Personality Cafe banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
What I wanna know is are there any INFPs who are ACTUALLY space cadets, and if so, would you consider becoming our very own INFP ambassador/poster child?

Reactions: Shelby67

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
A guy friend of mine said to me the other day that guys don't analyze things, but gals do. Maybe that's what that was about rather than him being INFP? Men and women having different priorities in what they want from a friendship and how they go about conducting it. At least he didn't want to hurt your feelings and that's a bonus.
Tonight at work my friend remembered my parents' town (a little obscure fact) and the first time I happened across him at an intersection (maybe a year ago). Hmm.

As far as hurting my feelings, he's been snippy with me only once (and it was mild). I thought we amicably resolved it on the spot but when we saw each other three days later he apologized to me! (First time for an apology.) I hadn't harbored any ill feelings but the apology was nice. The fact that: 1) he remembered our exchange and 2) he wanted to be sure my feelings weren't hurt, well, that was sweet.

As far as friendships go, women are much easier! All my platonic relationships with males have been fairly shallow, with the exception of my brother and an old college friend, and those two relationships are 25+ years old. So when S. bumps into my life in January of '09 I'm not sure what to do with him! It hasn't been easy adjusting to the gender differences with someone new. But I'm hopeful. :happy:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am called the keeper of useless knowledge by my friends, Im a library of fun facts and random memories I can recall in excruciating detail but alas I never seem to remember things that are relevant or important... Space cadet first class here!

·
Registered
37 Posts
My morning mantra before leaving the house is Ears, Eyes and Flies. To make me remember that i have put my hearing aids in, have my glasses on and have done my flies up. Rarely do I get all three right.

I am terrible at judging lapses in time, whether something happened last week or a month ago. Last year or five years ago. If some one asks when did such a thing happen i'll say i think it was about six weeks ago, but it could be any thing from a week to year ago Is this an INFP thing ? :unsure:

·
Registered
15,749 Posts
I am terrible at judging lapses in time, whether something happened last week or a month ago. Last year or five years ago. If some one asks when did such a thing happen i'll say i think it was about six weeks ago, but it could be any thing from a week to year ago Is this an INFP thing ? :unsure:
If asked, I can tell you I've been married for 15 to 19 years. If an exact accurate time is needed one will need to ask my ISFJ husband.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
My morning mantra before leaving the house is Ears, Eyes and Flies. To make me remember that i have put my hearing aids in, have my glasses on and have done my flies up. Rarely do I get all three right.

Too funny! Actually, I doublecheck my fly (when applicable) just because I'm slightly paranoid. I had an occasion in my younger years when a faulty zipper embarrassed me publically. Truthfully, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but I did. :blushed:

As far as time is concerned, if someone asks me what happened last week I really have to ponder hard. Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to recall what I did yesterday! I don't think that's an "issue" solely attributable to your being an INFP. I'm an ISFP/ISFJ and have the same trouble. I attribute it to the fact that I live in the moment. It takes all my energy just to focus on whatever's at hand; I don't have many resources to allocate to the past or the future!

That's not to say I don't think about the past - I do; I try to learn from it. As far as the future goes, I plan very little. However, I am fully aware of the fact that whatever actions I take today will impact my future. So I do consider consequences. But I seldom plan anything further out than the week I'm in. :happy:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am always on the moon, but a way to counteract long term memory loss is, believe it or not, delta-9-thc. at the moment you wont remember things, but after some time you will remember even the stupidest details.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts