Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the global economic crisis hitting you?

Did you survive the cutbacks?
Weather the inflation?
Do you think you'll survive the next few years of this economic mess? Or, for now, are you pretty well off?
Do you care?

Personally, I've had to cut back on alot to make school still work. I miss you Starbucks, eat-out lunch, buying dvds, high speed internet! :sad: On the upside, cooking at home is saving me a ton.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
There's an economic crisis going on?

I'm broke but for a different reason. My financial abilities suck.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Yes

Well I am on this forum so that should be obvious.

Weather the inflation?
Inflation has been rampant in Ireland for years, Scotland not so bad, but I can easily live within the means available to me.

Do you think you'll survive the next few years of this economic mess? Or, for now, are you pretty well off?
Survival always.

Do you care?
Not at all.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm ignoring this so-called financial crisis. I've always been a saver, so nothing has really changed (yet). Me being half time student / half time employee gives me the ability to cope with the money for now. But hopefully I'll be able to go on holiday this summer, because last year I didn't and that really hit me hard in the last quarter of 2008. :unsure:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes

Well I am on this forum so that should be obvious.

Inflation has been rampant in Ireland for years, Scotland not so bad, but I can easily live within the means available to me.

Not at all.
And here I thought it was your ghost. :wink:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm ignoring this so-called financial crisis. I've always been a saver, so nothing has really changed (yet). Me being half time student / half time employee gives me the ability to cope with the money for now. But hopefully I'll be able to go on holiday this summer, because last year I didn't and that really hit me hard in the last quarter of 2008. :unsure:
Hit now, I'd say. Alot of service businesses are still trying to cope with last year's losses so prices aren't bad. but, I can only speak for the US.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's an economic crisis going on?

I'm broke but for a different reason. My financial abilities suck.
Oh no XD
I'm starting to realize I need to keep a better hold of my money. My bosses were hit hard and it scares the living daylights out of me that it hit s close to home.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
Thankfully I'm going to be paid from my new job shortly, so that should be a decent amount of money in the bank. It's an aviation place that has a lot of offshore mine/rig contracts for bringing their peeps out there, we're just hired a lot more people and are buying some more planes. I'm thinking I need to get another job as well. A grand a fortnight just isn't enough.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i was hurting before economic stuff. feel like i will never leave my parents house. i work full time and go to school part time. lookin for second job

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
It's not the amount of jobs, it's the money you make from them.

If you were an ENTP you could survive with your intellect and the lack of intellect in those around you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's not the amount of jobs, it's the money you make from them.

If you were an ENTP you could survive with your intellect and the lack of intellect in those around you.
that makes no sense when my medical bills credit card car payment car insurance medical insurance school bills and then the cost of living equals out more then what i make a month. i need more money to come in if i dont die from a sodium overload from raman

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
that makes no sense, when my medical bills, credit card payment, car insurance, medical insurance, school bills, and cost of living equates to more then my monthly income. I need more money, should i not die from a sodium overload by raman.
Sorry if editting that seems rude, it was annoying me.

I just have to say though. All those expenditures seem to me to be superfluous. Credit cards firstly, are a frivolity. I know I am being critical, but you may find that money could be kept more regular if there were firstly, a few less standing orders in your finances. School bills, medical bills and insurances are reasonable. Although, maybe it is just the American system to be paying for both Medical Insurance and medical bills.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i had no medical insurance and my retinas detached. i have 12000.00 dollars in medical debt to pay off. i pay for insurance now just in case that were to happen again... and it could.
my credit card is used when i cant access money right away and is paid off immeditaly. i only use it to build credit i do not abuse it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well batty it sounds like you've been shafted by the medical system in the states, sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how much it sucks to still live with the parents but at least you're saving a lot of money by doing so, maybe one day pay off those medical bills... I feel the need to stress the fact that people born with retinas prone to detachment should not be forced to be a full time student with two jobs, it's not right.

Personally I am living in a bubble world in university. I don't get exposed to the news as much as I'd like and money seems magical right now. Despite the fact that I'm apparently being tight with my money, when I go out (once) every week to buy 16$ of junk food it seems like a grand expenditure I never had before :p

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts

Weather the inflation?
Do you care?

Personally, I've had to cut back on alot to make school still work. I miss you Starbucks, eat-out lunch, buying dvds, high speed internet! :sad: On the upside, cooking at home is saving me a ton.
Yes I am broke but I'm not struggling like other people. I quit my job after high school due to being a full time student at a University so I "survived" the cutbacks. haha.

Anyways, inflation is actually low for the past few months. Everything is so cheap right now but no one has money to purchase.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I'm lower-middle class because I haven't the money to be higher .... yet! I'll get a lot more money when I turn 18 + I already have a lot of ideas on how to make even more.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts