Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Kind of

Votes: 7 53.8%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like most ENFP's have this method of "faith thinking". They seem to just "believe" that things will go right in whatever situation without using any logical reasoning or show how things will go right. It really pisses me off. Do the rest of you ENFP's on this forum have this same method of faith thinking?

Perfect example, I know one ENFP that I was living with for a bit. We had no money to left to stay in the hotel that night that we were living in that week, and she said "It's okay, have faith, we'll find a way to afford the hotel." I then questioned, "How? How are we going to be able to afford it?" They gave me no reasoning what-so-ever, they just said to have faith? This was very hard for me because I have to have some type of reason as to why things can go right. I am almost always usually skeptical of something in the beginning. However, I know many, many ENFP's like this, and are faith thinkers.. How many of you folks are like this?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I don't think like this. I have to have some inkling of a reason, at the very least, to believe that something will go right. I'm optimistic about situations, but I'm not just going to sit back and "hope" it all goes right. I know all too well that life doesn't work that way.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
i do logically think things through, but there is a sense of trust in myself. i trust my ability to improvise, like i truly believe that if i REALLY wanted to be rich i'd achieve it somehow, just because i'd focus on how to be good at getting rich, and the same applies to everything i DO want.
i can kind of understand your friend's thinking as opportunities spring up everywhere, it's just that most of us don't see them or don't have the confidence to take them.

ever heard of the law of attraction? it works on this principle. did you ever think that the only logical reasoning she needed was that she had enough faith in herself to see and take advantage of an opportunity when it presented itself?

·
Registered
73 Posts
It kinda depends on the situation. But I generally will have a "feel" for something and usually I am right. So if I'm not worried that things will turn out ok, then I guess I would call that going on faith or my gut. No facts to back things up, just gut. Since I have learned that my gut is right 95% of the time, I go with it. However in the situation you described I would need things a lot more concrete. Other people and their money are nothing to put faith in.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Other people and their money are nothing to put faith in.
Yes, definitely. :dry:

I think sometimes my "faith thinking" is just my faith in my ability to improvise. There are some things I know I could improvise my way out of and other things I know I would absolutely not be able to. It just takes a good understanding of my limitations to know what those things are and aren't.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Nothing more than what others have said...
It depends on the exact situation and the factors...the people and things involved. I do think things through and make sure I'm not making retarded decisions. I have a tendency to be optimistic in a way that may manifest itself in 'faith thinking', but usually I'll take more time to think things through.
Then there are some times when I completely trust myself and the situation enough to go on with 'faith thinking' lol

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I'm optimistic and I'll say things will turn out all right, but I'll figure out a way at least. I don't say say, "Have faith". That would irk me too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts