Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Faces, definitely. I find them to be way easier to remember, because there's always something unique about them, names on the other hand, well let's just say I know a LOT of people named "John" and "Ashley"....

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm pretty good with both. Faces are obviously easier to recognize, but I probably wont forget your name if you introduce yourself to me.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm faceblind so I'm better with names but sometimes I keep mixing them. Working among children is really hard because you have to remember whose name is it but they almost all look the same.

I'm good at remembering hair for some reasons.

·
Registered
122 Posts
depends. i'm weak at remember names and faces. if i really care about that person upon first meeting him/her (which is very unlikely to happen), i might be able to remember his/her face and name at the same time. i won't remember a person's name and face if i don't care about him/her no matter how many times i've met him/her, e.g. the teacher who taught a business class for few months last year.

for long lost friends, i remember their name, not face.
for newly met people, i remember their face, thought not very sure. "hmm, she looks familiar... i think i've met her before..."

it could be very awkward if that newly met person can remember my name and face but i couldn't. "hey there pearls." "hi... hi?"

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm awful with names.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Faces, hands down.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm good at recognizing faces - for example, noticing that the same person is in more than one of my classes at school - but pretty terrible at remembering names at first. I can be introduced to someone and forget their name not even ten seconds later. However, it seems like if I learn their name some other way, I'm better at remembering it. Very weird.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Faces.

It takes me anywhere from a week to a year to get names down. And some, I never do. I could only tell you three of my ten latest teachers, and that's after thinking about it; these are people I see everyday.

I remember things like posture, clothing style, gait, attitude/disposition, collective traits etc, better than I do faces. For instance, there's this one girl around school who I was introduced to. I've seen her about three times in the past four months.
I don't know what she looks like or what her name is, but I can recognize her. She's "quirky, upbeat, rather energetic and jumpy, shortish/odd hairstyle, lots of accessories, messenger bag, anime and manga girl".
There are, of course, probably a thousand girls who are like this, but she's like this in a certain way I can't put into words.

Reactions: Chinchilla

·
Registered
424 Posts
Faces by a long shot.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm quite good with both names and faces (eidetic memory) but if I had to make a choice, I'd go with faces.
Faces are unique, names aren't.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I have an extremely visual memory so, faces. I suck at remembering names.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
When I meet someone new I don't bother to remember their name and if you asked me to describe their face I couldn't do that either. Were I to encounter them again in the near future I would probably recognise them but wouldn't know who they are or where we first met. Only once I've met someone at least three times might I remember their name (I'm not really a big user of names - I can spend days with people without using them) but I still couldn't describe the person beyond hair colour and approximate height.

I had to do a police lineout once and didn't have a clue :blushed:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts