Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If they are red ants- no. I have a mild allergic reaction when they have bitten me. I will put grits on those ant mounds.

·
Registered
ISFP 458 sp/sx SEI-Fe
2,205 Posts
Not really. Can try to adore them though.

·
Registered
ISFP
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I remember when I was a kid, I would often visit the ants in my backyard. Something about these tiny creatures, their constant movement, their organization, the fact that they were working together. It was so fascinating to me.

I fed them random bugs. I remember placing a tiny beetle at the mouth of their cave, the panicked bug ran inside and never came out. I really wanted to see inside and my imagination ran wild.

My older brother caught me watching them once, then he decided to dig out the tunnels to see what’s inside. I felt guilty but at the same really wanted to know. Of course we didn’t see much.

·
Registered
ISFP 458 sp/sx SEI-Fe
2,205 Posts
I remember when I was a kid, I would often visit the ants in my backyard. Something about these tiny creatures, their constant movement, their organization, the fact that they were working together. It was so fascinating to me.

I fed them random bugs. I remember placing a tiny beetle at the mouth of their cave, the panicked bug ran inside and never came out. I really wanted to see inside and my imagination ran wild.

My older brother caught me watching them once, then he decided to dig out the tunnels to see what’s inside. I felt guilty but at the same really wanted to know. Of course we didn’t see much.
What do you think about this guy pouring liquid aluminum in ant mound on yt? Is it evil doing or art full of curiosity to you? I wonder.

Poor ants...

·
Registered
ISFP
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Fire ants are pests. Many of them cause damages to city infrastructure.

I suppose using the word lover is a stretch. I like ants like I like objects or topics. I don’t have emotional attachment to them, despite my earlier post implying I do.

Everything ants accomplish is amazing.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 531
778 Posts
I had this book growing up and it had a lot of scary looking ant pictures. But they were interesting to learn about.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Ever see a magnified image of an ant's face? Its rather creepy.

·
Registered
ISFP
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I had this book growing up and it had a lot of scary looking ant pictures. But they were interesting to learn about.

View attachment 872681
Lol, I read this as
“he truth about nakes, lugs, kunks, piders, nd other nimals hat are ard to love.”

I had some picture books on wildlife as well. Not a lot but more than I realized until now.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Code Cracked
9,549 Posts
So ants hate grits? Do they hate oatmeal as well?

What kind of ants did you have?
Oatmeal hmmm That is a google question I think.
Four Myths About Ant Control

I just learned something new. I know these work. I have placed them outside an area they were walking on my porch/near cat food. I have even lodged one into a massive ant hill after the F'ers have bitten me. Getting my yard sprayed by a profession for weeds/pest control works best.

·
Registered
INFP
1,182 Posts
Did you know that in Mexico they eat ants eggs? They say it's the caviar of the poor.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Did you know that in Mexico they eat ants eggs? They say it's the caviar of the poor.
I heard of in Sweden people freezing ants to death and then mashing them up into a paste for culinary purposes.

Reactions: LeafStew
21 - 40 of 42 Posts