Personality Cafe banner

Are you familiar with the APTI? (Attitudinal Psyche Typology Indicator)

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • No (I want to know)

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • No (I don't care)

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys familiar with the APTI? Should I make threads talking about it?
It's about a 4 letter only system, E, V, L and F, each one and each position having a meaning.
There are 24 types.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I took the test and got ELVF. What do the letters stand for exactly? Couldn't quite make it out though I assume "E" stands for "emotional"/"emotions".

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've done a test and I've got LEFV. It seems interesting, could you say more about this theory ?

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
Reactions: ImminentThunder

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
VFEL is primarily inclined to dominate and seek control of everything, but most of all, they only aim to do this in the physical world. Take any object in the room, and the VFEL will introduce multiple ways on how to gain possession of that item or to figure out what actions needed to be taken to achieve control. People of this type are very well suited to the role of an administrator or a manager. The ability to insist on and obtain recognition of their innocence in their surroundings, is one of the VFEL’s main skills. VFEL is a sober-minded realist that inhabits the material world to the point of becoming completely immersed in their wants and needs. This can manifest itself through the love of manual labor, through the love of sports, through increased interest in military history or martial arts and in many other things. In the material world, they are able to take non-trivial solutions that can sometimes seem impossible to go through with, even with the necessary resources. If the VFEL decided to take on a complex strategic problem in competition, they would most likely suppress the resistance of the enemy, by means of the destruction of the territory where the enemy is. With all of this in mind, VFEL is able to appear very altruistic. VFEL can also be characterized by their very cold and reserved attitude to emotional displays, from their perspective, enthusiasm alone will never be enough to solve a problem. However, intense emotional displays do increase awareness, VFEL believes that emotional awareness does not really help that much when solving the existing problems. As it can only mislead people to fear the problem, instead of properly addressing it with courage. VFEL is still nonetheless prone to an overall tense and dry attitude towards people, even at slightly perpetuating rudeness in their endeavors. The primary reason for this is the VFEL’s desire suppress the unwanted emotions of others. (at times they can stop these emotions rather abruptly). VFEL are normally quite indifferent to abstract theoretical discussions, believing that their relation to the world of science is very distant, while still believing that everyone should be able to solve problems practically and efficiently, taking care of things here and now. However, VFEL is still very capable of absorbing a variety of new information, in the hope that someday it might be useful to them and always improving on their logical abilities.

I wouldn't say I was that cold. I normally avoid emotional stuff not because I'm impatient but because it either makes me awkward or upset lol. If someone wants to open up, I usually let them because I know it means they're ready to and shooting it back in their face is borderline cruel.

Apart from that, it sounds like if I was an ENTJ 8 lol I'm normally a bit more chill than that.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'm reading through the functions and I think I'm either:
FLVE
VLFE

I'm very much someone who's constantly changing the way I look but I seek enjoyment out of life first and foremost. I am also very driven and strong-willed but I can change my mind about things is the situation calls for it, no because I'm a push over, but because pushing something that no longer applies doesn't make any more sense.

Can you pleeeease explain? All the stuff I can find it in Russian lol

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
I'm familiar with it in that I know what it does, I know how psychologists use it, and I know who benefits from it. However, in my personal life, I don't use it. I think discussion would be interesting on it. I haven't ever taken a formal test or anything, but I'm about to take one online and see what I get.

Edit to add:

I got LVEF / Scientist Archetype

The key feature of the paradigm in LVEF, is their desire to explain the world around them through logical principles and pure reason. In this way, LVEF is able to safely to revise their logical principles that were developed over long periods of time, to make sure that their ideas weren't incapable of offering revolutionary solutions even if they do not seem to fit into common sense. LVEF are normally attracted to the non-trivial, efficiency and novelty of their logical solutions. Moreover, the ability itself to move away from the already well-established solutions, the LVEF especially values these abstract ideas. ​​The primary value for LVEF is innovation and erudition, which is exactly why the LVEF represents the scientist archetype. Sometimes, LVEF can pull together the disparate attempts to solve a fundamental problem through via analytical synthesis, pushing the entire concept towards success. LVEF is characterized by their tendency to evaluate the correctness of ideas most impartially, without making any rebates on the social status of the author’s ideas, not even to their liking or disliking of the person. LVEF is committed to active cooperation with other people, always open to discussion. They know how to defend their innocence, insisting on the principles that seem to be faithful to them, as they do not hesitate to be misunderstood in conversation at all. (“God does not play dice” - Einstein said, not wanting to promote one idea blatantly over the other, even though it seemed so strange because of the probabilistic principle of quantum mechanics). The motto of the LVEF’s attitude is reflected by the quote of Baruch Spinoza: “Do not cry, do not laugh, but to understand.” This leads to the fact that, LVEF has a strong desire to control their emotions which is only coupled by their inability to do so accurately. Often appearing very serious and cold in relation to other people that cause the stormy emotions within the LVEF. Their ability to control the emotions is so that they can effectively address the challenges that are enveloped in emotional distress, wasted power and most importantly, wasted time with irrational emotions. “Fear is the mind-killer, fear is deprivation of aid in the understanding,” this quote best represents the reasoning for the LVEF’s emotional suppression. LVEF perceives the physical world strictly through the principle of minimalism, that they should be content with the minimum amount as much as possible. There are some things the LVEF wants but doesn't need, it is better to do without it. There have even been some cases when LVEF sought to get rid of expensive items. The LVEF’s clothes are characteristically modest and simple because of their desire to wear one thing for many years. Generally, the material world is the least important in value to the LVEF.

Also, I think I was getting this mixed up with Aptitude and career tests when I first read it because I haven't ever heard of this before.

I also think that this type is probably something that an INTJ would be expected to get (Logic, willpower, emotion, physical).

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I just took that test and received an extremely INFP result.

ELVF

ELVF is a very emotional, mystic type. Many people of this type are distinguished by a very emotional and sometimes a heart-breaking response to the world; as they are very vulnerable. ELVF’s emotions are very strong, but often they are quite tragic in aspect, their subject matter is very common - a regret that the world is getting worse. Probably one of the examples of such a reaction to the world; the letters J. R. R. Tolkien, which is a very frequent motif of nostalgia in pre-industrial times, when there were railroads and factories. Besides, this type is prone to sudden changes in emotions and optimism, now counterbalanced with a deep inner uncertainty. Perhaps it is because they did not know about moderation in anything: love, intellectual excitement, disgust, anger, self-doubt, guilt, joy. Any passion can be absorbed by them entirely, and at that moment, none other emotion could serve as a substitute. For ELVF, they have a characteristic philosophical mind. People of this type are very much in the underground (amateur artistic and intellectual communities - such as science fiction clubs) and it is in antegrade than anywhere else. ELVF offers their perspective for the development of their concepts, which are normally very unusual, but their ideas can not always be taken seriously by society. ELVF nonetheless builds these theories (and absorbs new theories) with great pleasure and it is one of the major pleasures of life for them. Willpower is a sore point for ELVF, caused by the tragedy of their world. Decision-making and forcing oneself to be active is difficult for them. For example; there are cases where students who had the type of ELVF, even when they knew the material, they still did not dare to go to take the exam due to the fact that they were not confident in their ability to meet the standard for the exam. This causes their pessimism, implemented in the conclusion that the world is getting worse for them. ELVF invests in the material world at a minimum, usually because of their preoccupation with philosophical reflections. Sometimes, it is due to the fact that the material world is not just perceived as a burden for them, but as something that has to change as well. By virtue of their global values of what is impossible, as well as what can be sacrificed without regret. (This type is the most prone to develop doomsday predictions).

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I think I'm FVEL.

Yes I did just spend my time understanding the theory instead of starting my essays.

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
VLEF? Somehow this seems wrong but... I'm not sure there'd be a much better fit. I'll have to look into this. I don't feel a strong affinity to V but... It kind of fits?

VLEF is first and foremost prone to leadership and organizing efforts to collect information. They are characterized by their ability to stubbornly defend their opinions, including the strict compliance to supporting the independence and freedom of others. They never make any exceptions, not placing a single soul outside of the rules, VLEF sincerely believes that people should have complete control of their own fate and that therefore, they should simply be themselves. VLEF also has a strong tendency to set their own long-term ambitions into the near future, while still keeping in mind that the VLEF seeks to become a well respected and admired person, as a result of their accomplishments. VLEFs excel at constructing logical trails of thought and generating clear arguments; this is understandably one of the main advantages of this type. VLEF are commonly found in science and research, making brilliant professors whose lectures have an impeccable language structure and argument skill. A typical example of VLEF is Sherlock Holmes, his unsurpassed deductive method, which is the great ability to build inferences based on the most obscure facts. Debate, discussion, deductive reasoning, logic games and solving puzzles can give the VLEF great joy as they will often partake in these activities in a non-serious manner. VLEF tends to refer to strong emotions with a powerful bitterness and distaste. In their opinion, people’s emotional perception of the world is one of the main reasons for why the world is riddled with so many mistakes and errors. The VLEF will reject any emotional argument, by saying simply; “*insert emotion here*, is unworthy of my attention.” Apparently, one of the representatives of this type was St. Ignatius Brianchaninov, who set forth the “ascetic experience” concept to combat excessive the enthusiasm for emotional imagery. For which they are perceived as a major risk, because emotional imagery can lead a person astray and forget completely about their responsibilities. However, other representatives of this type, cannot cope with their emotions very well and will lead to the VLEF to issue an overly harsh assessment of different people and their emotions. VLEF is minimally attached to the material world as possible, as they can behave in a very austere manner, sacrificing their material well-being without any problems, because they themselves are worth much more than any sort of non-living material objects in reality. VLEF is certainly able to take risks (It is not by chance that many Sherlock Holmes stories are about risking his life for the sake of exposing the offender), in some cases they can even self-sacrifice for the sake of their beliefs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay so I'll probably make a master-post about the APTI, I just have to know where exactly.
First of all, there are no real equivalents with MBTI/Enneagram/Socionics types, but we can try and identify some aspects of each type to different functions and nature of other typology indicators.

To make it short, the APTI is based on four letters :
E, V, L and F
E meaning Emotion, it's the attitude related to emotions, ethics, culture, desire and art. It's heavily linked to the awareness of our own emotions and also other's.
V meaning "Volition", it's the attitute related to identity, willpower, confidence, selfcontrol and control. It's heavily linked to leadership abilities and behaviour towards it.
L meaning Logic, it's the attitude related to knowledge, research of truth, proofs and analysis. It's heavily linked to your role in debates.
F meaning "Physics", it's the attitude related to food, looks, comfort, belongings, aesthetics and practical skills. It's heavily linked to the relationship with your environment and how it affects you.

Each position has its importance as well.

If the attitude is in the first position, it's Confident. This attitude is focussed on the results and is naturally aggressive due to the affinity you have with it and the tendency to distrust others when they're using that attitude. It's strong and assertive.
If the attitude is in the second position, it's Flexible. This attitude is process oriented and is naturally passive due to the openness it presents, compared to the first function. The Flexible attitude is cultivated with interest and is generally pretty well developped as well. The main difference with the Confident attitude is that it's willing to help and include others, being more open to change. It's strong and passive.
If the attitude is in the third position, it's Insecure. This attitude is process oriented and is naturally aggressive due to the distrust and apprenhension the individual feels towards the aspects of the attitude. It's either very avoidant or overly involved. It's weak and aggresive.
If the attitude is in the fourth position, it's Oblivious. This attitude is goal oriented and naturally passive due to the uninterest the individual has towards it until it must be dealt with to achieve desired results. There is an uninvolvement and oblivousness towards the attitude and the individual generally lets people do it at their place if it's possible. It's weak and passive.

Don't forget to check this website my friend created, it has a lot of info and there are short and long tests :
[I'll post it as soon as I get to 15 posts...]

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
@psicoalex Which type do you get? Do you feel it relates well to INFP/Enneatype 4?

I would take a guess that the first position for an INFP would either be E or V since both are associated with Fi. The second one would be the one that isn't first so an INFP would get either EVXX or VEXX, the third position would probably be F since that corresponds to S and INFPs have Si third and the last position would be L. So I'd imagine that an INFP would translate to either EVFL or VEFL. Am I right?

·
Banned
2,044 Posts
ELFV

[1E] Confident Emotion: Naturally fluctuates between emotional states and spices up everyday life for themselves and others. Done with an authentic enthusiasm and passion of the personal endeavors they’ve journeyed through. They will often act unfiltered emotionally. They may not take into account the emotional effect their behavior has on others. They can have a tendency to overdramatize a situation. They may not deal with things in a level-headed way - thereby blowing them out of proportion and escalating conflicts. [2L] Flexible Logic: They are open-minded in the traditional sense of the word and able to freely discuss everything while listening and accepting the opinions and ideas of others. They give others the reflection and thought required to actively participate in academic debates. They are completely able to tactfully convince the other party of their ideas, while also openly admitting to their own mistakes, thereby enlightening the world. They may endlessly discuss ideas without reaching any kind of constructive conclusion and naturally over complicate an otherwise simple subject. [3F] Insecure Physics: Avoids burdening others with their needs and desires and likewise avoids spending money or energy unnecessarily on meaningless endeavors. They may feel the need to throw caution to the wind and indulge in physical lust - but immediately feel the anxiety that comes along with this decision, and back out. They look for constant improvement of their physical state while being very attentive to flaws within the material/physical realm. They can often be a vain perfectionist who is constantly unsatisfied or paranoid with their own looks and conditions. They can often overlook problems in their own physical conditions due to the wish to not impose this area unto others. May have specific tastes or preferences such as wishing for wealth, but they are unable to put any work into actually fulfilling their desires themselves, making it seem like they need to be pampered. Very prone to jealousy and may feel a sense of ownership over their partner. [4V] Oblivious Willpower: Very compliant and reliable. They may put harmony over their own desire which makes them easy to get along with, as they generally will adjust to the wishes of others. They tend to create a positive relation to expectations placed on them, while avoiding conflict. Good at giving new experiences and endeavors a chance. They can be very dependent on others and are often indecisive. They may be somewhat irresponsible and will actively avoid positions of responsibility at all costs.

I guess?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@brightflashes
Well, V is actually more of a Te - Socionics Se thing, with strong Fi influences, it depends on the position.
E can be identified with both Fi and Fe depending on the position as well.
Actually we could say that INFPs can be 1L as frequently as 1E, for example when they give a lot of value to culture, knowledge and analysis of their environment + values, and in that case they can be quite close minded when it's about discussing that. They know their skills are good but they're deeply linked to their values, so they won't really accept a debate when discussing their ideas and thoughts.
Personally, I'm an ELFV. I'm not 100% confident on my type because of the position of my volition, that's why I also tested as EVFL (which is similar to the ENFx MBTI types)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts