·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do u deal with this?

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
No, I don't feel violent. Not ever-- but there is hope for you. I would pursue help. I'd get a therapist. I don't know how bad this is for you, but get help. I'm sorry I didn't check this thread before. If you feel violent, immediately remove yourself from the situation and get help. If you don't like your therapist, find another quickly. Also, talk to your doctor about getting a therapist if needed.
I believe this can be helped--- like a lot. People do recover from this.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lmao thanks
I don't know if i'm really feel violent everytime
but i'm feeling violence fo' sho' when i feel something unfair.
i think that's normal, RIIIIIGHT? or maybe not?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think its bit childish but perfectly natural to want to lash out with violence as reaction to injustice. Butreally using violence only causes more problems down he line.
If you want to imediatley feel better take a look at your avtar. If a face like that does not chill you out, I dont know what can.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think its bit childish but perfectly natural to want to lash out with violence as reaction to injustice. Butreally using violence only causes more problems down he line.
If you want to imediatley feel better take a look at your avtar. If a face like that does not chill you out, I dont know what can.
is feeling violence already violent even if there is no act?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I don't feel violent. Not ever-- but there is hope for you. I would pursue help. I'd get a therapist. I don't know how bad this is for you, but get help. I'm sorry I didn't check this thread before. If you feel violent, immediately remove yourself from the situation and get help. If you don't like your therapist, find another quickly. Also, talk to your doctor about getting a therapist if needed.
I believe this can be helped--- like a lot. People do recover from this.
No not at all.
What's violence according to you? (Both)

5,146 Posts

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
If you feel like harming others physically, go get help. If you feel like harming others emotionally or sexually, go get help. I think it's more important that you ask yourself these questions. I think the context is only semi-important. I think getting help is even more important if you are in a position of trust over someone and feel like harming them.
I don't know your circumstances, but go get help.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anything that leaves a bruise, scar or ringing in your head? Also pinching, that suxs.
So feeling violence is already violent according to your definition?

Like this:

(Violent game screens.)

Also, meditation helps.
actually that's pretty brave
you're maybe one of the rare person talking about violent video games to erase violence feeling
actually i don't know, does it help a lot?

If you feel like harming others physically, go get help. If you feel like harming others emotionally or sexually, go get help. I think it's more important that you ask yourself these questions. I think the context is only semi-important. I think getting help is even more important if you are in a position of trust over someone and feel like harming them.
I don't know your circumstances, but go get help.

JUUUUUST, 1 sec gyal!
good thing that we're talking about context there
I asked a general question to people.
I didn't include the "I"
doesn't automatically mean i'm directly concerned, even if everyone is concerned finally, so I am, as you are and everyone there.
I said this because I felt like you judged me directly and .. that's all
don't worry you didn't hurt me, just tellin' :))

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
So feeling violence is already violent according to your definition?

actually that's pretty brave
you're maybe one of the rare person talking about violent video games to erase violence feeling
actually i don't know, does it help a lot?

JUUUUUST, 1 sec gyal!
good thing that we're talking about context there
I asked a general question to people.
I didn't include the "I"
doesn't automatically mean i'm directly concerned, even if everyone is concerned finally, so I am, as you are and everyone there.
I said this because I felt like you judged me directly and .. that's all
don't worry you didn't hurt me, just tellin' :))
Okay, noted. Changing context. Does the OP think people should get help when they are feeling violent feelings? ---There, hope that's better. =)

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
You know, I think there's a huge difference between acting and just thinking of acting. But it is still indicative of feelings that need to be dealt with and that could get worse if the root cause of them is not dealt with.

I've been to lots of therapy for just trying to deal with life's ups and downs and I'd recommend it to anyone, but when someone tells me they are feeling violent then that's definitely cause to see someone--- immediately.
There's no shame in fixing it before it gets out of control--- that's just smart and healthy to get help.
See there's no shame in my opinion to reach out for help-- we need each other as a human race. I don't know what context you would like to think of this in, but if we were all in a tribe I'd be seeing the elders of the tribe and the healer/medicine/spiritual person and whatever! If a therapist is what is needed because that's the support system in place then good. We all need support and wisdom from each other.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I will have to disagree with @Alesha on this one. There is a big difference between thinking/feeling and acting on these emotions, yes. But I believe your emotions need to be validated and not swept under the rug. I think most of the problems in society are because we are too repressed. Mass media and advertising bombard us with images of happy people where in fact few people are happy. We look down on people who cry or get angry and call them childish. But often, there are real reasons to be sad or angry, maybe death or crime or experiences of unfairness. "Negative" emotions are normal and healthy reactions to such painful events imo, and it's better to let them out sooner than get them bottled up later. I'd be worried about your mental health if the worst happened to you and you don't feel any sadness or anger.

My view on violence is similar to that in manga/anime/J-drama. Fighting is different from violence. So what's the difference? Start clip at 1:39, watch until 5:48 for an example of what I mean.

This is part of the repression I was talking about. Nowadays we don't get into real fights. The struggles are more subtle, maybe it's in school/work or in family, and it's almost never fair. Not like in sports. I believe that's why we love to watch or participate in sports, the rules are followed and the plays are relatively fair compared to real life where you're forced to compete in a dog-eat-dog world. I'm not saying we need to stop struggling. I'm saying that fighting is part of life, and should be acknowledged as such and people should respect each other's fight and help each other, not pretend there is no struggle or hardship.

It is hard to explain my anger. It is Ni-dominant, kind of a cosmic anger at everything and everyone. People would call it "out of control" but it is my default anger. It is hard for me to hate anyone except myself. Anger is different from hate, this is one of the reasons why I advocate expressing anger, so it won't evolve into deep seated hatred. Normally I don't "let the sun go down" on my anger, but sometimes it stays because I'm still feeling hurt.

Feeling hurt means we have to become stronger. That means accepting our emotions and making conscious decisions based on the bigger picture. Sometimes getting rid of the hurt might be a bad thing. We become numb not only to the negative emotions, but the whole spectrum. Then life feels unreal and we feel bad about it, so we try to numb out that feeling too, causing a vicious cycle. All this could have been avoided if we acknowledged the original painful emotions. This is more important to us NFs because we feel our feelings strongly and our values are tied to these emotions. If we discount or deny our feelings we might end up denying parts of our value system.

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
I listen to violent music and shout-sing (usually in my car).

Oh, also if there is a batting cage in your area I say smack the crap outta some baseballs.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I am appalled by the responses here. Violent games? Violent music? So people sell and consume violence for violence' sake now?
@Alesha The context is only semi-important?
What blasphemy! Context is everything! Only by dealing with context do you get to the heart of the matter. Only by getting to the heart of the matter does one have a shot of getting problems solved.

In my childhood there was no such thing as violence for violence' sake. There were lots of fighting in anime and tv shows but you know they're fighting the evil. Even when playing Street Fighter, you know that M. Bison was a bad guy. You play Gran Turismo and you don't want to scratch your car. Now kids play Grand Theft Auto and try to get away with as many hit-and-runs as they can.
I'm not saying life should be fair, it's not, but children should learn the meaning of fighting for good before getting all those mixed signals.

Now go get me a car to smash, I am so angry, and it is as clear as day that nobody can understand me!

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
I am appalled by the responses here. Violent games? Violent music? So people sell and consume violence for violence' sake now?
@Alesha The context is only semi-important?
What blasphemy! Context is everything! Only by dealing with context do you get to the heart of the matter. Only by getting to the heart of the matter does one have a shot of getting problems solved.

In my childhood there was no such thing as violence for violence' sake. There were lots of fighting in anime and tv shows but you know they're fighting the evil. Even when playing Street Fighter, you know that M. Bison was a bad guy. You play Gran Turismo and you don't want to scratch your car. Now kids play Grand Theft Auto and try to get away with as many hit-and-runs as they can.
I'm not saying life should be fair, it's not, but children should learn the meaning of fighting for good before getting all those mixed signals.

Now go get me a car to smash, I am so angry, and it is as clear as day that nobody can understand me!
Um...so I can explain why I said “the context is only semi-important”. It’s because if people are feeling violent they should go see a counselor, not waste time justifying the context or thrashing it out online. If someone is thinking of hurting someone, this is nothing to mess around with in a discussion. GO GET HELP!
It sounds like I caused the opposite of what I wanted? This thread needs to be done! People need to get professional help. Nobody is going to discuss the true context nor should they. Go GeT Help!!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Mmm...not really, but more like...feeling combative for a reason?

Reactions: nam

·
Registered
18 Posts
Okay, so like 90% of the time I'm the chillest person you'll ever meet, emanating peace and harmony and good vibes

But the moment I see something is wrong with my friends, I go into "touch me and you're fking dead" mode, I have a feeling like I want to punch everyone in the throat, and while I wouldn't actually hurt anyone, I could verbally destroy anyone that dares anger me in that state

Basically, mess with my friends and my tongue will smite you with the fury of a thousand suns, while my cold stare reaches deep into your very soul to find your deepest fears and weaknesses to exploit

But other than that I'm a cuddly and friendly person, like any healthy INFP

1 - 20 of 23 Posts