Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a pattern here.

Do you consider yourself an active person on the social media?

The last pic I uploaded was 6 years ago, and my last post was 3 years ago. Nonetheless, I use facebook everyday to chat with few people and to watch my favourite posts regarding my area of interest.

·
Registered
420 Posts
What pattern are you trying to find exactly? You seem to be creating a lot of threads to answer some question that you can't seem to define, and can't seem to find an answer for.

Are you trying to find the worth of your life through the measurement of others?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm not. I'll like something.

I posted a funny comment/status update the other day (i.e. last weekend?) that got around 20 likes.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What pattern are you trying to find exactly? You seem to be creating a lot of threads to answer some question that you can't seem to define, and can't seem to find an answer for.

Are you trying to find the worth of your life through the measurement of others?
I guess is the boredom that makes me do this kind of questions to see how really accurate is MBTI.

·
Warden-Commander
24,113 Posts
I have a facebook only because it's handy to log in on other webpages with the account. I haven't posted any pictures in years, I've actually never written a post. The last time I checked the page was two or three months ago.

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
Deleted FB account a couple of years back. Haven't missed it. This forum and an email address are the extent of my online participation.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I have most social media profiles but I don't really use them that much. I don't really upload things but people upload things of me and tag me in it on Facebook, I don't really comment or like anything though. I only really use facebook for the messenger application nowadays which is for group chats. As for twitter, I've tweeted about 10 times in the last 3 years.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I guess is the boredom that makes me do this kind of questions to see how really accurate is MBTI.
Being an ISTP simply means that in most situations, we prefer to utilize Introverted Thinking (to make a reasonable decision) coupled with Extraverted Sensing (based on what we can observe empirically) over Introverted Intuition (based on what assumptions we can leap to) or Extraverted Feeling (based on the value system we have assimilated from others).

An ISTP that sees the value in social media for marketing their business, or for achieving some specific aim or goal may very well answer differently to an ISTP that has no purpose for networking. Interacting with others requires copious usage of Fe over Ti, as it requires the extraversion of your persona, which Fe is designated for, not Ti.

Asking these questions to determine the accuracy of the MBTI system is akin to using a magazine's zodiac section to decide your fortune for the day. Every ISTP has their own way of utilizing their function stacks, and the extent to which they have developed or mastered their functions. MBTI was only ever meant to understand how others think, by dissecting a person's perception and judgement process into comprehensible ideas- not to decide if its normal for a person to be adverse to social media or not.

·
Registered
617 Posts
"

Honestly, I rarely use them. I'd rather be more active in a forum like this.

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
I'm consistently on it mainly because I administrate a Facebook group oriented around geek stuff. Anime, Video Games, Comics, Movies. You name it we post it and probably talk it. To get rid off the riff raff I purged several hundreds of people off my friends list about three years ago and never looked back. Best decision I have ever made.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I use Facebook as an email account. I respond to messages from friends and family but I never really go to their profiles. I don't remember ever posting anything but I have occasionally 'liked' something posted on my wall by other people. I don't really like computers, phones or tablets so I don't spend a lot of time on social media.

·
I love my everything
10,949 Posts
Intp

I'm not active, but I do check every once in a while (every several days) and like some posts as a way to keep in touch, since I am terrible at keeping in touch. (Lol, remind them that I'm there)

I mainly use it for updates, news, etc from some school organizations I'm in.

·
Banned
2,715 Posts
A few groups here and there, but I scarcely do much of anything on my own account; got better things to do, and prefer engaging in something alive and active. Also, I hate being tied to a big datamining corporate thing.. but I don't know where else I'd get all this news from artists and bands now.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I have a FB. I have many photos of my kids on there in my online albums. I don't necessarily post them all tho to the wall or anything I learned to back my photos up on social media after I lost them all before I was so happy I had so many I could get from FB.

But yeah I am not into the massive amount of posting on my daily life. I feel like its a cross often times between people having an emotional break down about a break up "one day they will see what they missed out on" dumb quotes. Or people that are playing keeping up with the Jones thru FB, look at my new house, now look at my new car, now look at this picture of all of us as a happy family. You know staged vs authentic.

I look at the news feed say every 2 weeks and am usually thinking same SOBs ranting about woah is me, or subtly bragging.

I like to post shit talking things about every 3 months.
I repost this often because I think it says the same message (I am obnoxious).
Usually with a sentiment about how people should STFU.
Hey guys if you like this you should click it or you will die and be reborn 50 times leading a terrible life everytime. How the fuck do you like the chains and spam. We should all promote products that are not advertised enough. If I wanted to subscribe to your political thoughts I would ask.

I like to post this song in spam every so often to all the whiney fuckers its all the same people whining about the same emotional shit all over FB.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I am on faceboom. But it mostly is to keep in contact with family as I travel. I rarely respond, almost never post.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I use Facebook as a communication tool and a newspaper/short article/infographics reader. Seldom post stuff. Seldom press like or comment on something. Have posted news article, music and photo for a few times though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts