Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who's MBTI type I'm trying to figure out - I was thinking ESTP for a while but I'm not so sure because I have another friend that is an ESTP for sure and they certainly have some differences.

Are you guys good at persuading people? Like are you good at figuring out how to work the psychology just right so in order to sell people something? My friend was telling me the other day how he was a telemarketer and the techniques he'd use to get people to buy stuff. Just seems to like trying to work the psychology when it comes to business stuff with people.

Any of you ESTP's do this or does this sound more of an NT thing to do? I always seem to get mixed up telling the difference with T types.

·
Registered
578 Posts
yea sure. i can be sometimes. Your friend who worked as a telemarketer probably did a trail and error on those customers. It may be a psychological thing or it just might be that he's finding ticks or patterns from the customers and using those disadvantages to do whatever he planned to do. Like, sell knives. Either way, both still works.
You know how you do something over and over again, and you want something to go another direction but you end up with the same results as last time? Frustrating huh.:wink:
hahah, uh..
I'll use just about every persuading tactic out there if i'm selling something, and after i found the one or two, maybe even three tactics that work best for me, i'll use it. It really doesn't matter to me if i know i'm using psychological "tricks" or whatever, i'm just handling business. you know?:crazy:

the girl can dance!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That being said, I also forgot to mention that he also seems to be good at calling phone, cable, credit card, etc. companies and getting them to lower his rates after they've raised them on him or whatever. Then he was telling me how his dad has managed to get people to quit their jobs before he had to fire them. He was telling me that he hoping to manage that with a little practice.

*Sigh*... such techniques that are beneficial to have in life when people are trying to sell you something or ripe you off, but I just don't have the talent. I don't ever get tricked, but I can't persuade... I just have so much empathy that I naturally understand the other person's concerns and desires and struggle to stand up for my own sometimes.

Reactions: StandardLawyer

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Your friend is using Se for sure. Whether he is ESTP or not I don't know. I can sell things and manipulate situations to get what I want. I do it a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts