Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Though I have the cognitive functions of an INFJ, I used to take personality tests as a teen and scored INFP because I could never tick the "yes" boxes when it came to being organized and tidy. I think it's interesting when I hear INFJs pride themselves on how accomplished they are with cleaning. I can do it, but I am not the best at keeping up with it as it takes time away from whatever subject or concept I'm currently obsessing over. I'm highly organized internally, needing clear definitions and timetables, but my external surroundings leave something to be desired. I attribute that to low Se. ;)

What about you? Do you fit the orderly description of a stereotypical J type?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Ditto.

The act of cleaning gives me no satisfaction. I keep my house clean because I don't want to live in messy surroundings. But there's no true enjoyment there. It's just another chore that needs to be done regularly. And I definitely veer on the side of doing the minimum.

I will go through organizing kicks. The idea of being organized is very appealing, and I like creating new systems of organization. But they typically are overly complicated, and I end up abandoning them in short order.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Tritto. I call it, "organized chaos." That doesn't mean my stuff is dirty... I do clean :p but I like my things to be within easy reach rather than neatly put away somewhere behind a door or whatever. And I rarely lose things so it's still organized in my head!

I've been told once this is an F thing, and that T types are the ones that like everything to be tidy. Though I'm sure there's exceptions for both. True or false? Don't know but it sort of made sense!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
As long as I know I can easily find what I'm looking for, I classify my surroundings as "tidy".

Reactions: cotti and opeli

·
Banned
3 Posts
Ideally, my living conditions are rather organized and tidy. However, this is more due to the fact that excessive clutter can be annoying, and in moments of stress, suddenly become overwhelming. I prefer to live more minimalistically for this reason. This is only in recent years, as I've always been something of a mess, often ignoring my immediate environment completely much like an INTP. Perhaps it is my budding Se that has turned my attention to minimalism.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love this post as I totally relate to it! I like things to be very clean and I love a plan but tidying is not my thing. Although, creating new systems of organisation is highly appealing to me. I'm very odd :v

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Er.. There's a tornado in here. But I am the eye, so it's okay :tongue:

Either this or really organised~ I don't really know what to call myself.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Clean, yes. Organized, only in certain things. As I type I have a ton of paper work and things on my desk that I still need to go through. Overall I make sure that my house is clean, I cannot stand dirty houses/areas.

I make it a routine every weekend to gather my things and get reorganized for the week ahead. I guess I could say that is one area that I need to improve before it gets worse. Most of the times my desk mess is organized in my own way but to others it looks super disorganized.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have an ongoing fight between my head and my house. In my head I picture an organized, perfect house. Everything in its own place, everything glowing.
The act of actually cleaning is such a bore to me though. So I'm constantly working at my house (being a stay at home mum) constantly changing, reorganizing, scrubbing.. Then il get into some person project and neglect it for a while. Then the fight starts all over again.

I love being organized, but to say I always am tidy and organized is far fetched.

Interestingly when I have visitors, they always ask how I keep my house so perfect on top of 2 kids and being 7 months pregnant. In my eyes, it is so far from perfect :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I like organizing things I care about. Household cleanliness isn't one of them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yep! I am quite random to outsiders but it works for me. I fought the J at the end because I thought no way can I and organized be used in the same sentence. But I am starting to learn I am more organized and structured than I thought I was.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yep! I am quite random to outsiders but it works for me. I fought the J at the end because I thought no way can I and organized be used in the same sentence. But I am starting to learn I am more organized and structured than I thought I was.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The only time I go into great outbursts of cleaning my room/house is usually in moments of high levels of stress (hello exam time). For some reason the act of physically cleaning makes me feel like I'm mentally decluttering as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Exactly how I feel! When I'm stressed or feel anxious, I clean out of a desire to organize my thoughts. Whenever things are done and my house is organized, I can think more clearly and make sound decisions.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't like cleaning so everything is perfectly put away. I like things out a little bit to keep the flow going. It's organized in that I know where everything is and everything has a place. Other people may see it as sort of messy because things are out, but I like it the way it is for the most part :). I like to really clean when everything else is done first.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Organized, but not always tidy. I HATE cleaning, but I hate disorganized surroundings even more. I'm a little OCD, so once I start, I have a hard time not continuing with high anxiety.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts