Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you able to have a committed relationship without oral sex?

6K views 47 replies 37 participants last post by  kallisti 
#1 ·
This thread is a variation of the other thread, and the perspective is very different. Basically:

Is oral sex necessary, if you are going to have THE relationship? Can there be a relationship for you, lasting the rest of your life, without oral sex?

Discuss.

#2 ·
Spin-off! :laughing:

I'm going to say, I hope not but I'm sure I can find a way to compromise if I get everything else. :wink:

Reactions: Neon Knight
#6 ·
I suppose this would fit within the realm of things that could be possible.

But I wouldn't exactly be happy about it, either as the non-giver or non-receiver.

#7 ·
I wouldn't prefer it, but I would be okay with it, as long as we were sexually intimate in other ways. It wouldn't be a huge frustration for me and there would be no resentment; maybe just a slight initial disappointment.

#10 ·
I am too uptight to allow oral sex to be done to me often, but I still give oral from time to time. I haven't had a problem with it...

I prefer penetration to oral...
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Guiltyuntilproven
#46 ·
I am too uptight to allow oral sex to be done to me often, but I still give oral from time to time. I haven't had a problem with it...

I prefer penetration to oral...
Posted via Mobile Device
Totally with you on that.

#13 ·
I could, but id rather have a partner that open to this. It just too much fun.

Reactions: decided
#15 ·
#18 ·
Awww! That's a sweet idea. The only serious problem I can see with it is this: what do you do if she likes giving, but doesn't like receiving, and you like receiving? Do you let her do it, or does it still feel one-sided even though she gets pleasure out of it?
Posted via Mobile Device

#22 ·
I figured it was a joke, too. I'm not really all that concerned about whether I get to perform oral sex as an expression of desire, although it would be nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

#27 ·
I've never been in a relationship before. However, if I am willing and happy to go down on the man I am in love with, it would upset me that he would not have the urge to return the favour out of love for me and the desire to see me pleasured. It's a bit of a put-off..

Reactions: angularvelocity
#29 ·
I prefer giving over receiving. I could probably have a relationship without it, but...might get kind of boring and all. So I'd rather have it included.

I really couldn't have a relationship without sex though.
I'm much too sex-needy for sex-phobic men.

#30 ·
I don't think it's needed...but I certainly like it. It helps me get going, and is always a great gift to the guy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.