Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not so much in the histrionic or "drama queen" kind of way, but in a fun way.
Like, sometimes for fun, I might drop something (not the dropping something part, but my reaction, lol) and go like "NOOOOOOOOOOO! That was my last (whatever it is I dropped) and now it shall never come back! Never! NEVER!"
Yeah, for some reason my coworkers think I'm nuts, lol.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Haha, yesss.
I use hyperboles sometimes, mostly to be funny. But sometimes people take me too seriously and think I'm really upset.
Like "I am so tired, I am going to pass out to death and sleep for a million years...and be dead forever."
My close friends would laugh at this, which is the reaction I want, because I know I'm being silly. But sometimes people just look at me weird and think I'm crazy or being seriously dramatic.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Haha yes. I even have a habit of saying "FAREWELL" in a very dramatic manner doing a swishy zorroish motion as I turn to leave and a serious face. I'm just being silly. Although the farewell I use in my own language actually implies "This is the last time you'll ever see me" (Yeah we sorta have a word for that). A few times people have taken me a bit too seriously and been all "OMG WHAT WHY" lol. Sarcasm understanding fail.

Also I like to shout "LIES" to just about anything lol. It's become a habit and always makes me and my bf laugh. So everytime he says "You look beautiful" or something like that I go "....LIES!" in a super dramatic way. Lol talk about a way to kill the moment! :---D

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Also I like to shout "LIES" to just about anything lol. It's become a habit and always makes me and my bf laugh. So everytime he says "You look beautiful" or something like that I go "....LIES!" in a super dramatic way. Lol talk about a way to kill the moment! :---D
Haha! i used to do the "LIES!" thing too. But it confused too many people.
Now, I like to yell "THAT'S RACIST!" when someone says something negative about another person... You would be surprised how many people have tried to explain to me what the word "racist" means. hahaha. Sarcasm fail indeed!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Now, I like to yell "THAT'S RACIST!" when someone says something negative about another person... You would be surprised how many people have tried to explain to me what the word "racist" means. hahaha. Sarcasm fail indeed!
Haha! Sounds so familiar. I haven't used the racist thing but I have said similar stuff to people as a joke which has made them start defending themselves. It's really comical. :-D

·
Registered
381 Posts
The four responses made previous to this all start with "Haha".

*seethe*

Sorry. Please go on about your business ¬.¬
Haha oh god. Oh lol I did it again. :laughing:

Anyway, now that you mentioned I feel like I was miming Jamie.Ether every single time! : -D Damn. Wasn't intentional ofc. But yeah I really have a habit of saying haha and hehe a lot. Fail.

·
Registered
325 Posts
haha yes! and more on the grounds of humour (like you!) and outright curiosity. on curiosity, such as on the quest to find life in other planets, my face lights up , my arms flail then I jump up and down like a 5 year old, and gasps "What's out there to see?!"
Then if I struck upon an epiphany, I pull off this joker-like smile then clap like a seal. It's quite funny really when I catch people off-guard with this quirkiness, because I normally wear an uptight, serious countenance. :p

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Sort of. It's a terrifying feeling to see my anger. I'm still and I either just stand there or sit there with this very serious face. I'm not being impulsive and saying things that don't make sense. Everything I say will make sense. The other person usually doesn't defend themself for very long, or if they do it starts to seem pointless to them. Even very aggressive argumentative people can be controlled by me because I'll be so still and not give them any stimulation to keep them going. So they actually start listening to me.

I start to say profound things, almost like words of wisdom that don't completely relate to the details of the context, in a very serious almost threatening way, and they get scared. I don't know, really It's interesting in general when I have a serious talk with someone because it's like a become a different person. I just start saying all these profound things.

Other than that I'll just be a sarcastic person

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
lol I totally can relate to that.....I use to yell NO WAY!! (with both hands on my cheeks) when someone says something I find obvious :tongue: or when I am looking for something and I can´t find it...I do this a lot when I go to the supermarket and I can´t find my favorite ice cream, to what, my 7 years old (INTJ), girl reacts rolling her eyes at me and moving away lol it amuses me a lot, people don´t understand my sense of humor *sighs*

·
Registered
885 Posts
Not dramatic, I am liberally expressive.

What? Ol Yellar dies?

On the real though, I am expressive with my face and hand movements and metaphors.. if I am telling a story or being funny, I can be dramatic for comedic effect or to stress a point. However I don't lose my [email protected]#$ when, say, McDonalds is out of hot mustard for my nuggets. My reactions are controlled, and it takes a lot to rustle my jimmies.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Life is a stage. I can perform spectacularly, im hardly ever serious but im hardly ever joking. I purposely confuse and disorientate, and people just think im a random eccentric now. Yet i still have my serious face on a lot.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,469 Posts
Aw, the haha chain has been broken :(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA There, that should make up for it being absent in the last few posts.

Yes, being overly dramatic is one of my favorite past times. I often just feel like saying, "I just want to eat cake and die" etc. The sad part is I really do mean these things when I am saying them but I would never go through with them well except maybe the cake part.

And sometimes when I'm in the mood, I do like being dramatic by exclaiming things but people always think I'm being serious. My dad tells me to take a chill pill. The irony is he is allowed to throw serious temper tantrums whenever he feels like it :) I love hypocrites.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts