Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

How many of you ENTJs believe in God? If you do or if you don't, how did you come to this conclusion?

Sun18

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi everyone!

How many of you ENTJs believe in God? If you do or if you don't, how did you come to this conclusion?

Sun18
Agnostic. It's too difficult to describe it, save that i don't believe in any of the spirituality or religion that I've seen to date, but do believe there are things in the universe/s beyond my comprehension, and it would be arrogant and unintellectual to claim to know either way.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi everyone!

Sun18
Yes, through personal spiritual experiences. As they say, I felt I was "touched" and have been spiritual since. I wouldn't say religious, since a lot of the dogma bewilder me but to each his own.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Gnostic: set in your beliefs.
Agnostic: willing to change your beliefs.

Theist: believes in god(s).
Atheist: does not believe in god(s).

I'd be an agnostic atheist. I assume there's no god, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince people there's not an eternal paradise. Hell, that sounds kinda nice, even if it doesn't make rational sense to me.

Reactions: furryfury

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, through personal spiritual experiences. As they say, I felt I was "touched" and have been spiritual since. I wouldn't say religious, since a lot of the dogma bewilder me but to each his own.
Hi RedOnion,

How old were you, and where were you when you had these spiritual experiences?

Sun18

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi RedOnion,

How old were you, and where were you when you had these spiritual experiences?

Sun18
10: Traveling with family and friends in a rented apartment, I was speaking to 'someone' in my sleep who asked questions who were were etc. I woke up to the noise of a barking dog at 3am, but we were on the 3rd floor and there was no dog outside. Next morning, my father claims he saw 5 white apparitions 'fly' out of the living room at about the same hour (he was sleeping there).

21: I went for a prayer retreat with my family. Saw first hand people dropping like flies upon being overcome by the Holy Spirit. Half witnessed what looked like a minor exorcism during this process. Experienced some unexplained feelings/physical experience myself (involuntary crying). That feeling stayed with me for a very long time after.

I often have dreams of things which are about to happen and it can be unnerving. Not always meaningful.

I am also a 'sensitive' in that I can 'feel' the presence of spirits sometimes, and from time to time hear things others don't. I think this is hereditary, as I had a grand aunt with a 'third eye'. I believe in the power and protection of prayer, which has been helpful to me and my family.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
5,311 Posts
Hi everyone!

Sun18
No, I am a non-practicing Christian. Meaning I'm Christian but I don't attend church.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10: Traveling with family and friends in a rented apartment, I was speaking to 'someone' in my sleep who asked questions who were were etc. I woke up to the noise of a barking dog at 3am, but we were on the 3rd floor and there was no dog outside. Next morning, my father claims he saw 5 white apparitions 'fly' out of the living room at about the same hour (he was sleeping there).

21: I went for a prayer retreat with my family. Saw first hand people dropping like flies upon being overcome by the Holy Spirit. Half witnessed what looked like a minor exorcism during this process. Experienced some unexplained feelings/physical experience myself (involuntary crying). That feeling stayed with me for a very long time after.

I often have dreams of things which are about to happen and it can be unnerving. Not always meaningful.

I am also a 'sensitive' in that I can 'feel' the presence of spirits sometimes, and from time to time hear things others don't. I think this is hereditary, as I had a grand aunt with a 'third eye'. I believe in the power and protection of prayer, which has been helpful to me and my family.
Hi RedOnion,

Thanks for sharing. Your experiences are similar to many NF accounts of the paranormal. I'm wondering if it's linked to being Intuitives.

Sun18

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am a Christian, but I am currently seeking to find my own rationale. I have grown up in a VERY Christian environment and haven't truly questioned my faith until recently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This life is all that we have. We have a very limited amount of time to exist, so it's important to be very efficient with our time.

Modern science certainly has not been able to completely prove life's organic, evolutionary existence. Though there is at least much fact to modern science, while there has been absolutely no proof behind the possibiliy of a "super being" or creationism.

Everything is made up of chemicals. Chemicals can be altered, but not destroyed. So perhaps it would be possible for our 'soul' or 'inner energy' to change into another form (such as a gas) which will take us up into the heavans. But here's the thing - no evidence supports the existance of a 'soul', no energy is expelled out of our bodies. Though there is altering chemicals. These chemicals (your body) convert into chemcials such as potassium, nitrogen, and fosphrate with the mere purpose of fertlizing the ground.

The circle of life is all around us. Religion is total bullshit.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Christian, I try not to hold religion and science in contention. Earth is older than 10k years old, fact, Jesus is risen, fact to me.

Beyond that eh I try not to intertwine them. I'm sure there can be some mistranslations in the Bible and some things we hold true in science today will be proven wrong in the future same as they have been in the past.

If you're a blatant atheists and make people feel bad for not being one, elitist asshole, if you're a blatant Christian and make people feel bad for not being one, elitist asshole.

Reactions: VinnieBob

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am willing to believe in the existence of a god, but I am not willing to believe IN them, at least not in any of the Abrahamic iterations. Both Old and New Testaments and the Quran have shown moral inconsistencies that I wouldn't ascribe to. With that being said, I do see religion as potentially useful for creating communities and helping people through harsh times. Having not yet been put in a situation where other things in my life left me wanting for those, I have chosen to remain agnostic.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
5,311 Posts
Do you wanna come to church with me Sunday? :p
Oh geez. Friendly ENFJ approaches me with an offer to go to church. :shocked: I likely will eventually but at the moment I must decline your kind offer. :happy:

Reactions: HGy

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm a freethinker (practitioner of freethought), though I respect the religions all over the world.

I have never adhered to any religion or tradition since childhood

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Atheist. I find your book(s) of parables nonsensical.

Reactions: Thomas60

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I've had different ones explained to me, I found the claims unsubstantiated at best (deistic god) and or inconsistent and self-refuting (any religious god).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yea... I believe in God. I can't deny it after his stunt about a month ago. My dad died in August and ive been talking to missionaries since. Just trying to trick myself into believing right. I couldn't. The missionaries asked me what would have to happen for men to believe in god. My answer was personal evidence that I cant deny. Well my friends ex wife killed herself and a few days after he got his kids it happened. I wouldn't believe this if I didn't experience it honestly. But I did. His second oldest came up to us and said that the monsters got his mommy. Nobody had told the kids yet. They were used to being at their dads. So this wasn't abnormal. He described the monsters as superheroes. Thats what he said the monsters looked like.... Superheroes. He said there were tjree of them and that they were in the sky and he pointed up. Normally thatd be weird vut he's a smart kid. He could have put the pieces together from hearing people talk right. But then this kid dead ass looked right at me. Looked me in the eyes for a solid minute and then said they have my dad too. There was a weird pressure in the air too. It was like standing to close to a bobfire. Except it was everywhere. So yea I believe. I don't worship though. I dont think his ends justify his means

1 - 20 of 20 Posts