Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is wisdom kind of an INFP thing or not? Adults around my are commonly using this as an adjective to discribe me. Not wise in the ways of the world, I'm quite innocent and niave, just having an inner wisdom. In this definition of the word, "Having the power of discerning and judging properly as to what is true or right; possessing discernment, judgment, or discretion." INFPs, do you also get called this, or think it is a quality you also possess? Maybe it's a result of having such a strong moral compass?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Since I was a small child, I have been called wise beyond my years, insightful, and of course "intuitive". It's often paired with comments about my eyes. I have some deep knowing eyes or something. "I always feel like you're looking straight at my soul." and also "You always looks so sad."
Even when I don't think I feel sad.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My parents, my teachers, the parents of my friends, the friends of my parents... Everyone calls me wise every now and then. My mother often calls me an "old soul"
It's really strange because while it's flattering, I don't feel wise. I feel awkward and clumsy and naive. That, and I don't want to consider myself wise.

·
Banned
549 Posts
I never considered myself wise but sometimes people tend to get mad at me saying they thought I'm intelligent but asking why I'm acting so naive. I'm so confused because I never even told them that I'm intelligent. Sometimes, I feel like people are expecting from me too much in their own basis. That I owed them for thinking that I'm smart, and I should be sorry for it. This is a life cycle burden of mine. I'm so tired of this. :sad:

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm mature for my age, but I don't think anyone is truly all-wise and I try to see wisdom more as a path then a destination.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I've been told I'm wise before, I don't consider myself that wise though.

I guess since wisdom is a human defined concept, maybe it's noticed more in INFPs since we're a relatively rare type, so we have the ability to see things from a different angle to most people and so can provide a unique input on something which is therefore seen as wise. Not necessarily any more insightful than anyone else.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My friends think so. They usually run to me every time they need life or love advice. It's ironic though because I feel like my life's a mess most of the time.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yes occasionally I am complimented with "wise words".

Reactions: Frodo Baggins

·
Registered
937 Posts
I don't think anyone's ever straight up called me "wise", but I definitely get "intelligent", "deep thinker", "clever" and "smart". Occasionally, I hear "I've never thought of that/thought of it in that way" or my favorites "why do you think so much?" and "STOP thinking about it so much."

·
Registered
26 Posts
I get "insightful" and "clever" quite often, I don't think I could ever get wise.
My thoughts get those comments, but my actions are very romantic and
inconsistent :S

·
Registered
34 Posts
A taxi driver in Atlanta once told me I was wise because I said to him "People don't want to help others unless it's for their own benefit." And I feel as though I'm more wise than my peers.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I'll join the club. To my astonishment, even to this day, people somehow seem to appreciate and value my advice. It can't be a "life" thing, because I do not know much about life at all.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts