Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed, when my own energy level is low (due to lack of sleep or something), my interest in finding out facts becomes even more powerful and ignores social norms. My curiosity about another person, when I'm in such a state, leaves them drained. I've seen this transformation in front of my eyes. For example, girl tells me she's italian. I go full assburger on her. "Where in Italy are you from?", "Have you read Inferno?", "Have you watched Il Postino?"....etc. and in the meantime I analyze and dissect everything she says, and give her feedback.

In the end I somehow feel I've kicked her soul out of her body. She is lifeless, without a smile, drained, and down. INTP wins. Fatality.

How many of you have seen this happen in your own experience?

·
Registered
50 Posts
So you drain the life out of normal people with your propensity for serious discussions?

And no, not really, the few people I've ever questioned in so much detail were usually more than happy to talk about themselves.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I do this all the time. It almost feels natural to be a jerk. You know how to be stubborn, how to piss someone off about a topic to no end. It's like eating junk food. You're satisfying yourself with what's easy, but you're ultimately not going anywhere. It's basically wasting time.

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
I... do experience things similar to what you've described so vividly. But apart from a quickly passing feeling of triumph and "I conquered u" kind of feeling, I don't really think I gain energy from it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
If my energy levels are low I just become irritable. For me, when it comes to being curious about people, the only people I ever get curious about are girls I find attractive and people who are skilled or accomplished in something I am interested in. I don't really bother with people outside of those parameters, at least with asking detailed questions about themselves.

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
I don't care about people in the best of days. If I'm tired I just go to sleep.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do this all the time. It almost feels natural to be a jerk. You know how to be stubborn, how to piss someone off about a topic to no end. It's like eating junk food. You're satisfying yourself with what's easy, but you're ultimately not going anywhere. It's basically wasting time.
I think this is the clue to improving such behavior. When I'm low on energy, I try to get a grip on reality by quizzing someone, and its easy to ask questions, but there is nothing to be gained from it.

·
Not a Robot
2,152 Posts
I don't understand this at all. What on earth do you gain from draining someone? How do you even become aware that that is what happened? How would that energize someone? This doesn't compute.

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
More of a highlander than a vampire... one quick and clean decapitation and their sweet, sweet energy is mine.

Reactions: ouchies

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's like I have very little social energy of my own, and so anyone who wishes to hold a conversation with me must input enough to keep both parties involved. If it's something I'm interested in I'll tend to muster the energy, though. And most of the time it doesn't pose a problem.

Reactions: s2theizay

·
Registered
591 Posts
When I am low on energy I go back to my shell. I never drain anyone.
For me, its more like my shell itself is an energy source, if i get tired i start to eat at that, but i can only feel comforable with eating so much

Because of this, the more nights i go without sleep, the weaker my shell.

I don't drain people, but that would be awesome. (Pls Teach me)

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I'm a reluctant parasite. I'm so bereft of energy that I have no choice but to drain it from others.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts