INTP's are generally the magician, sorcerer, or wizard characters in stories.
They just tend to play slightly different roles as characters.
The INTJ perhaps more cunning and apt to employ contingency planning.
An INTP more like an adviser, suggesting wise paths to take rather than devising plans to be followed.

Anyway, that's what I think.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Lab geeks.

Like, if we're talking police business, we help them find the bases of the crime and sorts then, they go out and catch the guy. We don't get much credit, but I think us INTP's can suffice our own pride.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lab geeks.

Like, if we're talking police business, we help them find the bases of the crime and sorts then, they go out and catch the guy. We don't get much credit, but I think us INTP's can suffice our own pride.
Oh, without a doubt. :p
I was mainly looking for a fantasy category. Thanks for your input, though. Lab geeks are win.

·
Registered
988 Posts
We'd be bread. Totally.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Oh, come on, just between us lab rats, wizards are totally INTP's. They're into exploring knowledge and understanding arcane secrets, just for the fun of it. Think of Merlin in The Sword in the Stone - the quintessential INTP. The exceptions are wizards gone wrong, like Saruman, who was obsessed with making the knowledge practical. THAT sounds like an INTJ, or maybe an ENTJ if he's really power hungry. And we all know what happened to Saruman.

·
Registered
826 Posts
i think we would be the crazy wizard with little grasp of reality. but i liked the lazy bum, or maybe the bard?
lab rats are more judgers like intj and istj. there no way of keeping up consistency like that.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Magic

*checks posting rank*

No, don't be silly. You're looking for someone else entirely. I've never identified with wizards.

*cough*
#

Sauce for the Socrcerers. Cats ESFP are Witches so they should be Wizards as well.

Not Magicians though. For the most part they are just trouble. INFP are probably more trouble with witchcraft and a few ENFP Scumbags will have been burned at the stake.

Hazel the Diviner is an INFP (I think, not sure).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts